EA Forums - Banner

Anyone just moving their playscape parts to Act 2 fort?

Prev1
Is there any reason NOT to do this? Instant 20%.

Replies

• rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Is there any reason NOT to do this? Instant 20%.

I just swapped the two buildings. I'll see if it makes a difference once I get further into the quest.
  • Lol yea at first i thought i had to move the decor like trenches one side at a time.. then i realized the junk base and mega play base was same size and just switched them
  • thats what i did this morning. Tip, don't put the blue zones overlaping. it will take a percentage away from one and give it to the other.
  • You still earn on both, so I moved the excess pieces over to the new set. Besides, you see animations for the adults attacking the playset now.
  • Yip seems like the whole play area bit was a waste of time. The building just becomes defunct and you do the same stuff over again with a different building.

This doesn't really feel like an outlands event. It is more like a hommer fighting children with some ugly junk stuck on the side event.
  • Both give a bonus to buzz cans. You will see no difference moving stuff between.
  • I switched the bases to earn the 20% instantly. Now I'm building up 20% on the other base, because I like the new defensive decorations. But they fit better to the new base, so I'll switch again once I'm finished. That way I can take my time and still earn 20% all the time.

But I have to say I was quite disappointed that they don't stack. There is just no real benefit for upgrading the second base, except for the looks.
  • Just realized I can do this when I bought already 2 Junk Lookout. :(
  • What is the point of a 2nd base????
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • did this immediately once the act started.
  • Both give a bonus to buzz cans. You will see no difference moving stuff between.

They only give bonus if you Fortify or Attack the base with the bonus. Since one of the first quest of Act 2 is attacking the new base, I moved everything over.

• Since I can use the bonus % stuff on the new fort, I could be done with the act 2 storyline and start earning bonuts again by the end of the day.
  • smohqy
    2102 posts Member
    I moved a couple things over, still leaving the playscape at 20%, but I wanted more trenches eventually, so I just ran down my crafting currency to nothing to surround the new fort.
  • I know I’m going to regret this, but he goes nothing.

You will receive bonus sodas based on the % of the scape you are attacking/fortifying . If you are a/f the playscape, you will receive the bonus % based on the crafted items surrounding it. Same goes for the junk scape. But only up to 20%! if both are at 20% and you send every one to just one of them, you will receive 20%. If you send half to one and half to the other, you will receive a 20% bonus. Not 40, but 20.

• If you send half to one and half to the other, you will receive a 20% bonus. Not 40, but 20.

Why would one think they'd get a 40% bonus?

If a store has 10% off each item do people think they can go into the store, grab ten items, and get 100% off?
  • If you send half to one and half to the other, you will receive a 20% bonus. Not 40, but 20.

Why would one think they'd get a 40% bonus?

If a store has 10% off each item do people think they can go into the store, grab ten items, and get 100% off?

Because there are people who do think that way. And if you buy 10 items, then you could say, in essence, one is 100% off, the rest are full price. Or is it eleven?
  • I wish I had thought of swapping the bases instead of moving all of the bonus items over from the first base to the second - D'oh!

• I know! But, I'm starting to see this as a designing opportunity. Let the new fort be dismal and bleak, and the old playground be lush. If I have to spend donuts to do this, well, I've got them!
  • Upgrade both bonuses and send the kids to attack one, and the adults to attack the other. Then you can enjoy all the animations.

I don't play this game to have all of my characters locked in a building.
  • Amazing that all of our minds independently arrived at this bold brash innovative strategy. Excelsior! One Dilly followed directly by another!