EA Forums - Banner

Free Land Token gripe

Prev13
:# This really burns me with the latest event. The first thing I did when the event started was to do Land expansion to prepare for new buildings. I used first my Free Land Tokens and filled out the Ocean areas, then a few Land parcels with my remaining tokens. When I used them up, I needed a bunch more Land to "buy" and what the heck, no problem I had close to $200,000,000 - no problem right ? Wrong ! I can't buy Land as in the past, only wait for the VERY FEW Free Land Tokens to show up as the game proceeds ! Wish there was some kind of heads up. Now I am stuck with no way to expand.

Replies

• A thread was made at the start of this event about this subject:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/196752/can-you-buy-the-new-land/p1
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • billrx248 wrote: »
    :# This really burns me with the latest event. The first thing I did when the event started was to do Land expansion to prepare for new buildings. I used first my Free Land Tokens and filled out the Ocean areas, then a few Land parcels with my remaining tokens. When I used them up, I needed a bunch more Land to "buy" and what the heck, no problem I had close to $200,000,000 - no problem right ? Wrong ! I can't buy Land as in the past, only wait for the VERY FEW Free Land Tokens to show up as the game proceeds ! Wish there was some kind of heads up. Now I am stuck with no way to expand.

I know :(:(:(:(
  • I'd be fine if they would let me buy tokens with donuts. At least I could make progress.

Cash is basically done in this game in terms of usefulness.
  • Cash is basically done in this game in terms of usefulness.

It still plays a central role in donut farming.

• To a limited extent.

I have thousands of donuts and more than 3 billion dollars. Can't spend it faster than I make it. Hence, useless.
  • Can't spend it faster than I make it. Hence, useless.

gen-simpson-p.jpg
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • To a limited extent.

I have thousands of donuts and more than 3 billion dollars. Can't spend it faster than I make it. Hence, useless.

Granted, but you’re in a relatively unique situation with that sort of surplus. For the vast majority of players the statement that igc is useless simply doesn’t hold true.

• To a limited extent.

Why bother making it then? Now I only ever send my minions on event related tasks, everyone else just waddles around. I have no need for more money (got 800 million, that's heaps) so no need to send people on tasks. Saves a LOT of time. Then if I want some cash I'll send them off but generally only those used in events are busy.
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • Ratbag72 wrote: »
    To a limited extent.

Why bother making it then? Now I only ever send my minions on event related tasks, everyone else just waddles around. I have no need for more money (got 800 million, that's heaps) so no need to send people on tasks. Saves a LOT of time. Then if I want some cash I'll send them off but generally only those used in events are busy.

Because tasks and building generate XP also which provides a steady stream of donuts. It pays for event specials and other goodies without depleting my donut reserve.

Land was the last item which actually made a dent in cash. Hence my original comment.
  • To a limited extent.

Granted, but you’re in a relatively unique situation with that sort of surplus. For the vast majority of players the statement that igc is useless simply doesn’t hold true.

I don't think my situation is that unique. Plenty of players achieving high output after playing for years. One need only review the multiplier thread to see.
  • To a limited extent.

I don't think my situation is that unique. Plenty of players achieving high output after playing for years. One need only review the multiplier thread to see.

The players on that thread are but a small fraction of the total number of TSTO players.

• Only 1 Free Land Token in Act 3 ?!? A lot of us I bet were so hopeful that EA would come to their senses and let us buy land with in game cash as before
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    billrx248 wrote: »
    Only 1 Free Land Token in Act 3 ?!? A lot of us I bet were so hopeful that EA would come to their senses and let us buy land with in game cash as before

Theres actually 2, not that it makes a big difference. You get 1 for placing the ruffian fort, the second one comes from the prize track
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • billrx248 wrote: »
    Only 1 Free Land Token in Act 3 ?!? A lot of us I bet were so hopeful that EA would come to their senses and let us buy land with in game cash as before

No, two, like all the other acts.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • To a limited extent.

Don't necessarily agree. If you have played the game regularly for a while you stop having use for the money, regardless of your conditions.
    If it wasn't for donut farming, I would have started accumulating money without end after 2 or so years in the game. After buying the aspirational items (which was a very long time now), the only instances where I truly needed money was when new land came online. Otherwise it's not the new odd $1,000 item that comes along every couple of months that breaks the bank.
    Even with farming (now I only do it when need the donuts), and not caring a bit about getting money (still click around sometimes but only to kill time basically, don't try to get every single possible dollar like in the beginning and don't send anyone for jobs anymore) I still have $300 million and growing.

(I know I probably should farm that money to get donuts for when EA kills farming, but can't be bothered to spend hours doing that)
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    To a limited extent.

Don't necessarily agree. If you have played the game regularly for a while you stop having use for the money, regardless of your conditions.
    If it wasn't for donut farming, I would have started accumulating money without end after 2 or so years in the game. After buying the aspirational items (which was a very long time now), the only instances where I truly needed money was when new land came online. Otherwise it's not the new odd $1,000 item that comes along every couple of months that breaks the bank.
    Even with farming (now I only do it when need the donuts), and not caring a bit about getting money (still click around sometimes but only to kill time basically, don't try to get every single possible dollar like in the beginning and don't send anyone for jobs anymore) I still have $300 million and growing.

(I know I probably should farm that money to get donuts for when EA kills farming, but can't be bothered to spend hours doing that)

What I was originally objecting to was the OP’s employment of the term “useless” to characterize igc. You admit that you are still donut farming. Which requires igc. So igc still has a use, even if you happen to have a surplus. If you want to characterize igc as less useful than it once was because there are fewer things you can purchase with it or that it’s less valuable because it’s relatively easy to obtain, that’s fine.

There is currently a thread in General Discussion on the subject of generating money for purposes of farming that has generated over 600 views in a couple of days, so clearly some users are still interested in this aspect of the game.

• ruiqneiva106
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I was more commenting on your comment saying that sflowers330 was somewhat in an unique position by having a large surplus of cash.
    Naturally, if you donut farm, ceteris paribus, you have more use for game cash than if you don't.
  • Here's the solution I'm hoping for: a "frontier land office" that generates tokens analogously to the way Squidport tiles are produced. It might cost a lot of money (1 million? 2 million?) and take a lot of time (2 days? 3?) or cost many donuts to rush (100? 200?) but at least there'll be a way for everyone to unlock all the land. The patient among us would be able to take their time about it, the impatient would be able to spend donuts to be done with it.
  • ^^ this! B)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Here's the solution I'm hoping for: a "frontier land office" that generates tokens analogously to the way Squidport tiles are produced. It might cost a lot of money (1 million? 2 million?) and take a lot of time (2 days? 3?) or cost many donuts to rush (100? 200?) but at least there'll be a way for everyone to unlock all the land. The patient among us would be able to take their time about it, the impatient would be able to spend donuts to be done with it.

Great idea! I'll take one!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.