EA Forums - Banner

Updates but have space

isaiahlain14
50 posts Member
edited February 2018
I have 4.2gb of space yet I get constant updates do you know what is going on

Replies

• I have 4.2gb of space yet I get constant updates do you know what is going on
    TozHJH6.jpg
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • If your device is constantly trying to update, but doesn't complete, you may have a connection issue. You may want to try logging in from another device, then try from your own again. That seems to fix problems for me better than any other method.

Good luck
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • I have 4.2gb of space yet I get constant updates do you know what is going on
    Do you play on an Apple device? If you do, then 4.2GB may not be enough space. See this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/192785/possible-solutions-for-re-downloading-apple-devices#latest
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • This may be different to what the OP had, as my updates aren't constant and I'm on Android, but am I the only person getting relatively regular large updates during this event?

Last night (UK time) I had another 1300MB update which I completed and set tasks etc when I got up to feed the cat at about 05:30. Just now (10:30) I've tried to log in to the game to discover another 730MB update. This morning's one is probably the 6th or 7th I've had just in this event but didn't have anything like this during the Christmas event (or definitely not to this level as it's really starting to annoy me!)

My internet's not the fastest, but it's also not the slowest and these updates take up a chunk of time that I usually don't have first thing in the morning, meaning I miss out on my first collections/task setting in the morning.

I guess I hope this is just affecting me so that it can hopefully be fixed, rather than a long term EA plan of huge updates. Anyone shed any light?
  • jaddy1874 wrote: »
    This may be different to what the OP had, as my updates aren't constant and I'm on Android, but am I the only person getting relatively regular large updates during this event?

Last night (UK time) I had another 1300MB update which I completed and set tasks etc when I got up to feed the cat at about 05:30. Just now (10:30) I've tried to log in to the game to discover another 730MB update. This morning's one is probably the 6th or 7th I've had just in this event but didn't have anything like this during the Christmas event (or definitely not to this level as it's really starting to annoy me!)

My internet's not the fastest, but it's also not the slowest and these updates take up a chunk of time that I usually don't have first thing in the morning, meaning I miss out on my first collections/task setting in the morning.

I guess I hope this is just affecting me so that it can hopefully be fixed, rather than a long term EA plan of huge updates. Anyone shed any light?

Hi, I'm also using the Android OS and to the best of my knowledge the last update that I got was the patch around the start of act 2, it could well be worth checking out how much storage space you have and if it's getting a bit on the low side try clearing out a few old videos/apps etc that you no longer use to just see if it helps.
    This may be different to what the OP had, as my updates aren't constant and I'm on Android, but am I the only person getting relatively regular large updates during this event?

Hi, I'm also using the Android OS and to the best of my knowledge the last update that I got was the patch around the start of act 2, it could well be worth checking out how much storage space you have and if it's getting a bit on the low side try clearing out a few old videos/apps etc that you no longer use to just see if it helps.

4.8GB, which I would hope is enough! Might try a reinstall and see if that fixes it. Tbh I'm glad they're not intentional updates!
  • Personally I'd say that a minimum of 5 gig is needed theses days especially if you have an older devices, what happens is that certain files in the game are marked as temporary to make it easierr for EA to update the game and if the device OS thinks that it's getting low on space it will automatically delete/clean up these type of files to create extra space, so it you happen to end up with several things open in the background ( using up the storage space as temporary ram) Then the device will do an automatic clean of temporary files to create extra space which could explain why it's only happening every so often, if you do have a few a bit of stuff on the device that you are no longer using then it might be worth deleting/backing up and see if that helps.
    jaddy1874 wrote: »

4.8GB, which I would hope is enough! Might try a reinstall and see if that fixes it. Tbh I'm glad they're not intentional updates!

I am on less certain ground with Android devices, because most of the forum members reporting specifics on this issue here have been iOS users, but 4, 5, and even 6 GB seems to be a bit of a grey area — that amount of free space may be sufficient to support the game and avoid the “constant update” problem, but may not be.

• Thanks folks, I've opened up 6GB of space now so hopefully that'll see an improvement. And thanks devilhunt for the possible reason behind it, I always like to know the why behind things!