EA Forums - Banner

Is there a fix for game briefly shows town, then immediate says can't connect to server?

Prev1
Same here!

Replies

• Beorn666
    29 posts
    edited June 2012
    Same for me... Has been happening since yesterday afternoon... I can see my town briefly (usually less than a second) and know some people have visited it and also that some of my toons have completed tasks, but I can never access it long enough to even do anything. Tried logging on and off from Origin, removing the app from the multitask bar, rebooting my iPad with and without the app in multitask, but nothing has changed and I still can't do anything. I have also tried to access the town with my iPhone 4S, with the same exact result...

Beorn666
  • c0rnilius
    10 posts
    edited June 2012
    Seems EA has another issue to fix. The same thing started happening to me today. They really need to get this game working. Games are supposed to be fun not frustrating
  • Beorn666
    29 posts
    edited June 2012
    It's getting even worse... Today, I can't even connect to the servers... I don't even get to the Origin login tap to continue screen... The donut spins (no looking for updated) and I get the Bart screen with the cannot connect to the servers error...

• mgermon2
    7 posts
    edited July 2012
    Got the same problem been locked out of my game since the 48 hr lock out for the so called fix it updates. My game was working fine before that now nothing.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah good luck guys!! Hate to say this but I've been locked out for over a month now!! Same problem as all of you.........but ea do seem to be doing something because my son has had the problem and since the update his works again.
  • DIGICAT
    13 posts
    edited July 2012
    Ok, made a new account, friended myself. The level 17 Springfield I have is definitely broken. I have houses and buildings on land marked as unpurchased, but which i paid for. My streets are broken, plants and flaming bushes on the curbs. Not a good thing. Whatever mangled towns before is still broken, but now the server refuses to let you play if your town is mangled.

There needs to be some way to fix a town, like roll back one save, or reset but keep all cash, donuts, and town value accumulated so far. If i could get the cash and donuts back it would be enough to rebuild. But starting a new account just to recover from this bug is a pain.
  • robertjack97
    32 posts
    edited July 2012
    I had the same thing for about half an hour, then my level 20 game reset after that half an hour. :evil: Good luck!
  • edited July 2012
    Same issue. I was a daily player since launch but haven't been able to stay logged in for more than a few seconds for the past few weeks. Disappointing from EA that there's no communication on their official forum. I'm deleting it now and not wasting any more time hanging around. Even if they do get it updated I doubt they'll add any more content. In fact I doubt there's anyone even working on this game anymore.

If you want a similar game, try 'Hay Day' for free in the App Store. Having loads of fun with it. It's a farm game but miles better than anything else out there and better graphics than the Simpsons. Oh yeah, and the developers actually support it with regular updates! SHOCK HORROR!!!

My username is the same on there so feel free to add me.
  • leamea914
    2 posts
    edited July 2012
    Same here!

Kicks me out as soon as I am logged in.

Only started after the supposed update and free donuts.

Never had problems before. Deleted the app and reinstalled it but that didn't help.

This sucks.
  • cohiba420
    24 posts
    edited July 2012
    noticed a pretty decent sized 'update' downloaded yesterday... sadly, no change for me. Still get kicked out as soon as my world pops up. :(
  • MoopsDude
    328 posts Member
    edited July 2012
    Same problems here :evil:
    Yes, THAT MoopsDude

I GRIND, It’s what I do
  • Pochoco
    47 posts
    edited July 2012
    Same here also :x
  • aracn0
    1 posts
    edited July 2012
    Doesn't look like we are gonna get a solution...
  • slashdothash
    5 posts
    edited July 2012
    Same here. Still hoping for a fix.
  • slashdothash
    5 posts
    edited July 2012
    Try this it might get your game going again.

First start game
    Tap logout of origin
    Close app
    Double tap home and quit app from tray
    Power off the phone

Power on the phone
    Download Simpsons app from app store purchased section
    Let it update
    Tap sign in
    Then tap your account tab in origin section after sign in
    Then try to play

Mine just started working again since I did this. Wasn't working for 3 weeks.

Fingers crossed, post back if works
  • Pochoco
    47 posts
    edited July 2012

Didn't work for me :(
    Probably could be the game version. Mine is version 1.0.0, what's yours?
    Try this it might get your game going again.

First start game
    Tap logout of origin
    Close app
    Double tap home and quit app from tray
    Power off the phone

Power on the phone
    Download Simpsons app from app store purchased section
    Let it update
    Tap sign in
    Then tap your account tab in origin section after sign in
    Then try to play

Mine just started working again since I did this. Wasn't working for 3 weeks.

Fingers crossed, post back if works
  • Beorn666
    29 posts
    edited July 2012
    Not working for me either :(

Beorn666
  • slashdothash
    5 posts
    edited July 2012
    And in the middle part of the process did you power off till red slider appears, and I had to sign out first as it would remember my details.

If it doesn't work, sorry, you might get lucky like I did if you try again soon.
  • slashdothash
    5 posts
    edited July 2012
    Just checked the version number and it's now on 1.0.5 when the version on my iPad is 1.0.2.

Will try to logout, delete app and reinstall from app store on the iPad.

Also when game starts it says checking for updates, then a new thing says synchronizing.

The game is more responsive since the delete and reinstall.

Will try the iPad now.

• slashdothash
    5 posts
    edited July 2012
    Yes. Logout and delete app from tray. Then delete app from home screen

Power off phone and turn on
    Download app from app store not iTunes

Then login. New version is available and I have retina graphics on my iPad 3

Well done EA

My iPad on 1.0.5 now
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.