EA Forums - Banner

Opinion of the Golden Scratchers

Prev1
Since you can't lose, and can win, seems like a good way to buy donuts when you need them.

I have plenty but I tried it twice. Got 6 and 9.

Replies

• VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited March 2013
    They're good if you don't to part with a lot of cash in one go!
  • LeoKanes
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    They're good if you don't to part with a lot of cash in one go!

Yea that's what I was thinking. Got SVT with it for $5.
  • riotzact
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have bought several, won 50 a few times but mostly 9's and 12's.

But yesterday I just needed a quick few donuts so I bought one and got 100!!!
  • JorgeU27
    107 posts
    edited March 2013
    I got addicted to them for a while and did like 20 in a row. Trying to stay away from it.
  • GZero604
    169 posts
    edited March 2013
    You can scratch a little bit of it and see the prize and if you don't like it just exit the game and try again.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2013
    I dont play the golden scratch cards anymore i done them a few times and highest ive gotten was 12 so sod that id rather buy a boatload of em :lol:

Fair play to all those people who have won playing it tho :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have no opinion on this.....
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have no opinion on this.....

Really?? :lol:
  • KilLMNOP
    18 posts
    edited March 2013
    Perfect to "top off" your donut amount if you're a few donuts short of something you want. I got 100 my first try, then 12, then 9.
    However the numbers are not in your favor for Goldens to equal buying larger amounts. If you get 2400 for 100$ then you need to average 24 donuts over 100 Gold Scratchers. 18 donuts over 50 scratchers, and 15 over 20 to equal buying in bulk.
    If you buy 5 Gold scratchers and don't get at least 12 every time. You'd be better with 60 for 5$.

The moral of the story is buy them 1 or 2 at a time when you need a few extra you can hit it big. But just like real scratch off tickets, 20 at a time is dumb

• teamzap17
    303 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    I've never bought one.

I refuse to preform underaged gambling!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2013
    teamzap17 wrote:
    I've never bought one.

I refuse to preform underaged gambling!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • mattkara68
    283 posts
    edited March 2013
    I just won the jackpot!!!! And then 12,12,20,20!!!!! Wooohooooo!
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    Don't really play them I my win 12 once :-( every other time I got 6
  • markfcs
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I've not played them regularly but the odds on the cash scratchcards seems to have worsened considerably since they were introduced. Make of that what you will (assuming they use the same coding and the chance is the same)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    The odds are horrible!

I stopped playing them.

And another one bumped (you have any idea how many pages I had to go back to find something to bump? Six!)
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    GZero604 wrote:
    You can scratch a little bit of it and see the prize and if you don't like it just exit the game and try again.
    I dont think that would work. Wouldnt you pay twice?
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    markfcs wrote:
    I've not played them regularly but the odds on the cash scratchcards seems to have worsened considerably since they were introduced. Make of that what you will (assuming they use the same coding and the chance is the same)
    I have seen a trend in the regular scrach tickets nothing but allot of 350 and 500. Me thinks EA removed the jackpot :mrgreen:
  • robin2tori
    38 posts
    edited March 2013
    Played some at first, stopped now and won't play again... I don't feel it's worth it
  • stuart0wen
    32 posts
    edited March 2013
    I clicked the golden one instead of the regular by mistake. When it asked if I want to pay, I cancelled, then it came up with a message about how I made Maggie cry and how I'm a bad person.

Yeah, because I'm a bad person for not spending real money for a gamble on donuts. I was tempted before, but that kind of put me off
  • nicolesump
    129 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I've played a few, never got the 100 but had 20, a few 9s and a 12 .... Alright if you only want to spend a little at a time.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!