EA Forums - Banner

Homer is Where the Art isn't tie in here

Replies

  • that's how the tie-ins work. besides there's a preview on both animation on fox and Fox channels ;)
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Don't they normally keep the offer up until a day or two after the tie-in? That's what I'm sayin'...
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • johncolombo
    11124 posts Senior Moderator
    I like the building a lot. :)
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • tapebelt wrote: »
    I would've bought a handful of the townhouses at 10 donuts each but I won't be shaken down for 150 donuts for the privilege of accessing the sale.

    150 for a building + character combo isn't really a shake down... the privilege of buying additional townhomes (each with their own payout) for only 10 donuts apiece is more like a bonus. could call it a juice up! :sunglasses:

    Depends on your point of view. If character specifics don't matter to you and you see them as primarily a source of $ and XP, then sure. It's no more expensive than any other combo. On the other hand, if you do value character specifics, you don't wish to spend 150 donuts on a character you've never seen before and a non-unique building that the game has priced at a value of only 10 donuts, then a juice up probably isn't how one would describe this particular sales method.

    c'mon dude, when has any standalone building first introduced to this game ever cost only 10 donuts? the game has priced it that way because it's essentially a bonus to a deal you must buy into first... a deal you've pointed out is no more expensive than any other combo. and a fair deal doesn't become a shakedown simply because you personally aren't feeling it.

    in fact, it's not unlike buying luann and the cracker factory as a prerequisite to unlocking the fleet-a-pita van.... another combo deal that costs 150 donuts.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • tapebelt wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »
    I would've bought a handful of the townhouses at 10 donuts each but I won't be shaken down for 150 donuts for the privilege of accessing the sale.

    150 for a building + character combo isn't really a shake down... the privilege of buying additional townhomes (each with their own payout) for only 10 donuts apiece is more like a bonus. could call it a juice up! :sunglasses:

    Depends on your point of view. If character specifics don't matter to you and you see them as primarily a source of $ and XP, then sure. It's no more expensive than any other combo. On the other hand, if you do value character specifics, you don't wish to spend 150 donuts on a character you've never seen before and a non-unique building that the game has priced at a value of only 10 donuts, then a juice up probably isn't how one would describe this particular sales method.

    c'mon dude, when has any standalone building first introduced to this game ever cost only 10 donuts? the game has priced it that way because it's essentially a bonus to a deal you must buy into first... a deal you've pointed out is no more expensive than any other combo. and a fair deal doesn't become a shakedown simply because you personally aren't feeling it.

    in fact, it's not unlike buying luann and the cracker factory as a prerequisite to unlocking the fleet-a-pita van.... another combo deal that costs 150 donuts.

    Except that Luann is a well-known classic character and the van is golden age material from a classic episode. For the same price, we're being offered a one-off character no one knows and a building of no significance to the series. To someone such as myself who doesn't see this content as just income & XP generators, that's a pretty big value discrepancy.
  • tapebelt wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »
    I would've bought a handful of the townhouses at 10 donuts each but I won't be shaken down for 150 donuts for the privilege of accessing the sale.

    150 for a building + character combo isn't really a shake down... the privilege of buying additional townhomes (each with their own payout) for only 10 donuts apiece is more like a bonus. could call it a juice up! :sunglasses:

    Depends on your point of view. If character specifics don't matter to you and you see them as primarily a source of $ and XP, then sure. It's no more expensive than any other combo. On the other hand, if you do value character specifics, you don't wish to spend 150 donuts on a character you've never seen before and a non-unique building that the game has priced at a value of only 10 donuts, then a juice up probably isn't how one would describe this particular sales method.

    c'mon dude, when has any standalone building first introduced to this game ever cost only 10 donuts? the game has priced it that way because it's essentially a bonus to a deal you must buy into first... a deal you've pointed out is no more expensive than any other combo. and a fair deal doesn't become a shakedown simply because you personally aren't feeling it.

    in fact, it's not unlike buying luann and the cracker factory as a prerequisite to unlocking the fleet-a-pita van.... another combo deal that costs 150 donuts.

    Except that Luann is a well-known classic character and the van is golden age material from a classic episode. For the same price, we're being offered a one-off character no one knows and a building of no significance to the series. To someone such as myself who doesn't see this content as just income & XP generators, that's a pretty big value discrepancy.

    Actually he is a new character for an upcoming episode so we don't know if he is going to be a one-off character. 150 donuts for a character with a building combo is a good price, maybe not like Akira or Otto but with the benefit of additional buildings at 10 donuts each, that is a wonderful deal that you may regret later if you don't buy it.
  • I love the new buildings, they fit perfectly in my last strip of land!
    uvpJyil.jpg
  • It’s a pass for me. The buildings are cool however.
  • bluntcard
    3641 posts Member
    tapebelt wrote: »
    only placed two so far, but also will be stocking up on them for future use.

    tRfKtjI.png

    Wish they were bigger. They're just too out of proportion for my OCD to handle. That bicycle wheel reaches up to the second floor. Yes, I know it's a cartoon, fictional show, still can't do it. Nice designs, though.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »
    only placed two so far, but also will be stocking up on them for future use.

    tRfKtjI.png

    Wish they were bigger. They're just too out of proportion for my OCD to handle. That bicycle wheel reaches up to the second floor. Yes, I know it's a cartoon, fictional show, still can't do it. Nice designs, though.

    appreciate it. i've never been too bothered by the scale... i mean really, it's all over the place in this game. i just try to make the most of what we're offered, so that things work well with each other and look somewhat realistic.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • ramrod130
    482 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    bluntcard wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »
    only placed two so far, but also will be stocking up on them for future use.

    tRfKtjI.png

    Wish they were bigger. They're just too out of proportion for my OCD to handle. That bicycle wheel reaches up to the second floor. Yes, I know it's a cartoon, fictional show, still can't do it. Nice designs, though.

    Couldn't imagine letting your "OCD" take over and not buy a beautiful building..
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    bluntcard wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »
    only placed two so far, but also will be stocking up on them for future use.

    tRfKtjI.png

    Wish they were bigger. They're just too out of proportion for my OCD to handle. That bicycle wheel reaches up to the second floor. Yes, I know it's a cartoon, fictional show, still can't do it. Nice designs, though.

    They are buildings in a video game.. the game doesn't care about your "ocd".. it's a stupid building...
    ...Yeah? With that logic, why do we buy anything with donuts? Why play at all?......
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • bluntcard
    3641 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »
    only placed two so far, but also will be stocking up on them for future use.

    tRfKtjI.png

    Wish they were bigger. They're just too out of proportion for my OCD to handle. That bicycle wheel reaches up to the second floor. Yes, I know it's a cartoon, fictional show, still can't do it. Nice designs, though.

    They are buildings in a video game.. the game doesn't care about your "ocd".. it's a stupid building...
    ...Yeah? With that logic, why do we buy anything with donuts? Why play at all?......

    Hee hee nice capture before the edit. It’s not a stupid building, just too small. I did get it because I wanted the character. I tucked it behind another building so all you can see are the chimneys. Looks kinda cool. What’s the point of a forum if we can’t discuss design ideas?


    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Agree with ghe out of proportion being an issue, but we’ve needed generic buildings that add depth for a while, and a premium character on top of that - not really sure why people dont make this purchase if they have the donuts.
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    I've bought a few and made a quick design to show what they look like and not bad for 10 donuts each.
    6i8ebB3.png?1

    Why did you buy so many of them? Look at the size of those buildings. The adult characters are taller than the height of each floor. Even the kids can't fit through the front door on those buildings.
  • I love the new buildings, they fit perfectly in my last strip of land!
    uvpJyil.jpg

    Love this layout.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    I've bought a few and made a quick design to show what they look like and not bad for 10 donuts each.
    6i8ebB3.png?1

    Why did you buy so many of them? Look at the size of those buildings. The adult characters are taller than the height of each floor. Even the kids can't fit through the front door on those buildings.

    I've only bought 20 of them so far as they look nice and great to hide items behind for %.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • Darn "everyone" quests!!! Wish the unemployment office worked normally after sending the required 5 (or what ever) on the quest.
  • Castiel19x
    4057 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Darn "everyone" quests!!! Wish the unemployment office worked normally after sending the required 5 (or what ever) on the quest.

    Most annoying quest ever and there's 4 parts to it. Wish they sort this type of quest out.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • tapebelt wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »
    I would've bought a handful of the townhouses at 10 donuts each but I won't be shaken down for 150 donuts for the privilege of accessing the sale.

    150 for a building + character combo isn't really a shake down... the privilege of buying additional townhomes (each with their own payout) for only 10 donuts apiece is more like a bonus. could call it a juice up! :sunglasses:

    Depends on your point of view. If character specifics don't matter to you and you see them as primarily a source of $ and XP, then sure. It's no more expensive than any other combo. On the other hand, if you do value character specifics, you don't wish to spend 150 donuts on a character you've never seen before and a non-unique building that the game has priced at a value of only 10 donuts, then a juice up probably isn't how one would describe this particular sales method.

    c'mon dude, when has any standalone building first introduced to this game ever cost only 10 donuts? the game has priced it that way because it's essentially a bonus to a deal you must buy into first... a deal you've pointed out is no more expensive than any other combo. and a fair deal doesn't become a shakedown simply because you personally aren't feeling it.

    in fact, it's not unlike buying luann and the cracker factory as a prerequisite to unlocking the fleet-a-pita van.... another combo deal that costs 150 donuts.

    To be fair with the fleet-a-pita, you can purchase more mobiles with in game cash not donuts. Same with the bonsai trees, great walls, etc. this is the first time you can built more but only with donuts. Then again, these bulidings give in game cash and a multiplier. I’m on the fence about purchasing this one.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!