EA Forums - Banner

Crooks

Prev1
O.k. So my daily is "Send Crooks to Friends Town", I have cleared MY town. Gone to 84 Friends towns, Yet I am still 0 for crooks?? **** EA???

Replies

• Opps I ment What The F*ck "EA"???
  • Did you drop Crooks when you visited your friends towns? (mask icon top right corner)
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • NO, I have no "crooks" Not in my town or in Friends places. No matter what I do not get the masks!!!
  • NO, I have no "crooks" Not in my town or in Friends places. No matter what I do not get the masks!!!
    You get crooks from clearing towns of conductors.
  • frosted1414
    2578 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    NO, I have no "crooks" Not in my town or in Friends places. No matter what I do not get the masks!!!
    You get crooks from clearing towns of conductors.

No, you MASKS from clearing the *Justice Agents. You get crooks when a friend drops them in your town.
  • Justice Agent image:
    ErjYMEYm.jpg
    Crook image:
    8iNzYw7m.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • johncolombo
    11504 posts Senior Moderator
    thanks for this info, I learned more I didn't know. I still don't know what we do with the masks once earned. Anyone?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • thanks for this info, I learned more I didn't know. I still don't know what we do with the masks once earned. Anyone?

I believe the number of masks corresponds to the number of crooks you have available to drop in neighbors’ towns.

• johncolombo
    edited March 2018
    thanks for this info, I learned more I didn't know. I still don't know what we do with the masks once earned. Anyone?

I believe the number of masks corresponds to the number of crooks you have available to drop in neighbors’ towns.

that's interesting. wonder why they decided to duplicate that info? Don't we have that in the upper right corner as well? Oh well. Thanks KB! I thought it might be a prize thing.
  • thanks for this info, I learned more I didn't know. I still don't know what we do with the masks once earned. Anyone?

that's interesting. wonder why they decided to duplicate that info? Don't we have that in the upper right corner as well? Oh well. Thanks KB! I thought it might be a prize thing.

The number that is in the upper right-hand corner of your neighbor’s town may not precisely duplicate the number of masks you have at a given moment in time. If I correctly recall the mechanics by which previous, similar events operated, there may be a cap on the number of crooks that can be dropped in a given town. If so, then the number in the upper right-hand corner is the smaller of: the number of masks you have (i.e., the number of crooks you have available to drop) or the neighbor’s remaining cap room (i.e., the cap minus however many crooks are currently running around in the neighbor’s town, whether dropped by you or by someone else). In the previous events that I’m thinking of, the cap was 10 (e.g., one of the older Halloween events when we were dropping formless terrors). Of course, I’m not 100% sure that this is how the present event works. Just assuming. :)

• I have only received 2 masks in the past 2 days. I am receiving crooks in my town from neighbors but there's no way I can reciprocate. Sorry to my friends. Hopefully I'll have some soon to drop in your town.
  • I agree with @KrustyBrand .

Masks in your lower left, above currency, are how many you have available to drop.

Masks in upper right are how many crooks you may drop in a friend’s town. It’s based on how many you have to drop & also the friend’s capacity to receive crooks.
  • johncolombo
    yeah it took me awhile to figure this out only because I rarely visit neighbors anymore since it doesn't really help either person.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    yeah it took me awhile to figure this out only because I rarely visit neighbors anymore since it doesn't really help either person.
    i’ve only been getting 2 plunder (if i remeber correctly) from clearing each crook. neighbors dropped 6 in my town today and thats what i recieved from tapping them

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    edited March 2018

giphy.gif

No visits for you!!
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • ywOrkIB.png
    Friend town with 10 crooks
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    how come in some neighbors towns the mask icon (top right) is not there at all?
    first i thought it was that they wre having the drop the fine art building glitch but they have the building placed and was able to tap agents, then i thought their town was full but no full town screen and i still had masks avalible to drop and by now these neighbors should be far enough in the task track to recieve them and i even looked at the last time they played and their time was all with in the last 12 hours
  • So when we drop crooks, is this timed (like a previous event) ie crooks can be tapped for a limited time , like 4 hours?
    If so - this creates complications - you need to know roughly the time zone in which your neighbors live. For example i’m In Europe, I play morning and evening - I think many of my neighbors are in the USA. There’s no point in me leaving crooks at 9 am French time as most of my neighbors are probably asleep or about to fall asleep.
    As mentioned last time this happened, I stuck a French flag next to my museum so neighbors would know. Don’t know if any of them read the forum , hope so. Hi guys if you do !
  • I have the same issue. I had drop three crooks in friends town daily task for 2 days now and since then I have only received one mask
  • lowjeff783 wrote: »
    I have the same issue. I had drop three crooks in friends town daily task for 2 days now and since then I have only received one mask
    the time restaurant is an issue, they might not have found yours in time but you might not find dropped ones in your time also if your working or sleeping.
    the thing to remember is that the masks are hard to come by and neighbors might have a different dropping system than you. for example: i drop 1 crook in each neighbors town and i started with my 1st neighbor alphabetically, my favorite neighbors or ones that visit often get 2-3. i have not gotten through my entire neighbor list yet so, they haven’t received any from me yet