EA Forums - Banner

Warning Regarding Purchasing Premium Items - Ongoing Major Glitch

Replies

• Willy9292
    1753 posts Member
    Thought I would share my experience. After getting the update from the Play Store my second town was hit with the glitch. Tons of old quests, upper left icon dead, even had the old old daily reward box up.
    I went to EA Help, requested a call back and put in the box that I have the current glitch and need a rollback. I got a call in about 45 seconds. The fellow said he was aware of the glitch, and would contact his support group to do a roll back. 5 minutes later, all done, with the loss of 20 mill in game cash but never lost any donuts. Everything works fine. He had a quite pleasant conversation with me and basically told me that I treated him well, so he treated me well. To me that is the secret with support.

He told me the patch to fix this issue is a day or two away at max ( we will see ) but all is good.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • ruiqneiva106
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hopefully they didn't lie to you and they'll fix this soon for everyone. :)
  • This morning , I discovered this "phenomenon" for myself. I did buy the duff gardens because i missed it last time. If i have them roll it back will they let me keep it?
  • I allready contact EA Helper 3 times because got the same problem and they always say I need to update software on my device an reinstal the game,and I done this 3 times allready and the bug is still there
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    hidajeta wrote: »
    I allready contact EA Helper 3 times because got the same problem and they always say I need to update software on my device an reinstal the game,and I done this 3 times allready and the bug is still there

The staffers who are telling you this are id1ots.

• This morning , I discovered this "phenomenon" for myself. I did buy the duff gardens because i missed it last time. If i have them roll it back will they let me keep it?

If you have them roll it back make sure that you tell them in an email, chat or phone convo about the item (Duff Gardens), that you bought it as a limited time and will loose it upon rollback. ASK NICELY and I'm sure they will honor tour request for both.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Today the bug hit me on my android tablet. But something different happened on my laptop ( ran with bluestacks), it didn't get a glitch but it will not go past the splash screen. I "tap" to continue, the donut spins, the app quits. I've uninstalled, both app and emulator, reinstalled and it still persists. Anyone else have this problem?
  • I've got it too. I hope they'll patch it soon.
    #teamgrumple
  • Mesterle wrote: »
    I've got it too. I hope they'll patch it soon.

Dont hold your breath. This has been going on for close to a year, and they ha e been promising a fix for almost as long. Call them if you havent already. Call them even if you have! Then call again!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Willy9292
    1753 posts Member
    Today my main town was hit, 2 days after my secondary. The whole process of call and rollback took 15 minutes 2 days ago, I'm 6 hours into double talk today. I have finally got an agreement to do a rollback, but for the first time had to push back and not take stupid ideas like 'this is related to the current update', just wait for the patch. An interesting point to note is I spoke to 2 people today, the first was well aware of the issue, and indicated that the rollback would take a hour to do because this was hitting so many people. After no rollback happened in 2 hours I tried again. The second, who happened to be the person who was so helpful 2 days ago was a complete manure spreader. I am now sitting unable to log in while I await the magic rollback wand to be waved over my town. In going on 4 years this was my first 'bad' experience with EA support, so maybe I was just lucky. It does appear though that the problem is getting worse. Hope all of you can avoid it.
  • Can't get on using Verizon network data. Can only get on with wifi right now...seems to only be affecting my tsto app though...
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Willy9292
    1753 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Thought I would update for any of those that follow with this glitch. After much discussion EA finally agreed to roll back my town, but said I could not log in to the town until it was rolled back, so that I am not syncing while they roll back. Fair enough. That was 24 hours ago. Still no rollback. They also said not to resume the ticket as that would cancel the roll back ( which sounds like **** to me) So I still sit, with the event rolling on waiting for a rollback that will take me back to the event start. The site now says that EAs phone system is down, so I can't contact them. It is amazing that they did a roll back 3 days ago for my other town in 5 minutes while I waited, but now this. I am going to wait a couple hours, and to avoid the threatened cancel I will start a new ticket, and advise what great story I get then. W.

UPDATE:

Spoke to an EA support person in US. He indicated he was aware of the rollback for this issue, but that they have found that rollback is no longer working and is causing other issues. They have stopped just doing rollbacks as they have accounts that they have done multiple rollbacks on and it still keeps coming back. So I wait.... Its also apparently EAs number one issue, in that calls about TSTO are coming in at a tremendous rate.
    Post edited by Willy9292 on
  • Even though I already had the glitch, I just got it again.

Do you think a rollback would be realy helpful? Because if this happens over and over again, we won't achieved anything this event, because of the rollbacks.
    #teamgrumple
  • Willy9292
    1753 posts Member
    @Mesterle please let us know what gets done. From my post above EA told me they were no longer going to just do rollbacks. They indicated that the towns that get this seem to get it over and over. I'm over 2 days without my main town, and still waiting. This really needs a resolution, a lot of us are stuck in limbo.
  • I've been contacted EA 5 times now but my game hasn't even really fixed.

I feel so upset right now about 'this' happened. just... FML.

I'm from Malaysia by the way.
  • barger9
    100 posts Member
    For those of you who got it a second time, did you clear your cache and reinstall the game before restarting? That would get rid of any corrupt code that may be on your device.
  • barger9 wrote: »
    For those of you who got it a second time, did you clear your cache and reinstall the game before restarting? That would get rid of any corrupt code that may be on your device.

This has previously been suggested by a number of users. It seems to have a certain face validity, but perhaps speculative? People using iOS devices have deleted the game (the only way I know of to clear all game-related data from an iOS device) and have still been re-infected.

• Willy9292
    1753 posts Member
    I'm still stumped as to why EA will not roll back your game anymore, but needs the 'studio team' to assess the issue. I'm now 3 days out of an event and under instructions to not log into the game until they fix it. Will I live that long?
  • My husband got hit today...where I got the rollback when it hit me, they refused, gave him the "studio team" nonsense, and said it would be fixed in 24-48 hours. Meantime the event rolls on...there better be a "gift"from EA after this is over. For everyone.
  • ..there better be a "gift"from EA after this is over. For everyone.

Everyone? Highly unlikely.