EA Forums - Banner

Template Town question

I've been hit a couple of times with the bug whereby the people locator item doesn't work, various things like SH tasks locked etc EA have now said the game cannot be fixed and have offered a template town.

Has anyone accepted this fix? Or able to explain what it means (What would I lose? Or gain?).

The game is on level 939 and been playing for about 4 years.

Replies

• Wow, that’s rough after four years. I hope you get answers
  • Thanks
    It's either a case of accepting a template town or quitting as it's unplayable in it's current state, already lagging behind with the new event as no point starting.
    The first fix was a roll back but 5 days later the bug returned
  • So can anybody explain "template town"? Because I will be in the same situation. The game is playable, it just takes forever to find all the characters now.
  • crickett40 wrote: »
    So can anybody explain "template town"? Because I will be in the same situation. The game is playable, it just takes forever to find all the characters now.

My no doubt imperfect understanding is that a “template” town is one prepared by EA that is roughly similar to user’s bugged town: i.e., similar in terms of level achieved, content acquired, etc. But the correspondence is only approximate. For example, the template town may have characters/content that the bugged town lacks and/or lack content which the bugged town has. Someone who has actually accepted a template town would be in a better position to more fully explicate the particulars.
  • Hi. I accepted a template town in my secondary Springfield. I think my level was nowhere near the actual level, the content was lacking and not containing everything that town originally had (but I did end up with the rich texan as consolation?) and definitely missing event content, but everything was laid out nicely. This was about a year ago, so who knows if the template town has evolved.

Best of luck to you.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    Do you have a list of all the characters/buildings you currently own? Maybe if you tell them those particulars they can include them in the replacement town.
    Although... Unless your town database is corrupt they should be able to just read your current database and recreate your town under a new name. You might still have to pull everything out of inventory and place it where you want it, but still...
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    crickett40 wrote: »
    So can anybody explain "template town"? Because I will be in the same situation. The game is playable, it just takes forever to find all the characters now.

My no doubt imperfect understanding is that a “template” town is one prepared by EA that is roughly similar to user’s bugged town: i.e., similar in terms of level achieved, content acquired, etc. But the correspondence is only approximate. For example, the template town may have characters/content that the bugged town lacks and/or lack content which the bugged town has. Someone who has actually accepted a template town would be in a better position to more fully explicate the particulars.
    my main town was hacked (according to EA) a couple years ago and the issue for me was that neighbors visiting me had their towns close and i had that happen to me as well. EA’s solution was to (their word) “clone” my town. It did save everything except the month or two that they rolled it back so im not sure if it wasn’t rolled back far enough. In my case it didn’t fix anything :D but i had 2 towns to play. I kept playing the clone til the end of the last event and nuked it. fortunately over time the crashing went away but lost a few great neighbors

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I'm waiting for additional information from EA still, frustrating as I've no chance of playing the current event til it's "fixed"