EA Forums - Banner

Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow launches June 29th

Replies

• Did Jrrrr Scouts a Crush Pt's. 2 and 3 of his sidequest.

Apart from that I just did some more Doop requests and more grinding out in game cash for that wretched Amazonian Hut.
  • DOOP request have ground to a halt, I'm at the point now where I can only do 1 maybe 2 at the same time and I have to use my top team.
  • Here's a tip from Reddit:
    Send a low level character on the Doop missions. When there is only 10 minutes left, cancel the request then select your high level crew and let them finish it. The timer will restart where it left off, plus time accrues back to it while canceled. :)
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    I was able to rank the Amy outfit to 37 (from 31) not long after I needed to rerun that mission to get the Hermes outfit. Then...I think it's been a day or two...I'm up to over 100k. I collect from buildings (as I always have) and have sent every character (which I've only been doing again since this event) every 8 hours (painful with the crashes). Only other NB is from the missions (I think it's 10k a run) and the daily reward. It doesn't seem too bad. I was tempted to use fuel on the daily planet NB mission, but I'm not sure it's necessary. But I'm probably dumb. That or I needed to run the Career Chip mission....
    Here's a tip from Reddit:
    Send a low level character on the Doop missions. When there is only 10 minutes left, cancel the request then select your high level crew and let them finish it. The timer will restart where it left off, plus time accrues back to it while canceled. :)
    Have you tried it? That sounds interesting. I might give it a try. But I'm trying to use my whole roster to make NB.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • 1EllieG7294
    1961 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes I have done it myself. It does work. I finished enough to go up 2000 doop coins in a couple days and I wasn't really trying that hard. My Alpha team was only in the doop for less than 15 minutes total.
    Edited to add: I don't know if it will stay this way forever. They might nerf it somehow.
  • I might give it a go tomorrow when I can get the timings right. I got the Martian Embassy up to level 10 so need another 90K now for Leo. Currently at 40K so almost half way to one of them.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Yes I have done it myself. It does work. I finished enough to go up 2000 doop coins in a couple days and I wasn't really trying that hard. My Alpha team was only in the doop for less than 15 minutes total.
    Edited to add: I don't know if it will stay this way forever. They might nerf it somehow.
    Always true, but still, I need NB more than DOOP coins. :(
  • girl22721
    1152 posts Member
    I have tons of nixonbucks again now but no chips. Unfortunately buying Walthazar was actually a burden rather than a help, since he has his own essence to collect from his own missions (which are less than generous with amount of drops) so adding him to your crew actually just increases the workload! My resources (fuel and chips) were already spread pretty thin!

Slightly unusual challenge this week as it comes with its own mission and that's just a single path which pays out 5 pizza for doing 1 run with pretty low difficulty. It doesn't cost any dice to do it, although it doesn't reward any essence either... so pretty much swaps fuel for chips. I don't have Hermafroditee up to rank 3 yet, so need to focus on that now and again lack of chips is the main issue. Think I've got nearly enough essence already so mostly need to achieve about 14 level upgrades before the timer expires.
  • baksinengl89
    855 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I levelled up the Blob from level 15 to level 22. The reason I did this I wanted try to complete the path on the first Amazonian mission that requires the Blob to be at level 22.

Also cuz I wanted a break from grinding cash out for the Amazonian Hut. Unfortunately, all my party got horribly massacred when I attempted that path.

So I am gonna level up my main party - the Blob, Leela, Amy, the Professor and Hermes - all upto level 25 before attempting that path again.

Btw has anyone noticed a glitch with the Doop Soldier Fry outfit?

I cannot buy it from either the Doop Gift Shop or the Outfit-O-Matic.

The game gives a level up your Doop Embassy message when I try to buy it from the Outfit-O-Matic, even though I levelled up the Doop HQ to level 5.

Also I cannot use my coins to buy this outfit from the Gift Shop either. When I look at his info in the Gift Shop, he has no price tag under his name.

So I dunno what's going here. It seems to me that the game is glitched.

• girl22721
    1152 posts Member

He costs 7500 credits; do you have enough?
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    I don't know how many chips I have. I only ran out once, long ago. I only counted once, too. I'm ready for their next update that counts it for us.

Anyways, I will have enough NB to upgrade Hermephroditee by tomorrow, but no clue on chips. We'll see.
    girl22721 wrote: »

Yep, you need enough before you can buy it. Price tags? Pshaw. ;)
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    I don't know how many chips I have. I only ran out once, long ago. I only counted once, too. I'm ready for their next update that counts it for us.

I hope so - they should scrap the existing interface, bank all the chips and just show us the total. Having to tap on individual chips is unnecessary and tedious!
  • baksinengl89
    855 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Yeah,I got enough. But this is exactly the issuing I am having.

When I look at the Doop Soldier Fry Outfit in the Gift Shop, there is no price tag under the outfit's name and description. So I can't use my Doop coins to buy him there.

Also his costume remains locked in the Outfit-O-Matic. So I can't buy him there either.
  • girl22721
    1152 posts Member
    I don't know whats up then; certainly the DOOP update has several bugs (e.g. it tells players that some items are available before you really reached the correct level and tells players about items that you already own & can't buy again) but if you definitely did reach HQ level 5 and have 7500 of DOOP credits to spend, then you should be able to buy that costume at the Outfit-O-Matic.
  • Update in store fixes some things. Also nerfs the cancel doop mission timer. Bummer. At least I got a bunch of chips and badges from it in the last couple days.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Updates should be happy occasions. Not true with TC updates. :(
    simp7fan wrote: »

I hope so - they should scrap the existing interface, bank all the chips and just show us the total. Having to tap on individual chips is unnecessary and tedious!
    Like the counter in TSTO crafting (buy more than one craft at a time), that would be simple and helpful.
  • baksinengl89
    855 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Good news, the update yesterday finally fixed my Doop Soldier Fry Outfit glitch. I was finally able to buy him at last.

I have levelled that outfit up to level 10 so far, though I really need to get him to level 16 to complete the task list for that outfit.

Also completed Army Brat Pt. 1 sidequest, working on Pt. 2 currently.

Fry himself, I also need to level him up from level 22 to 25.

Burnt out through all my cash levelling up Leela, the Blob, the Professor, Hermes and Amy all from level 22 to level 25.

Finally cleared those two paths on the first Amazonian mission that required the level 22 Blob.

Back to grinding out cash and doing more Doop requests for now.
  • Shame they killed it, was building up my coins nicely. Guess it's back to the long slog of using low level characters and just getting the fail payout.
  • girl22721
    1152 posts Member
    Week 3 is out (Leegola, Ignus and King Roberto). Hasn't launched for me yet so might have to update first.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Week 3 is out (Leegola, Ignus and King Roberto). Hasn't launched for me yet so might have to update first.
    It launched for me and I haven't updated the app.