EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Prev13456734
Wednesday afternoon I experienced that dreaded glitch - the flashing of old events, the inability to clear or initiate character tasks using the icon in the upper-left corner, reduced tapping radius. I checked here, saw that I'd need to roll back, but waited it out until last night - Saturday at 8pm. The CSR I spoke with agreed to roll back the game, said he needed to speak with a technician, then eventually said it had to be escalated to the support team (or some such jargon), and that I should receive an email within 72 hours but if I don't, do not reopen the ticket, start a new one and give then the previous number (I'd imagine so the call still shows as resolved.) So - do I really need to wait 72 hours before I uninstall, clear cache, reboot, reinstall? All I want to do is rearrange buildings and I'm going into withdrawal. If it makes any difference, I haven't had any push notifications since before I placed the call.

Replies

  • You can uninstall and do all that stuff but it likely won't do anything. They have rollbacked my game and it still came back and never fixed anything. Just a heads-up. See the "recent issues" listing on here for more details.
  • I got hit with the bug at about the same time. I checked an older tablet and it had the bug also. My husband account is fine.
    If you will not accept a rollback and from what i hear the bug reappears then you can do anything on your own tablet or client. The bug appears to be on the server side.
  • One week waiting. Nothing in my email yet.
  • My husband is still playing with the glitch...you can rearrange buildings etc. Just be aware that certain aspects of the game will be unusable (ie. railyard, character finder, etc.) So there will be some limitations on what you can do.

    He is still waiting for word from them, but they flat out refused to roll his game back.
  • A rollback is the only solution to this problem.
    Keep calling until you get someone helpful. Call at different times of day, you'll get different call centers and staff.
    When EA tells you they are working on a patch, that's a lie. They've been saying that since June of last year. The only way to get your game functional again is a rollback (and sometimes the problem returns anyway).
  • Willy9292
    1666 posts Member
    I urge you to not wait days. Open a new ticket, request a callback and nicely, but strongly indicate you want the game rolled back. Have the date the game was ok ready. If you don't succeed, keep trying.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • I just received an email asking me the date I'd like the game rolled back to - I guess the CSR I spoke with didn't notate that. Fingers crossed that it gets done and soon!
  • Please report how well the rollback worked. From other responses it seems the glitch returns in a couple of days. I am also a victim
  • So far it's fine. I'll update in a a few days or if it returns - whichever comes first. Unfortunately the roll back cost me Gino & It's A Wonderful Knife, but the specialist I was working with via email was able to refund the donuts I spent.
  • Please report how well the rollback worked. From other responses it seems the glitch returns in a couple of days. I am also a victim

    I had the same issue where it returned.
  • Just called for a rollback. See if it worked. I'm currently re installing the app... Lord, this game is huge now. :open_mouth:
  • I just had the glitch happen. Was ok at 5pm est then at 8pm est it started to bring up all the old events. Now the task icon does not work, collecting circle is tiny and no more rail yard tasks for this week. Called EA and got a phone call back in less than 10 minutes, person said they are working on it, gave a few troubleshooting tips but did not work.

    Looking at all the other post and some say rollback others say dont, torn as to what I should do. EA rep did say "other than it being harder to play now, it will not hurt to keep playing till we fix it", leaning towards that.

    Anybody have any thoughts?
  • I just had the glitch happen. Was ok at 5pm est then at 8pm est it started to bring up all the old events. Now the task icon does not work, collecting circle is tiny and no more rail yard tasks for this week. Called EA and got a phone call back in less than 10 minutes, person said they are working on it, gave a few troubleshooting tips but did not work.

    Looking at all the other post and some say rollback others say dont, torn as to what I should do. EA rep did say "other than it being harder to play now, it will not hurt to keep playing till we fix it", leaning towards that.

    Anybody have any thoughts?

    From what I found online between old threads here and on Reddit, a rollback is the only fix. When EA called me they wanted to troubleshoot, but I elected not to do that since I had done my own and the guy's accent was so heavy and I was getting a lot of feedback, so I just pressed for a rollback since I knew the exact minute my game freaked out cuz I screenshoted it. I'd rather just lose 24th hours of progress instead of a week's. At this point I can still play to win Nana mossilini (whatever).

    I also read you should re-install the game and delete your app cache so I did all three (including rollback) and hopefully it won't reoccur. Fingers and toes are crossed! I had a similar glitch on The Quest for Stuff and tbh, I never went back after Tinyco 'fixed' it. But I have been played tapped out since 2012 and I still love it so... Please please tapped out gods, don't screw up my game! Lol.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I just had the glitch happen. Was ok at 5pm est then at 8pm est it started to bring up all the old events. Now the task icon does not work, collecting circle is tiny and no more rail yard tasks for this week. Called EA and got a phone call back in less than 10 minutes, person said they are working on it, gave a few troubleshooting tips but did not work.

    Looking at all the other post and some say rollback others say dont, torn as to what I should do. EA rep did say "other than it being harder to play now, it will not hurt to keep playing till we fix it", leaning towards that.

    Anybody have any thoughts?

    From what I found online between old threads here and on Reddit, a rollback is the only fix. When EA called me they wanted to troubleshoot, but I elected not to do that since I had done my own and the guy's accent was so heavy and I was getting a lot of feedback, so I just pressed for a rollback since I knew the exact minute my game freaked out cuz I screenshoted it. I'd rather just lose 24th hours of progress instead of a week's. At this point I can still play to win Nana mossilini (whatever).

    I also read you should re-install the game and delete your app cache so I did all three (including rollback) and hopefully it won't reoccur. Fingers and toes are crossed! I had a similar glitch on The Quest for Stuff and tbh, I never went back after Tinyco 'fixed' it. But I have been played tapped out since 2012 and I still love it so... Please please tapped out gods, don't screw up my game! Lol.

    A rollback is likely to prove a temporary fix. As for the advice on re-installation and cache deletion — users have reported doing this and still experiencing a recurrence of the glitch.
  • Willy9292
    1666 posts Member
    I and a number of people have posted extensively on this. Currently rollback is the only option that works. It has been posted that there is a fix, but it is apparently not widely known about in EA support. The important points are these:

    Roll back works, even if the glitch re-occurs

    Waiting to get rolled back is resisting the inevitable. Resistance is futile, ask the Borg. All you do is waste time as you will loose everything you do in the interim

    Many of us have had a rollback with no return of the glitch.

    You will have to press hard to get the rollback unless you get a support rep who is aware of what is going on. If that happens try again until you get the right person.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    I and a number of people have posted extensively on this. Currently rollback is the only option that works. It has been posted that there is a fix, but it is apparently not widely known about in EA support. The important points are these:

    Roll back works, even if the glitch re-occurs

    Waiting to get rolled back is resisting the inevitable. Resistance is futile, ask the Borg. All you do is waste time as you will loose everything you do in the interim

    Many of us have had a rollback with no return of the glitch.

    You will have to press hard to get the rollback unless you get a support rep who is aware of what is going on. If that happens try again until you get the right person.

    A rollback did not work me. They tried several times.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    You will have to press hard to get the rollback unless you get a support rep who is aware of what is going on. If that happens try again until you get the right person.

    This was also my experience. Dude wanted to troubleshoot and I just explained the situation, and strongly asked for a rollback. I only lost about 22 hours of event progress. Lucky for me, once I saw how weird my game was being, I didn't try to do anything other than event stuff. Losing 22 hours now is not a big deal, IMO. I'm also super glad to the old threads about this here and on Reddit that strongly suggested the end result was roll back so, I trusted the trailblazers. No regrets.

  • Willy9292
    1666 posts Member
    mlavanway wrote: »
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    I and a number of people have posted extensively on this. Currently rollback is the only option that works. It has been posted that there is a fix, but it is apparently not widely known about in EA support. The important points are these:

    Roll back works, even if the glitch re-occurs

    Waiting to get rolled back is resisting the inevitable. Resistance is futile, ask the Borg. All you do is waste time as you will loose everything you do in the interim

    Many of us have had a rollback with no return of the glitch.

    You will have to press hard to get the rollback unless you get a support rep who is aware of what is going on. If that happens try again until you get the right person.

    A rollback did not work me. They tried several times.

    The only way that should happen is if there has been so much time pass that they no longer have a clean backup. That is part of the urgency in starting the process ASAP. I am not privy to how many/how long EA keeps backups, but I am sure there will be a finite limit. I hope for you they actually resolve the issue so you can continue. Best of luck.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    mlavanway wrote: »
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    I and a number of people have posted extensively on this. Currently rollback is the only option that works. It has been posted that there is a fix, but it is apparently not widely known about in EA support. The important points are these:

    Roll back works, even if the glitch re-occurs

    Waiting to get rolled back is resisting the inevitable. Resistance is futile, ask the Borg. All you do is waste time as you will loose everything you do in the interim

    Many of us have had a rollback with no return of the glitch.

    You will have to press hard to get the rollback unless you get a support rep who is aware of what is going on. If that happens try again until you get the right person.

    A rollback did not work me. They tried several times.

    The only way that should happen is if there has been so much time pass that they no longer have a clean backup. That is part of the urgency in starting the process ASAP. I am not privy to how many/how long EA keeps backups, but I am sure there will be a finite limit. I hope for you they actually resolve the issue so you can continue. Best of luck.

    I had a rollback the day when it happened and I even went back several days to be safe and nothing changed and when I asked about it they just "moved up to the studio" and nothing ever got solved.
  • Willy9292
    1666 posts Member
    @mlavanway I am sorry to hear that. You are the first that I am aware of that the roll back did not resolve, even if temporarily.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.