EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• Willy9292 wrote: »
    @mlavanway I am sorry to hear that. You are the first that I am aware of that the roll back did not resolve, even if temporarily.

Yeah I haven't heard anyone else having that issue. I feel like I am SOL right now for this game.
  • 0Brooders0
    2193 posts Member
    Is it only affecting iOS devices? :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »

No, I am on Android.
  • 0Brooders0
    2193 posts Member
    mlavanway wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

No, I am on Android.

No one is safe!!! :#
    Why the heck hasn't EA sorted this out? Should be top priority!
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    mlavanway wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

No, I am on Android.

No one is safe!!! :#
    Why the heck hasn't EA sorted this out? Should be top priority!

I agree! I have had this going on since the Christmas update! I have tried so many rollbacks and nothing has fixed it and they refuse to do anymore rollbacks at this point for me since it is not working. They basically say just sit tight.
  • simpsonare
    2305 posts Member
    Please report how well the rollback worked. From other responses it seems the glitch returns in a couple of days. I am also a victim

I had this happen to me very early on in my game. It was when I got blue haired lawyer in the mystery box. They did a rollback for me and it did not return. I had to pull teeth to get blue haired lawyer back though.
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    I have been going back over old threads to see when this bug originated. Although the ‘Recent Issues’ thread was started on June 25th 2017, there are earlier threads about the same problems.
    May 8th 2017:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/97861/bug-quest-progress-screwed-up-reset#latest
    March 9th 2017:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/94270/did-anyone-else-have-these-bugs#latest
    Although it didn’t affect many at the start, it has been around for over a year............
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • I just had the glitch happen. Was ok at 5pm est then at 8pm est it started to bring up all the old events. Now the task icon does not work, collecting circle is tiny and no more rail yard tasks for this week. Called EA and got a phone call back in less than 10 minutes, person said they are working on it, gave a few troubleshooting tips but did not work.

Looking at all the other post and some say rollback others say dont, torn as to what I should do. EA rep did say "other than it being harder to play now, it will not hurt to keep playing till we fix it", leaning towards that.

Anybody have any thoughts?

UPDATE - Asked for a rollback and it worked. So far 10 hours latter all is stil ok. Only ended up about 1/2 a day behind on the event.
  • @EA_Mage @johncolombo Would you mind contacting the Studio Team and give the forum an update on the current situation as regards to fixing this glitch please? Players are being given different responses from Customer Service Reps (such as ‘post your problem on the forum’ ‘we aren’t doing rollbacks any more’ ‘you can have a template town if you want’ or ‘a fix will be available soon’. Also some tickets are just closed without any response whatsoever) but others are given a rollback straight away. Many are angry or frustrated at the way EA are handling this problem.
    I would like to thank all players who have posted their experience of this glitch on the forum, and the measured language that has been used. A big thank you to @hobbesisreal for trying to help others with this issue too.

Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    I have been going back over old threads to see when this bug originated. Although the ‘Recent Issues’ thread was started on June 25th 2017, there are earlier threads about the same problems.
    May 8th 2017:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/97861/bug-quest-progress-screwed-up-reset#latest
    March 9th 2017:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/94270/did-anyone-else-have-these-bugs#latest
    Although it didn’t affect many at the start, it has been around for over a year............

so since Valentine's 2017
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • I had the same problem 2 weeks ago! Opened a ticket the same day but never got a response so I'm playing with all the limitations since the start of the event. If I ask for a rollback now I'll lose all the event stuff, items purchased and dotuts earned in two weeks??? :(
    This is so frustrating...
    ★ Visit my town! BowieBlackstar
  • simpsonare
    2305 posts Member
    Being $1k deep in the game I would be highly upset if this were to happen to me. I even tread carefully with my gmail account because its associated with google play. If I ever lost my town to a bug, glitch, or any other form of loss... I would be very upset. I wouldn't cry but I'd be sad for sure. And if I had the service some people are speaking of, I would never get a EA product again seeing how they'd treat people. Whenever something shiny is flashed I would only think of their disservice. Hope you all get everything back to how it should!
  • I didn't want to be "stuck" in this abbreviated world when the game shifts to the 2nd act of the story-line so I went ahead and contacted EA and they rolled back my game to a few days ago and it works fine now. I gave them 72 hours to fix it but couldn't take it anymore.

Of course, I'll get a chill every time it asks me to update but...at least it's good before the 2nd act of the story-line.
  • To my neighbours who read this...i decide to stop playing because is the second time since januari in have the same problems and issues to play the game...i have no more motivation to do all the steps to resolve the problems in my game...i do not think there is a sollution ...tempory sollutions!!l when i read the forum, the problems returns!! Is this a way to eliminate players, are there to much players??!!

• To my neighbours who read this...i decide to stop playing because is the second time since januari in have the same problems and issues to play the game...i have no more motivation to do all the steps to resolve the problems in my game...i do not think there is a sollution ...tempory sollutions!!l when i read the forum, the problems returns!! Is this a way to eliminate players, are there to much players??!!
    Hello (ex)neighbor!
    I'm not sure if you're right but it makes sense as a method for EA to trim servers of Freemium deadbeats. Thing is, my wife buys enough with real cash to make up for several players and she's good. I've bought a little - less than $100 but more than $20 so would appear I'm a freemium deadbeat to them.

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    nitegh0st wrote: »
    To my neighbours who read this...i decide to stop playing because is the second time since januari in have the same problems and issues to play the game...i have no more motivation to do all the steps to resolve the problems in my game...i do not think there is a sollution ...tempory sollutions!!l when i read the forum, the problems returns!! Is this a way to eliminate players, are there to much players??!!
    Hello (ex)neighbor!
    I'm not sure if you're right but it makes sense as a method for EA to trim servers of Freemium deadbeats. Thing is, my wife buys enough with real cash to make up for several players and she's good. I've bought a little - less than $100 but more than $20 so would appear I'm a freemium deadbeat to them.

Nonsense.

• nitegh0st wrote: »
    To my neighbours who read this...i decide to stop playing because is the second time since januari in have the same problems and issues to play the game...i have no more motivation to do all the steps to resolve the problems in my game...i do not think there is a sollution ...tempory sollutions!!l when i read the forum, the problems returns!! Is this a way to eliminate players, are there to much players??!!
    Hello (ex)neighbor!

Nonsense.

Agreed. I would bet that the majority of people hit by this glitch have spent money on the game. Quite a few here have mentioned that they have. But as with anything, in absence of information from the powers that be (EA) people will make their own truth, thats why conspiracy theories thrive
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
    Hello (ex)neighbor!

Nonsense.
    Negative voice noted, but your one word reply is not an argument supporting your opinion. Kinda lazy and troll-ish after moreeviv209 and I offered, valid, good-faith points. I've already spent my allotted wasted time addressing one stark non-point. #troll
    Hello (ex)neighbor!

Nonsense.
    Negative voice noted, but your one word reply is not an argument supporting your opinion. Kinda lazy and troll-ish after moreeviv209 and I offered, valid, good-faith points. I've already spent my allotted wasted time addressing one stark non-point. #troll

EA conspiring to eliminate freemium players is a valid point? Wow. Even though dozens, if not hundreds of players have posted on here, on this very page that they have spent money and still been affected by this glitch, you still think EA is out to get freemium players only? And out to get you, even though you admit to spending money?

Trust me, I'm far from an apologist for EA. In fact, I've been one of their more vocal critics in reguards to this glitch and how they are handling it. But this sounds ridiculous even to me.

Just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt make them a troll.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • mirko_283
    142 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Hello (ex)neighbor!

If EA made a free game, they knew that many players would be freemium. There is no reason for EA to eliminate them now. If they really lose a lot of money with this game, they should close it rather than "create bugs to eliminate freemium players" or whatever...