EA Forums - Banner

Land Expansions?

Prev13
I apologize if this has already been asked and answered but can I only expand by earning them? No more cash to buy expansions?

Thanks.

Replies

• That would be the best speculation.
  • does anyone know how I get to know how many free land tokens I have got saved up? I have yet to use a single land token since day 1 it existed and thinking of buying a stripe of land using it, but then I do not want to have an odd square out - meaning that I rather not buy until I have say 26 so I can get one complete stripe at one go.
  • lawpatrick wrote: »
    does anyone know how I get to know how many free land tokens I have got saved up? I have yet to use a single land token since day 1 it existed and thinking of buying a stripe of land using it, but then I do not want to have an odd square out - meaning that I rather not buy until I have say 26 so I can get one complete stripe at one go.

tap to buy a land tile, and a confirmation box will pop up, giving you the option to either purchase or cancel out. this box will also show you how many tokens you have.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Land vs currency:
    9oZHCMz.png
    Land Token qty:
    RrxWzJS.png
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Oh so you don't have to use up the free land token right away by collecting them for now? Cool. I'll try that next time. I'm making good progress in the land expansion so far....still got quite away to go.
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • Land vs currency:
    9oZHCMz.png
    Land Token qty:
    RrxWzJS.png

This is beautiful, this means that springfield will start to grow horizontally, I'm about to cry
  • I still haven't got all land yet and I'm using land tokens on the land that cost over 2mil at the moment.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    I still haven't got all land yet and I'm using land tokens on the land that cost over 2mil at the moment.

That's what I did and before I knew it there was no more land available for IGC. If you can, save those land tokens. I wish I had.
  • mystery2mi wrote: »
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    I still haven't got all land yet and I'm using land tokens on the land that cost over 2mil at the moment.

That's what I did and before I knew it there was no more land available for IGC. If you can, save those land tokens. I wish I had.

I agree here with @mystery2mi. I personally would not use a land token on any land plot that could be acquired with igc. Period.

I agree here with @mystery2mi. I personally would not use a land token on any land plot that could be acquired with igc. Period.

I'd rather keep igc for donuts farming plus for me I don't really need any land at the moment even if it does need land tokens.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
    mystery2mi wrote: »

I'd rather keep igc for donuts farming plus for me I don't really need any land at the moment even if it does need land tokens.

That's cool. There's always the nuclear option, anyway. >:);)

Same here. I didnt use many for "cash land' but if I had known what was to come, I wouldn't have used ANY on "cash land". You can always get more cash, the same cant be said for these tokens
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

That's cool. There's always the nuclear option, anyway. >:);)

I will never press that button and if I did I'd probably just quit the game as it would just take forever to rebuild. :D

Definitely not telling you how to play your own game, but here’s why I disagree. If you play the game long enough (and build up your multiplier to a sufficiently high value) the acquisition of igc becomes trivially easy. In other words you reach a point where you no longer have to make the hard choice between using igc for farming versus land acquisition. On the other hand it certainly looks as though land tokens are going to continue to be a very limited resource. And once you reach the point where land plots can only be purchased with tokens, your ability to expand will slow to a crawl. If I had it to do over again, knowing what I know now, I would have hoarded my tokens (even if that meant “voluntarily” curtailing land expansion for a time and perhaps storing some acquired content) and then subsequently used them for the token-only plots (thus avoiding or minimizing the “involuntary” curtailment of land expansion that now plagues many users).

• Land vs currency:
    9oZHCMz.png
    Land Token qty:
    RrxWzJS.png

Many thanks @ldavidgr68 and @tapebelt
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Looking at all the unreleased land on the right hand side of that graphic, if they continue to only allow us to open new squares with land tokens, we're going to need 180 tokens just for those six rows alone.

At the present rate of acquiring land tokens, that's going to take years.
  • ZJD4bEL.png
    I used every crayon in the box :cry:
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • they need to make something like the rail yard but for land tokens
  • Give us land for in game cash again as it was so much easier.
  • ZJD4bEL.png
    I used every crayon in the box :cry:

Beautiful! :*
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)