EA Forums - Banner

Act II Crafting is locked

2Next

Replies

• Muhsterino wrote: »
    No I have definitely completed all tasks for act 1. It let me purchase the Cathedral then an old Gil deal popped up on my screen for Duff Gardens then when I opened the crafting again to buy a police box it had locked me out.
    I am having the same problem. I actually crafted the first 2 items of act 2 (the red and blue phone booths) then, I purchased Duff Gardens and wham... Act 2 is locked. I can't craft anymore England items. Any ideas?
    This is quite troubling, as the Gil Deal for Duff Gardens can be one of the current glitch problems that players are having. This is from the ‘recent issues’ thread, posted on April 2nd:
    Just happened again, it's the valentine 2016 event and then Gill with the Duff Gardens offer.

You might be on to something. But will EA do anything about it?
  • Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue/glitch, where I cannot craft the act 2 items anymore (yes, I was able to craft them first). I also received messages from old events and the burning tires gives me some special currency. When i go to other Springfileds, I receive "Friend Points", even though I got all the stuff. The tapping radius on my Springfield is also only as half the size I had before the issue. Also, the character button on top left is not working anymore. It is kinda annoying to play like that, but EA will probably fix this issue as soon as possible (hopefully) :smile:
  • Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue/glitch, where I cannot craft the act 2 items anymore (yes, I was able to craft them first). I also received messages from old events and the burning tires gives me some special currency. When i go to other Springfileds, I receive "Friend Points", even though I got all the stuff. The tapping radius on my Springfield is also only as half the size I had before the issue. Also, the character button on top left is not working anymore. It is kinda annoying to play like that, but EA will probably fix this issue as soon as possible (hopefully) :smile:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/218908/act-2-is-broken-related-to-irs-character-selection-bug#latest
  • hatchet669
    798 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue/glitch, where I cannot craft the act 2 items anymore (yes, I was able to craft them first). I also received messages from old events and the burning tires gives me some special currency. When i go to other Springfileds, I receive "Friend Points", even though I got all the stuff. The tapping radius on my Springfield is also only as half the size I had before the issue. Also, the character button on top left is not working anymore. It is kinda annoying to play like that, but EA will probably fix this issue as soon as possible (hopefully) :smile:

Don't hold your breath. Call them and ask for a roll back. This issue is over a year old. More and more people are being affected by it, and EA seems to not acknowledge it. I know a few people have asked the moderators to ask about the glitch but we haven't heard anything from anyone about anything. I'm curious if the developers are even aware of this issue or if it just dead ended at customer service.
  • I have the same problem with Act II crafting being locked (only noticed it yesterday, when the act started it was unlocked), which means I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the questline.
    On a positive note, when Act II started (and crafting for Act II was unlocked), I was able to craft 2 land tokens (the one for Act I and the one for Act II, don't know if that was a glitch or not). And yesterday when I noticed that Act II was locked, I was able to craft another one (the one for Act I). So, it could be worst!
  • I will say this, and I know that none of you care (nor does EA, although I have given them some money this past year), if Act 3 starts and I can't craft anything because of this continued, **** I'm done. I'll install the Family Guy game
  • I will say this, and I know that none of you care (nor does EA, although I have given them some money this past year), if Act 3 starts and I can't craft anything because of this continued, ****. I'm done. I'll install the Family Guy game

My thoughts as well!! If Act 3 crafting doesn't work I'm outta here.
  • I will say this, and I know that none of you care (nor does EA, although I have given them some money this past year), if Act 3 starts and I can't craft anything because of this continued, ****. I'm done. I'll install the Family Guy game

:( sometimes the event takedown does fix the issues, if you quit act 3 than try the next event. hopefully this will be fixed by the takedown

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish

:( sometimes the event takedown does fix the issues, if you quit act 3 than try the next event. hopefully this will be fixed by the takedown

What annoys me even more is because I can't complete the Act 2 quests and already have the carriage I can't get bonuts for completing early grrrr
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I will say this, and I know that none of you care (nor does EA, although I have given them some money this past year), if Act 3 starts and I can't craft anything because of this continued, ****. I'm done. I'll install the Family Guy game

What annoys me even more is because I can't complete the Act 2 quests and already have the carriage I can't get bonuts for completing early grrrr
    i get you, get in line with the rest. we (forum community) do feel for you all having issues

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I've been dealing with the rollback glitch since mid March. Last night I had another replay of the glitch start--up (for me it is an invitation to catch up on daily tasks, the Gill deal, pie man, etc.) This time the result was crafting for act 2 is locked up. I already placed the carriage, and am still able to accumulate bonuts (I think). I've had EA do 2 "successful" rollbacks, only to have the glitch reappear within days or hours. I'm not interested in more rollbacks or losing progress. I hope EA is taking this seriously. 5+ year player, not sure how much longer I will bother.
  • I've been dealing with the rollback glitch since mid March. Last night I had another replay of the glitch start--up (for me it is an invitation to catch up on daily tasks, the Gill deal, pie man, etc.) This time the result was crafting for act 2 is locked up. I already placed the carriage, and am still able to accumulate bonuts (I think). I've had EA do 2 "successful" rollbacks, only to have the glitch reappear within days or hours. I'm not interested in more rollbacks or losing progress. I hope EA is taking this seriously. 5+ year player, not sure how much longer I will bother.

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your troubles

This bug has been around for over a year, if that tells you how seriously EA is taking this
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.