EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• I'm glad you got your game back so quickly @168sean168 :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I'm glad you got your game back so quickly @168sean168 :)

Yeah thanks @0Brooders0
  • Good Afternoon...
    So I've been playing for years & Ta-Da, this hit me. Haven't missed any event or an earned giveaway since I started & the GLITCH just hit. Ugh. Without reading through the 500 posts, can someone 'please' let me know the path of who to contact? Not too hopeful reading some of the posts, perhaps 50/50.
    Sincerely,
    Anth.
  • The addicts team are putting the pressure on EA to sort this out. Post on their site today and the live show Saturday will cover it also.

I truly hope thEAy are listening! :#
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    live show, Saturday? info please
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    I am just being hit with this, playing on an recently updated OS to Android Oreo, Samsung S8 plus

Hi I want to update that I just managed to get my game roll back one day and is working again. In my first email to them, they didnt get that I am not from US and asked me to raise as an chat online or phone channel. So I created a new case to tell them clearly but still nicely, that I am not based in US. I provided all information in that email, including date and time of fault happened, game ID, mayhem ID, email.

The reply came. The EA advisor, who is a gamer himself, said that this fault was typically due to corruption when saving and exiting the game. He asked me to log out of my game and I replied to him I will stay away for 12 hrs. But almost within 5 mins, he replied he has done it and also gave me 50 donuts for the trouble.

I am not sure how much donuts I lost during the rollback but based on before and after the rollback, there is no change in the amount of donuts I had.

Anyway, thank you EA for the help rendered. And also I guess we need to watch out how we exit the game properly at all times and preferably do not hard close the game.

I want to share something weird, after your town is rolled back, check your donut count. Say you have 6899 donuts. When you continue to harvest donuts now, and then exit and then re-enter the game, you will notice that the donut counter stays at 6899. I tried a few times and got the same observation.

I am not sure how I broke this spell But this is what I did. I bought a premium item, and say brought my donut count down to 6849. Then I exited, and re enter and noted that donut is at 6849. At this point, I harvested some donut, and brought count to say 6880. I exited and returned and confirmed that it is at 6880. Now I continued to harvest to bring it above 6899 to say 6950. I exited and then re-entered. I noted the cap is removed and game is normal again.

I think the key to reset the stalled donut count is to buy a premium item. Just sharing.
  • I have found that after a roll back from the glitch hit I may have 3-5 logins where it does not save donuts I farmed.....but in a day or so I am back to farming (and keeping my farmed donuts) as usual.
  • live show, Saturday? info please

Iirc, they usually stream live at 12 pm ET. The link can be found on the TSTO Addicts site. There are also links to older, archived episodes.
  • johncolombo
    11503 posts Senior Moderator
    live show, Saturday? info please

Iirc, they usually stream live at 12 pm ET. The link can be found on the TSTO Addicts site. There are also links to older, archived episodes.

is LPN on it?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • MrDooody wrote: »
    Good Afternoon...
    So I've been playing for years & Ta-Da, this hit me. Haven't missed any event or an earned giveaway since I started & the GLITCH just hit. Ugh. Without reading through the 500 posts, can someone 'please' let me know the path of who to contact? Not too hopeful reading some of the posts, perhaps 50/50.
    Sincerely,
    Anth.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/80732/how-to-contact-ea-directly/
    If possible, live chat or call. Depending on where you live, you may get different options. E-mail can be quite slow.
    Here is a post I posted on HOW TO GET YOUR GAME FIXED when hit with this glitch:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/comment/1889528/#Comment_1889528
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS

is LPN on it?

Not that I know of but he would make an excellent guest appearance!

https://tstoaddicts.com

Addicts Live on Saturday April 14th at 12pm ET to participate in the conversation about the Rollback Glitch.
  • Hi all, EA is aware and doing the best they can. All we can do it hang tight for the moment. I know that's not what you want to hear but they know. Sorry to hear about your game @168sean168. I have to run, but I'll be around later today and this evening if you all need me. In my opinion this is a very complicated matter.

Its nice to finally have some kind of statement that they are aware of it and are indeed working on it. It was just a year of conflicting info from reps and no statement or info was getting old. Thank you for looking into this.
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    Hi all, EA is aware and doing the best they can. All we can do it hang tight for the moment. I know that's not what you want to hear but they know. Sorry to hear about your game @168sean168. I have to run, but I'll be around later today and this evening if you all need me. In my opinion this is a very complicated matter.

Its nice to finally have some kind of statement that they are aware of it and are indeed working on it. It was just a year of conflicting info from reps and no statement or info was getting old. Thank you for looking into this.

I’m definitely not dissing John or any of the other mods for the valuable services they provide, and I appreciate his message, but is there anything really new here? I don’t think so. We already knew that EA was aware of this problem; we have, in fact, known that for quite some time. Similarly, we have been repeatedly told by different EA reps that the developers are “working on the problem”. I’m not going to break out champagne just yet.
  • ^^ agree!
  • Yea some reps have been telling people they are aware and working on it and some have had no idea what is going on. I trust anyone in customer service as much as i trust any politician. They will say what ever it takes to get you to leave them alone.
  • Also keep in mind they didnt exactly release a statement with the intent on informing us. WE solicited that statement and @johncolombo was good enough to do the legwork to get it. If not for us asking and John chasing it down, we would still be getting the silent treatment from good old EA
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Just got hit again! First hit on 12 Apr. I have made sure I exited my game properly but still got it. I am going to sleep..
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Just got hit again! First hit on 12 Apr. I have made sure I exited my game properly but still got it. I am going to sleep..

I think when users and/or EA reps talk about the glitch being caused by corrupt data caches, improper exits, blah, blah, blah, they’re just guessing. Which is fine as long as they’re clear that such pronouncements are speculative rather than gospel.

• Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Just got hit again! First hit on 12 Apr. I have made sure I exited my game properly but still got it. I am going to sleep..
    Sorry to hear you have the glitch again. It does seem as though if you have been hit by the glitch once, there is a higher chance of being hit with it again. I agree with @KrustyBrand, with all the BART screens, game crashes in players own towns, crashes when going to friends, crashes when entering friends towns and all the redownloading issues, players would have mentioned this when they got the glitch. I can’t recall anyone stating they got the glitch directly after a crash etc.
    This was posted in the ‘recent issues’ thread on April 11th 2018:
    Well......as of 20 minutes ago.....I have now been hit with this glitch 11 times over the last 10 months.......another EA phone call....another roll back......
    :(:(:(:(:(
    EDIT: This thread mentions disconnection, followed by the glitch:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/97861/bug-quest-progress-screwed-up-reset#latest
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS