EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• Update: I was told to try the toubleshooting again. With little faith, I did, it didn't help. Wrote back, and got two options: further attempts to fix me or a templated land with all my stuff and current progress transported.
    I chose the latter.

I want this to end now.

Not sure what they mean by templated land. If it fixes the corrupted variable that should work, at least until they break, but I don't wish that on anyone.

A templated land is a new Springfield that they create to replace your old (broken) one. Supposedly with all your stuff, but I never had it done to me before.

I figured something like that. It does sound like it will be crafted so all the variables will be reset and reinitialized. So that should give you a fully restored game. Fingers crossed that the glitch does not return by something corrupting the variables again
  • hobbesisreal
    578 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Be warned if offered a template town......they load it with loads of stuff (supposedly) that THEY chose as they do NOT load it with your items you have now. So if you are a multi year player you will not get the same stuff back that you currently have. It took a lot of REwording my same questions to EA reps offering this to get them to admit this.

Once they replace your town with a template town you can never go back....your old town will be dust in the digital wind.

You also would have to rebuild everything as all items will be in inventory....so screenshot your entire current town first.

I am also not sure about land. If you have most or all land now, how much land does the template town have ?

I am not sure if they even load any event items or just straight general store items, if only store item you will lose all earned and crafted event items you have collected.

........and there is no promise you will not be hit with glitch again at some point with the template town.

So here is my advice, and this is only my personal opinion (and I have been hit w glitch 12 times now)

NEWER PLAYERS....if you are a NEWER player, this could actually be a good deal as you might get stuff you missed from past events.....or at the least several more items in the store now you don't have. So this might be a worthy and tempting gamble.

VETERAN PLAYERS.......once I got them them to admit to the fine print details above I laughed at this excuse of a resolution. I would rather call for a rollback every month than lose 4 years of hard work and items I collected during all those years.

.......but ultimately is is up to each to decide when offered a template town, best advice from Indiana Jones The Last Crusade......."Choose Wisely"
    Post edited by hobbesisreal on
  • Be warned if offered a template town......they load it with loads of stuff (supposedly) that THEY chose as they do NOT load it with your items you have now. So if you are a multi year player you will not get the same stuff back that you currently have. It took a lot of REwording my questions to EA reps offering this to get them to admit this.

Once they replace your town with a template town you can never go back....your old town will be dust in the digital wind.

You also would have to rebuild everything as all items will be in inventory....so screenshot your entire current town first.

I am also not sure about land. If you have most or all land now, how much land does the template town have ?

I am not sure if they even load any event items or just straight general store items, if only store item you will lose all earned and crafted event items you have collected.

........and there is now promise you will not be hit with glitch again at some point with the template town.

So here is my advice, and this is only my personal opinion (and I have been hit w glitch 12 times now)

NEWER PLAYERS....if you are a NEWER player, this could actually be a good deal for as you might vet stuff you missed from past events.....or at the least several more items in the store now you don't have. So this might be a worthy and tempting gamble.

VETERAN PLAYERS.......once I got them them to admit to the fine print details above I laughed at this excuse of a resolution. I would rather call for a rollback every month than lose 4 years of hard work and items I collected during all those years.

.......but ultimately is is up to each to decide when offered a template town, best advice from Indiana Jones The Last Crusade......."Choose Wisely"

Ty for the update. I remember years ago this template option was offered to me during 1 summer that I could only get into my game for a few minutes a day before the BART screen appeared and would cause me to have to rinse and repeat the force stop clear cache uninstall/reinstall. It didn't sound promising then and it definitely doesn't sound like a 'good deal/option for long term players.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Oh, good then! So basically I am f****d anyway. You can't possibly handle a big town with the glitch, and with a template town, you also lose everything. Fine then, okay, I might as well forget my password.

• Oh, good then! So basically I am f****d anyway. You can't possibly handle a big town with the glitch, and with a template town, you also lose everything. Fine then, okay, I might as well forget my password.

SEE EA!!! THIS IS NOT ON. :#
    I'm absolutely disgusted by your treatment of customers.

@czipotteszti I'm so sorry you are going through this.
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • @czipotteszti ....force them to do a roll back for you now. You can play the game again.

You will get hit again, but I have had as much as 2 months between hits (and as little as 1 hour).
  • @hobbesisreal thanks for the info. Once again you are a wealth of unfortunate knowledge. I didnt know much at all about what a template town meant, now I at least have some understanding.

@czipotteszti I know youre really going through it right now. Believe it or not, Ive been there. I lost my original town I started on the day the game first came out in. January of 2014. 2 years of work gone in the blink of an eye. Long story. But as with you, EA customer service was completely unhelpful, rude, and at times downright mean to me. When I hung up with them I swore I was done with this game forever I ended up taking a break for a little over a year, but in the end it sucked me back in ;) I guess what I'm saying us keep your head up. It has been reported they are working on it (which I can believe) and a fix may be not too far off (which Ive heard a time or ten before) Bottom line is you have to do whats best for you, but I think about 5 minutes after I deleted the game I would miss it.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Update: I was told to try the toubleshooting again. With little faith, I did, it didn't help. Wrote back, and got two options: further attempts to fix me or a templated land with all my stuff and current progress transported.
    I chose the latter.

I want this to end now.

Not sure what they mean by templated land. If it fixes the corrupted variable that should work, at least until they break, but I don't wish that on anyone.

A templated land is a new Springfield that they create to replace your old (broken) one. Supposedly with all your stuff, but I never had it done to me before.

Thats how I understand it also. Basicly a copy of your town, although I am not 100% sure. If anyone has ever had one could you please fill us in. It has been offered to a few people during this crisis but as far as I know, no one has gone for it yet.
    i had my main “cloned” as they called it, town was exactly the same minus the donuts i had saved :D
    the cloned town was for a different issue than related to the issues disscussed lately
    the clone town still had the same issue that the clone was suppoed to fix, i had 2 exactly the same towns wiith the same issue :|

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • No, I'm not forcing anything anymore. This whole situation sucks, but I'm done. What happens, happens, we'll see. We'll also see how far I can run before glitching out again. I give up. This can't eat up my life this much. I spent 7 days emailing them every 30 minutes, editing apps, logging in and out. This is over. Whatever they do I'm going with that. If it's unplayable, I won't play. I will be very sad because obviously the game is a nice pass time thing and I also spent IRL money on it, which I regret very much in this moment.
  • I'm so angry at EA after reading that...

Sending you hugs. :'(
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Be warned if offered a template town......they load it with loads of stuff (supposedly) that THEY chose as they do NOT load it with your items you have now. So if you are a multi year player you will not get the same stuff back that you currently have. It took a lot of REwording my same questions to EA reps offering this to get them to admit this.

........and there is no promise you will not be hit with glitch again at some point with the template town.

NEWER PLAYERS....if you are a NEWER player, this could actually be a good deal as you might vet stuff you missed from past events.....or at the least several more items in the store now you don't have. So this might be a worthy and tempting gamble.

@hobbesisreal thanks for the info. Once again you are a wealth of unfortunate knowledge. I didnt know much at all about what a template town meant, now I at least have some understanding.

@czipotteszti I l
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I'm so angry at EA after reading that...

Sending you hugs. :'(

Me too. They deserve a flaming bag of dog poo on their front steps! Also, how many others like him are out there that we dont hear from?

@cziaspotteszti I definitely feel your pain. Sorry that it has come to this, but you got to do whats best for you. And your sanity, and EA definitely can test you. Thanks for the info, hopefully, somehow we can help someone else out because of it. If you want to pm me an email address, I would be happy to let you know when/if this ever gets fixed. Good luck to you!
  • @daved7637397 @0Brooders0 thanks for the kind words. @hobbesisreal Thanks for the tips and support.

I'm definitely having a very bad day because of this. They wrote they would be able to save my town with everything I have now, so reading how the template town is also rubbish really kills me. But there's hopin'! I still can be the first guinea pig that wins the lottery, who knows.
    If I decide to end TSTO I will send you my email @daved7637397 :)

"Also, how many others like him are out there that we dont hear from?" - Okay, I wanna clear that: I am female :) My name is Eszter (Esther) that has the nickname Eszti, which is at the end of my username.

There must be a lot of players who don't speak English and are on smaller forums. TSTO is available in at least 12 languages. I read the French forum too, and there is a thread about the glitch. They are also complaining about spending money on the game and not even getting a response from EA (and they write how they tried in English too with the help of friends who could translate for them).

The whole thing is sad.

• The whole thing is sad.

Agreed. This glitch hit me for the first time near the start of Act I. Heck, I even sent Donut Homer on his 24-hour job just to see if that would help (it didn't).

I'm finished with Act II already, and no way am I going to request a roll back. I'm simply going to wait for a fix to happen, if it ever will.

If it doesn't, then I'll play a gimped version of Tapped Out going forward.

• hobbesisreal
    578 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Lobes06 wrote: »
    I'm finished with Act II already, and no way am I going to request a roll back. I'm simply going to wait for a fix to happen, if it ever will.

If it doesn't, then I'll play a gimped version of Tapped Out going forward

Playing with a broken game is certainly an option. In fact I went that route for 4 months when they first refused a roll back for a month and then when they agreed to a roll back they refuse to restore items they encouraged me to continue to purchased (during the time they refused the roll back). Then against all odds ONE person at EA actually fixed my game for real (not the root cause but made it playable again without loosing progress).

I was hit with it again a month later but now I could force them to do a roll back and only loose a day.

Sooooo.....long story short, I have plenty of months of experience playing with a broken game so here is a post I posted on how to play with your broken game that will hopefully help you.................

• @czipotteszti my apologies, Im not sure why I a$umed you were a male but I am vey sorry for my (incorrect) assumption. You know what happens when you assume, and boy did I just prove that saying!

I understand you're having a bad day, I just hope I didnt make it worse
  • @daved7637397 noooo, it's not a big deal at all, don't worry. I understand that a Hungarian name doesn't say much to people here. It also doesn't make the matter at hand any different. :)
  • I just had the glitch happen. Was ok at 5pm est then at 8pm est it started to bring up all the old events. Now the task icon does not work, collecting circle is tiny and no more rail yard tasks for this week. Called EA and got a phone call back in less than 10 minutes, person said they are working on it, gave a few troubleshooting tips but did not work.

Looking at all the other post and some say rollback others say dont, torn as to what I should do. EA rep did say "other than it being harder to play now, it will not hurt to keep playing till we fix it", leaning towards that.

Anybody have any thoughts?

UPDATE - Asked for a rollback and it worked. So far 10 hours latter all is stil ok. Only ended up about 1/2 a day behind on the event.

UPDATE PART 2 - After about 3 weeks of the roll back working fine, this am I have the glitch back again. Emailed EA support but since it's a weekend I have a 72 hour wait for a response. Hopefully theyyl get back to me sooner. Only bright side is that I know it worked fine when I went to sleep, so If i can have it rolled back 8 hours i would not lose any progress. Cross your fingers.

So I heard from EA and they said

"we have just been informed that we can not roll back the account from now as the technical team is very soon releasing a patch for this particular issue by which all the progress and the in game bugs would go off and you would find the same account that you deserve automatically. Therefore I would request you to please wait and be patient as this would happen very soon."

So basically deal with it till (we don't know when) the patch will be released.
  • I'm not affected, but after reading all that's happening?
    To quote myself.
    tPcCUly.gif
    The issue needs to be fixed. Seriously.

If you quit (I hope not), I would suggest you keep your info just in case they ever do fix it.

Seriously EA, fix It. NOW.
    7524jhl.gif

I consider myself a reasonable individual, but EA is testing my nerves, I make a reasonable request, fix this glitch or else.

QQ2cnCI.gif
  • hobbesisreal
    578 posts Member
    edited April 2018

So I heard from EA and they said

"we have just been informed that we can not roll back the account from now as the technical team is very soon releasing a patch for this particular issue by which all the progress and the in game bugs would go off and you would find the same account that you deserve automatically. Therefore I would request you to please wait and be patient as this would happen very soon."

So basically deal with it till (we don't know when) the patch will be released.
    sticker,220x200-bg,ffffff-pad,220x200,ffffff.u3.jpg
    Do NOT accept their boiler plate copy and pasted canned answers......Even if it true, EA can only cry wolf so many times years. They have said that that EXACT same line since Nov 2016 and to me personally since June of 2017.

Be polite, but FIRM.....You tell them you demand they conduct a roll back now. If they fix it globally in the future GREAT, but you are not going to be forced to play with their mistake.

• I got hit with this glitch for the second time today. When I called the person didn't want to give me a rollback for some reason, even though when I got hit the first time they said ok right away, but I kept insisting and she finally agreed. Supposedly it was done immediately but she suggested i don't sign back in for an hour to let the changes take effect. I could've logged back in by now but I don't want to get irritated again. This needs to get fixed soon because it's obviously not going to stop.