EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Actually, TSOaddicts may be a true sample population. Add a +5 or -5 range and I would feel comfortable.

Addicts do have a huge following regardless of how many of us post comments they had the milestone of 1 million hits at the beginning of the year. So yeah. I think 25-30% affected with the glitch now is definately possible.
    thats true but no poll is accurate... i was never asked to participate in a poll other than on the forum :s guess i don’t matter in the real world :D

I pm'ed a mod and asked about doing a poll

Also, you're saying the polls the government does arent accurate? Perish the thought!
    :D just ask Trump ;) good luck with the request, would be great to see the results

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • At this point I don't know if want a rollback... I've been hit by the glitch the day before the current event started so I will loose all the new item/characters bought/earned in the while. Anyway, I'm a daily player since nearly the beginning and I'm almost resigned to continuing the game this way. I hate losing donuts from the dump tasks and at the moment I have to harvest more donuts with KEMS spending a lot more of igc to obtain similar amount of daily donuts... I could accept some minor bugs and even loose the monorail tasks but at least the characters button problem should be fixed. That's the worst part, so so annoying :(
    ★ Visit my town! BowieBlackstar
  • This is beyond a joke now, definitely not very good customer service & like you guys all say EA just don't seem to care. Does anyone who's technically minded know why the game would bug like this, seems really odd to spark off old content when you buy a premium item. I'm wondering if it's because the game is so big now when you download it they can't support all the content?? I'm not very good with all of this sort of stuff.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    This is beyond a joke now, definitely not very good customer service & like you guys all say EA just don't seem to care. Does anyone who's technically minded know why the game would bug like this, seems really odd to spark off old content when you buy a premium item. I'm wondering if it's because the game is so big now when you download it they can't support all the content?? I'm not very good with all of this sort of stuff.
    I posted in bugs section a Tech Summary of Past Event Glitch
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/220244/tech-summary-of-past-event-glitch#latest

Laymen nutshell some program is replacing your game variable with invalid values. When updated to the database, the invalid values are converted to an empty string which has a numeric value of zero. The game reacts to these new values as if real, so you get gil old offer, Irs radius is set down, other mini quest are set to the lowest value.
    Of course EA does not confirm any of this, but they have not denied either.
    Post edited by datasurgeon on
  • Laymen nutshell some program is replacing your game variable with invalid values. When updated to the database, the invalid values are converted to an empty string which has a numeric value of zero. The game reacts to these new values as if real, so you get gil old offer, Irs radius is set down, other mini quest are set to the lowest value.
    Actually....I have had several EA reps who have individually confirmed this...and one of them actually even fixed my variables as proof.

But EA as a Corp is 100% silent on this beyond political plausible deniability response of "We are investigating issue."

• fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    actually... @hobbesisreal the reps can confirm all they want-still haven’t fixed your game have they?
    thank you for all your help and info, you are of great help. thank you
    investigating the issue should no longer be acceptable
    tell us if the game is unfixable EA, we as customers deserve the truth and is the law
    Post edited by fastshadow2 on
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    Laymen nutshell some program is replacing your game variable with invalid values. When updated to the database, the invalid values are converted to an empty string which has a numeric value of zero. The game reacts to these new values as if real, so you get gil old offer, Irs radius is set down, other mini quest are set to the lowest value.
    Actually....I have had several EA reps who have individually confirmed this...and one of them actually even fixed my variables as proof.

But EA as a Corp is 100% silent on this beyond political plausible deniability response of "We are investigating issue."

Actually I used your experience as one of the facts. The confirmed or denied refers to my analysis.
  • This thread makes me sad. If I logged on one day and found I'd been hit by this bug... it'd be like seeing anything you've invested time and care into being messed with or destroyed.

• Its been over a month since ive been hit by the bug, havent tried to do anything about it as honestly EA should be the one to have fixed this a year ago. Im sure EA appreciates all the money i foolishly dumped into this game and appreciates even more that im no longer using up their server space.

I will not promote support or endorse EA ever again, to bad they have all the big name licenses
  • barger9
    96 posts Member
    I got hit for the second time about 2 weeks ago. I put up with playing the glitched game for a week but have since quit until thEAy fix this broken game. However the more I read this thread, the more I am convinced EA don't care and there will never be a fix. So this is how the game ends.... By neglect from EA. ThEAy are killing the game.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    What amazes me is the money they will be losing. Many people have stated they will never spend money with EA again. Even if its 100 people, and they each convince 1 person to stop supporting EA, and then they convince one person.... You can see where this is headed. If I ran a business, any loss would be unacceptable, especial preventable loss such as this. Ok, maybe they cant fix it, or fix it right away, but they could say or do SOMETHING, anything to acknowledge what is going on with their game. But as usual, we get the great wall of silence.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • They've clearly not yet arrived at the conclusion that this will hurt their bottom line.
  • 168sean168
    4083 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    They've clearly not yet arrived at the conclusion that this will hurt their bottom line.

The 80 20 rule? Why bother about the 20 percent when 80 percent are happy :(
  • Lifewoos
    42 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    They've clearly not yet arrived at the conclusion that this will hurt their bottom line.

It kind of depends on where your whales and such are landing. I was just a tiny whale or a large dolphin prior to getting hit and now I'm totally f2p.

I wonder if they would be more motivated to fix it if they knew each time I get hit I go back and re-craft Act 1's free land token?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »

But why settle for an 80-20 split when you could make 100% of the user base happy simply by fixing the problem? Which makes me think that either (a) they don’t know how to fix it or (b) they’ve performed some sort of cost-benefit analysis and determined that the costs of a fix (assuming a fix exists) outweigh the benefits that accrue from the cheering up the currently unhappy 20%.

• Well....I personally think until Bart Royal event it affected only about 10% (or less of users). That event, for who knows what reason(s), the customers effected by the glitch exploded and has only grown with each event since then.

The major event before that that exploded players being hit for the first time with this glitch was the Time Travel in June 2017 (which is the group I am in).

If I look into my own EA glitch crystal ball, I do believe that it is only a matter of time until the next event that offers the next major explosion of group of players being hit by this glitch for the first time.

If the Time Travel event introduced the first major group of players to this glitch (easily more than doubling effected players totals)........and......if Bart Royal even then doubled the number of players hit.........

.............when will the next event start that will double the number of users hit with the glitch again?

So even if the next major glitch exploding event adds only 10% of players again, how many events like this will need to happen until 60% of users are hit an the other 40% are sweating out when their number is up?

Heck.....at this point, I could even live with knowing EA will never fix the glitch as long as I know I can call EA and they could at least do the real temp fix (that they have actually done ONCE on my game) to correct the corrupted variables and I can continue to play with no loss of progress.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Heck.....at this point, I could even live with knowing EA will never fix the glitch as long as I know I can call EA and they could at least do the real temp fix (that they have actually done ONCE on my game) to correct the corrupted variables and I can continue to play with no loss of progress.
    I would reluctantly agree with you on that, if it was decided that was the best we can do. But at this point I'm not buying it. If it broke then there has to be a way to fix it. This is a computer glitch we are talking about, not a curse or a spell or some other form of witchcraft.

Or is it?????
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • This is a computer glitch we are talking about, not a curse or a spell or some other form of witchcraft.

Or is it?????
    I am convinced it is Russian hackers!

...Wait....does that mean each time I play my glitched game that I am colluding with Russians????
    tenor.gif

• datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    This is a computer glitch we are talking about, not a curse or a spell or some other form of witchcraft.

Or is it?????

...Wait....does that mean each time I play my glitched game that I am colluding with Russians????
    tenor.gif

Maybe not Russian but the pattern you describe would fit the use of a hacker type program. In this case. The user of the hacker program is rarely effected but he introduces bad variables into another players record. Some glitched players may be part of the increase of using a bad program, just from frustration. others just want so call freebies.
  • simpsonare
    2321 posts Member
    This is a computer glitch we are talking about, not a curse or a spell or some other form of witchcraft.

Or is it?????

tenor.gif

others just want so call freebies.

I've paid one thousand dollars on this game. I think 'freebies' is not quite the term. But earned status...