EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• Lifewoos
    42 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Lifewoos wrote: »
    Nope. Nothing is fixed. I hope there is no glitch upon a glitch, glitch. So now I could play in peace in a glitch state knowing that I will not be hit by the glitch again.

well you can see Gil over and over offering you Duff Gardens and Homer's Pie Man kick off, but yes you can't get the rest of the broken things broken again.

Oh so Gil will reappear as a glitch upon a glitch, glitch? I am worried that when this glitch happened in an event, it will lock items available like the previous event.

I'm not really sure. The last event was the first time I got him multiple times during an event and their crafting method was different. I guess we will all get to find out over time as this continues to go unfixed.
  • My game i still glitched

Character finder (top left corner), friend points shown as 1, old gil deal still present, redwood and money mountain reset and not interactable, tire fire gives out ribbons, IRS tap radius reduced to start size, and daily play combo showed up.
  • 0Brooders0
    2194 posts Member
    Well that ducks with an s ... :angry:
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    so...no fix ever EA?
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I hoped for a fix with the new update but same problems here :s So disappointed...
    ★ Visit my town! BowieBlackstar
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I hoped for a fix with the new update but same problems here :s So disappointed...
    yeah, we feel bad for all effected. if it was me, i would have quit once this update hit and no change :'(
    apparently EA likes being out of business, they sure treat us like that

• yeah, we feel bad for all effected. if it was me, i would have quit once this update hit and no change :'(
    apparently EA likes being out of business, they sure treat us like that
    And after my request for assistance with no results from last week and the closed unanswered chats, today EA sends me an automatic email asking if I have solved the problem and if not, he invites me to contact the assistance again. **** !!!!!! :s
    Honestly I don't want to call because I already know that Italian assistance doesn't even know what we'ree talking about... :(

★ Visit my town! BowieBlackstar
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    since EA help won’t “help” email these people instead of of EA help:
    2_FDDF39_B_2_E8_E_4_D19_9334_63_F1_EFB3_AA01.png
    be nice but firm, maybe they will get it. it has worked for me before. trust me, enough emails will be an issue in an up coming board meeting!
  • i have the glich first days i wait think update will solve the problem...

Last Update... glitch was not solve...

Today i create a Ticket and now i hope
  • It seems to me that the cost of fixing the glitch is more than the amount of revenue being lost from users infected. At what percentage of outage amongst players will it become a necessity to actually fix the glitch or will that point never come and a simple roll-back will be the only cost effective solution.

My glitch is still being 'investigated'!

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    It seems to me that the cost of fixing the glitch is more than the amount of revenue being lost from users infected. At what percentage of outage amongst players will it become a necessity to actually fix the glitch or will that point never come and a simple roll-back will be the only cost effective solution.

My glitch is still being 'investigated'!

I’m not saying anything that hasn’t been said before by myself and others. I think the best that we can hope for is a patch that prevents future and recurring instances of the glitch. I suspect that the only way currently glitched games will ever be fixed is via rollback.
  • I suspect that the only way currently glitched games will ever be fixed is via rollback.

Not a practical solution. In fact the cost in men goes would likely be far greater than the cost to find a scripting fix to repair the glitched areas. The more time that passes with no food the more players glitched and the more stuff each glitched players obtain in the interim because supports lack of timely and proper response with the current bandaid with roll back. In my case i spent a week with daily phone calls to get them to roll back my game to the day before the glitch.

Each time they said they were but the roll back was never actual done. The last hours of the event and came and i was forced to move on in the event with my game glitched. So if they were to have a fix tomorrow (pigs could fly us never know) and had to roll back my game they would have to restore some two dozen event items. Now imagine two or three months from now. It would be possibly 100 items to restore and that is just one person. Not to mention town layouts that would need to be remembered and applied to the town after the items restored.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I suspect that the only way currently glitched games will ever be fixed is via rollback.

Not a practical solution. In fact the cost in men goes would likely be far greater than the cost to find a scripting fix to repair the glitched areas. The more time that passes with no food the more players glitched and the more stuff each glitched players obtain in the interim because supports lack of timely and proper response with the current bandaid with roll back. In my case i spent a week with daily phone calls to get them to roll back my game to the day before the glitch.

If you’re talking about what would be most efficient in terms of manpower, then of course either a script or some sort of globally-applied patch would be preferable to a rollback. What would be better still would be for EA to wave a magic wand that would immediately fix all glitched games everywhere. I doubt, however, that such a “magical” solution is feasible and I am similarly speculating that solution via script/patch is not possible. They’ve had over a year to develop one and they haven’t. That makes me suspect they can’t. So while rollbacks may not be “practical”, it may be the easiest and quickest solution they currently have in their toolbox or are likely to have in the future.
  • I am similarly speculating that solution via script/patch is not possible. They’ve had over a year to develop one and they haven’t. That makes me suspect they can’t. So while rollbacks may not be “practical”, it may be the easiest and quickest solution they currently have in their toolbox or are likely to have in the future.

It is possible it took it being wider spread to discover enough about the glitch to get ideas if what to do about it. As mentioned by someone previously their game was fixed by way of manual changing of variable values. Assuming this case indeed was "the glitch" then it should be possible to script the repair. Safe guarding against future occurrences would be the hard part because if it is indeed variable values getting corrupted that causes "the glitch" the cause of the corruption could be practically anything.

If on the other hand there is no other option but roll backs then they need to be prepared to restore everything to the state of the players town pior to rolling back. As that would be the only fair way to handle it. Otherwise as cases of "the glitch" reach wild numbers the game will just die because people will be fed up with so much broken functionality. I would love to keep playing the game for years to come and spend more money on it as well. I won't spend money as long as "the glitch" persists. And if this end up being the thing to cause the demise of the game it would be a shame since this is a highly continually successful game.
  • I agree a script is possible but their may be an EA procedure that forbids such deployments unless the root cause is known. This is normally a sound procedure but they may not be able to confirm a root cause if it is an external program.

The glitch is hard to determine as the invalid variables are converted to empty strings when saved. This masks an important clue as to what the invalid variables were originally.
  • 168sean168
    4083 posts Member
    I can imagine the frustrations for players that are dependent on the monorail to earn the precious donuts. The fix is taking forever.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    I can imagine the frustrations for players that are dependent on the monorail to earn the precious donuts. The fix is taking forever.

The worst part of the glitch is all the broken quality of life features. With 300 characters, broken character finder to cycle through to clear completed tasks along with the tap radius at starting size turns this casual game into hours per day of game play to do the same stuff as a working game took less than one hour out of the day to do.
  • 168sean168
    4083 posts Member

The worst part of the glitch is all the broken quality of life features. With 300 characters, broken character finder to cycle through to clear completed tasks along with the tap radius at starting size turns this casual game into hours per day of game play to do the same stuff as a working game took less than one hour out of the day to do.

Yes I could imagine. I hardly harvest income so the annoyance is to find the characters that have completed the quests. Luckily town hall still works.
  • I think it might be helpful if somebody was to compile a list of all the users we can identify here who have been affected by the glitch.

Highlight those that are victims.
  • I think it might be helpful if somebody was to compile a list of all the users we can identify here who have been affected by the glitch.

Highlight those that are victims.

They are all victims but it may be useful to know their level and any premium items they have purchased.

My own theory is that this is caused by an external program which is adding invalid variables to the victims database record. If true, there is no defense short of EA creating new fields in the record and abandoning the current glitched fields. (This does not imply the victims are using the external program)