EA Forums - Banner

ETA on glitch fix?

Replies

• 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    My fellow tsto fans... I hate to tell you this but there is NO FIX.

Addicts have posted a response from EA today that I suggest you all read...

www.tstoaddicts.com/2018/05/24/rollback-bug-solution/

You will have to roll back your game. You will be compensated with donuts.

Do NOT get a template town.

Get the roll back now sooner rather than later. A little progress lost is better than losing your entire town. Waiting for a fix just isn't going to happen...

:/
    thanks for info

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Daanige
    65 posts Member
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

Get the roll back now sooner rather than later. A little progress lost is better than losing your entire town. Waiting for a fix just isn't going to happen...

I know that, but why should I do a roll back if the bug aint fixed? I lose weeks of progress including characters and buildings and there is still a big chance that the glitch returns because it aint fixed.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member

So what exactly has changed? Not much or so it would seem. This form letter seems to affirm what most here on the forum have recognized as the status quo:

1. There will be no “global” patch for this problem. Affected users can either roll back their game or accept a template town.

2. The underlying cause of the problem has (amazingly) still not been addressed.
    It’s possible that this could happen again, but we’re doing our best to prevent it.

Other thoughts:

1. If there exists the remotest hint of a silver lining, it might be that the number of new cases seems to have dropped off in the last few weeks.

2. The form letter glosses over the nature of the problem. It would be nice to be given some info on the exact particulars, but given that transparency has never been EA’s forte, that was never really in the cards.

@0Brooders0 highlights what I think should be the main take-away from all of this. If you’re one of the infected, your best bet is probably a rollback. It is likely that we will never see a fix that removes the bugs and also preserves content accumulated since the glitch occurred.

• 0Brooders0
    2194 posts Member
    Take the roll back and politely demand everything you gained in terms of characters and buildings and decorations during your progress through thr broken game are also reinstated.

Provide screenshots of the items you want back?

At least they have now acknowledged there is a glitch... :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    Honestly if I go the route of a rollback and they will not give me all of the event prizes earned and other items I've spent donuts on since the glitch, I'm going to just quit the game. I've been on the fence about it for a while now and this may have sealed the deal.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Tara1qt wrote: »
    Honestly if I go the route of a rollback and they will not give me all of the event prizes earned and other items I've spent donuts on since the glitch, I'm going to just quit the game. I've been on the fence about it for a while now and this may have sealed the deal.

I suspect that many glitched users that have also been waiting for an alternative to rollbacks and replacement towns will be performing the same mental calculations that you are. A difficult choice. I’m not really sure what I would do.

• Daanige
    65 posts Member
    First they decline rollbacks, people play on with their glitched games, collecting new stuff. Then they offer rollbacks as a solution. And losing that stuff again, that would be a shame. But then again, it is EA. So we'll probably going to lose everything...
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Daanige wrote: »
    First they decline rollbacks, people play on with their glitched games, collecting new stuff. Then they offer rollbacks as a solution. And losing that stuff again, that would be a shame. But then again, it is EA. So we'll probably going to lose everything...

Not victim blaming, but, while it is certainly true that some EA help staffers have in the past refused to roll back games and/or have provided glitched users with incorrect/misleading information on the bug, forum threads on this issue have long made clear that rollbacks have always been possible provided the user persisted in pestering the help desk until reaching someone could perform one.

• Lifewoos
    42 posts Member
    edited May 2018

ok, then I am done. They wouldn't roll me back last time and fought with me and fought with me. Now I will lose the last event and mini event. (expletive rant) you, EA.
  • Lifewoos
    42 posts Member

Not victim blaming, but, while it is certainly true that some EA help staffers have in the past refused to roll back games and/or have provided glitched users with incorrect/misleading information on the bug, forum threads on this issue have long made clear that rollbacks have always been possible provided the user persisted in pestering the help desk until reaching someone could perform one.

Yes, but not all of us have the hours it takes to keep fighting for a rollback and get constantly rebuffed for a game. If it were my cable, cell phone, etc. I could maintain the fight but not for a game.

EA, you are dead to me.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Lifewoos wrote: »

Yes, but not all of us have the hours it takes to keep fighting for a rollback and get constantly rebuffed for a game. If it were my cable, cell phone, etc. I could maintain the fight but not for a game.

EA, you are dead to me.

I’m not disagreeing with you about the time issue. That’s a valid point.

As for those considering quitting the game — I might come to that same conclusion were I in that position.
  • I used to be the one that logged in almost every hour or two to play! However I have received the same email and same offer as everyone else and rejected both. I am thinking I am getting close to quitting this game. I now only play maybe one to two times a day now.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    They can add any item that isn't available to a town. (I got Mayan Homer this way.) If you are thinking of the template town option, maybe you can ask them to put everything in from you inventory back in, and provide proof with screenshots.
  • ChristianJ92
    49 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    So here is my experience with 'The Glitch'...

I got the dreaded glitch on the evening of May 3rd.

On May 4th, I read everything that I could in this forum about this glitch and how others handled the situation. I first logged a ticket with a call back from an adviser in India. All he could do was send a ticket to the game developers. I left that ticket open and never touched it again as adviser suggested. That same day, I took Hobbes' advice to try and reach someone in support who was located in the U.S. After several attempts, I was finally able to reach someone in San Antonio later in the afternoon, around 3 PM, Mountain Standard Time Zone/US. He would not do a rollback for me. I immediately resumed my call back ticket to try again. I had much better luck reaching San Antonio and spoke with two more advisers in San Antonio. Unfortunately, neither one were either willing or able to help me. Both claimed that I should hold tight, apparently having some sort of insider information that they couldn't share.

I continued playing my glitched game, hoping for a fix, until this morning (May 24th).

After reading the e-mail on TSTO Addicts (thank you for posting that) I was hopeful again. Even though I did not receive the email, even with my open ticket, I decided to try and call EA support again, seeing as they were willing to do rollbacks now.

I made a quick list of everything that I'd obtained since the glitch occurred, in my game, and was prepared for the call. I resumed my 'call back' ticket about three times until I finally reached an adviser in Ireland. He was friendly and helped me while I was on the phone. He made sure that I had all of the characters on the list I'd prepared, including the 'Heist' event characters and the Cinco de Mayo sale. He also gave me the donuts promised in the e-mail that had been sent. I have everything on my list The only thing I lost were a few levels and bonus percentage. I dropped from 939 to 800. I can live with that. I'm fairly certain that he would've compensated me even more to help me regain those things faster if I'd asked.

So basically, my advice is similar to Hobbes'. I have absolutely nothing against the folks in India who were trying to help me, but they just didn't have the capability to resolve my issues while I was on the phone, nor could they transfer my call.

Here are my tips and notes:
    • First, make a list of everything you've gained since you got the glitch, including characters, buildings, and decorations. Details help.
    • If you're using the call back option, open a new ticket and keep resuming it until you reach someone in Europe or US support. I just used: 'San Antonio Support Requested'.
    • My first question to the calling adviser was 'Are you located in San Antonio?' If the answer was no, I would politely thank them, hang up and resume my ticket.
    • Around 9 AM MST/US I was able to reach Europe (Ireland) support. Around 3 PM MST/US I was able to reach San Antonio support after using this method.
    • The adviser in Ireland who helped me could see everything that I currently had in my game. He helped me troubleshoot what he'd need to replace from my last 'good save', even Johnny Fiesta's restaurant.
    • He did everything for me while I was on the phone with him.
    • I asked him if I needed to wait 48 hours to log in again. He said no, I was good to go.
    • Before logging back in to my rolled back game, I deleted my cache, data, and the entire app first. I did a fresh install. I'm not sure if that'll help anything, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    • My game works great now and I've already regained about 3/4 of my lost bonus percentage.

Thanks to everyone on the forums and TSTO Addicts who provided helpful information.

Quick edit for some grammar mistakes
  • Willy9292
    1664 posts Member
    So here is my experience with 'The Glitch'...

I got the dreaded glitch on the evening of May 3rd.

On May 4th, I read everything that I could in this forum about this glitch and how others handled the situation. I first logged a ticket with a call back from an adviser in India. All he could do was send a ticket to the game developers. I left that ticket open and never touched it again as adviser suggested. That same day, I took Hobbes' advice to try and reach someone in support who was located in the U.S. After several attempts, I was finally able to reach someone in San Antonio later in the afternoon, around 3 PM, Mountain Standard Time Zone/US. He would not do a rollback for me. I immediately resumed my call back ticket to try again. I had much better luck reaching San Antonio and spoke with two more advisers in San Antonio. Unfortunately, neither one were either willing or able to help me. Both claimed that I should hold tight, apparently having some sort of insider information that they couldn't share.

I continued playing my glitched game, hoping for a fix, until this morning (May 24th).

After reading the e-mail on TSTO Addicts (thank you for posting that) I was hopeful again. Even though I did not receive the email, even with my open ticket, I decided to try and call EA support again, seeing as they were willing to do rollbacks now.

I made a quick list of everything that I'd obtained since the glitch occurred, in my game, and was prepared for the call. I resumed my 'call back' ticket about three times until I finally reached an adviser in Ireland. He was friendly and helped me while I was on the phone. He made sure that I had all of the characters on the list I'd prepared, including the 'Heist' event characters and the Cinco de Mayo sale. He also gave me the donuts promised in the e-mail that had been sent. I have everything on my list The only thing I lost were a few levels and bonus percentage. I dropped from 939 to 800. I can live with that. I'm fairly certain that he would've compensated me even more to help me regain those things faster if I'd asked.

So basically, my advice is similar to Hobbes'. I have absolutely nothing against the folks in India who were trying to help me, but they just didn't have the capability to resolve my issues while I was on the phone, nor could they transfer my call.

Here are my tips:
    • First, make a list of everything you've gained since you got the glitch, including characters, buildings, and decorations. Details help.
    • If you're using the call back option, open a new ticket and keep resuming it until you reach someone in Europe or US support. I just used: 'San Antonio Support Requested'.
    • My first question to the calling adviser was 'Are you located in San Antonio?' If the answer was no, I would politely thank them, hang up and resume my ticket.
    • Around 9 AM MST/US I was able to reach Europe (Ireland) support. Around 3 PM MST/US I was able to reach San Antonio support after using this method.

Thanks to everyone on the forums and TSTO Addicts who provided helpful information.

Quick edit for some grammar mistakes

This is great advice. For a considerable time now there have been great posts warning people of the risk of continuing to play with a glitched game. It appears that risk may be coming true, and everything accumulated since a game was glitched will be lost.

I have always felt this would be the end result, and sure wish that I was wrong. To those who now face a rollback and loss of significant items, take some time. Get screenshots of everything you have accumulated. Make a list of items and characters that you know you will lose and give them to the support rep. Be sure before you go with the rollback that you have a complete list, and then go for it. The advice by @ChristianJ92 is good. This does not need to take a long time...persist in reopening the claim until you get a rep who will help. It has never taken me more than 3 tries to get someone. If you have a clear list of what is going to need to be replaced, they will be able to restore the items. Good luck all!
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • 0Brooders0
    2194 posts Member
    Excellent advice there @ChristianJ92 B)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I cant log in how do i fix this? I have put years and years into this game i dont want my town to disapear
  • hobbesisreal
    578 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    AS MANY HAVE WARNED NUMEROUS TIMES...... know what you are asking for before asking EA for a glitch fix.

I just created a new thread HERE that takes the most important points that players must know before fixing their glitched game without having to read through 100's of posts across multiple threads to get the basic.

Hopefully that helps to clue in players easily in on post in deciding how to proceed with a glitched game.
  • Willy9292
    1664 posts Member
    I cant log in how do i fix this? I have put years and years into this game i dont want my town to disapear

@felishanicole867 there are half a dozen threads on the first page about the login glitch, but this is not one of them. To fix login issues you need to uninstall and reinstall the game. Its that simple. Be sure though that you are using a login and not playing anonymously, as that would cause you to lose data. For more info see one of the login issue threads.

Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    @ChristianJ92 Thanks for posting and glad you were able to get your rollback successfully.
    I cant log in how do i fix this? I have put years and years into this game i dont want my town to disapear
    Please see one of the numerous threads that already exist on this issue. If you have an Origin account, try reinstalling.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS