EA Forums - Banner

Can't log in!!!!!!!

Replies

• fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    Having same problem. If I uninstall on my iPad I will lose all my progress. Can anyone help. Tried contact EA but live chat is freezing up. I get so far and almost get a reply but get a white box with inability to input info or receive info.

Try this 9 page thread near the top of the first page, where this question is answered over and over.....

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/220506/cant-log-in#latest

B2sHGc5.jpg
    :D guess you weren’t kidding in the other thread :D i about spit my drink out when i saw this :D thanks for my biggest laugh of the day :)

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    mystery2mi wrote: »
    Same here....im an oz user based in bkk!!! Changed password and still same issue

Delete game, re-install.

Do you have that ready to cut and paste yet? I do ;)

You would think that after 9 pages on this thread alone, people would get it. Doesn't anyone bother to read anymore? All they have to do is read a couple of posts which would take less time than creating a new one.

B2sHGc5.jpg

My new cut and paste! Remember this lady? I love her! I forgot all about her till all these useless threads started popping up
    :D
    my favorite is when the answer is right above their posts :D

Isnt that the best? At least its a lot of fun to point out how ridiculous they are.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • lucienleon519
    1331 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Uninstalled, reinstalled... now it won't load updates because it tells me I don't have a wifi connection - which I clearly do. I'll keep at it. Odd.

Edit: I remember reading a post that said not to "tap to continue", which I think I accidentally did. I've gone through the process again, and at least I've been allowed to log in. I'm leaving the screen alone while that donut spins around and around.

Edit again: all good
    Post edited by lucienleon519 on
  • MildaMay
    144 posts Member
    I deleted the game from my device then, added it back. Worked!!!
  • trd2000gt
    3 posts New member
    stupid question, will I lose the levels I've achieved?
    MildaMay wrote: »

• trd2000gt wrote: »

1. As long as you are registered with origin, you will be fine.
    2. The is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people! (NOT refering to you)
  • Willy9292
    1724 posts Member
    trd2000gt wrote: »

As previously answered, if you are playing with an Origin Login you lose nothing, if you are playing anonymousy, WHY?

Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »

As previously answered, if you are playing with an Origin Login you lose nothing, if you are playing anonymousy, WHY?

Couldnt agree more. There is no reason not to that I can come up with. Not even a bad reason.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member

There is difference between stupid and uneducated. Uneducated can be cured.

If you play anonymous, your data is saved on your device not the server. Login account's data are saved on the server.
    If Anonymous, you can only play on one device. Reset the data cache in the game or break the device and you start all over. If you buy donuts, I don't advise ever playing anonymous.

See, that cure wasn't so bad.
  • trd2000gt wrote: »

There is difference between stupid and uneducated. Uneducated can be cured.

If you play anonymous, your data is saved on your device not the server. Login account's data are saved on the server.
    If Anonymous, you can only play on one device. Reset the data cache in the game or break the device and you start all over. If you buy donuts, I don't advise ever playing anonymous.

See, that cure wasn't so bad.

It did taste like medicine though. Just sayin...
  • Well, now I'm getting the spinning donut of doom.

I hope that EA gets their äss in gear before the next event drops.

• trd2000gt
    3 posts New member
    hi there, thanks and no worries.
    its working and its alive!!!!!! almost 24 hours without playing tapped out...

phew! thanks!!!

1. As long as you are registered with origin, you will be fine.
    2. The is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people! (NOT refering to you)

• Willy9292
    1724 posts Member
    I post a whole bunch of sarcasm and come here and see all the warm and fuzzy answers. I need the old and grumpy badge.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    I post a whole bunch of sarcasm and come here and see all the warm and fuzzy answers. I need the old and grumpy badge.

I hope I took care of that for you. Cant have too much warm and fuzzy, can we?
  • Delete and reinstall didn’t work.
    Restarting iPad didn’t work.
    Changing password didnt work.
    Waiting a week didn’t work.

Any other thoughts?
  • Unistall and reinstall did help.....once after you reinstall, and after opening the game you have to enter your age and then login with entering your username and password.
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • redec69
    185 posts Member
    Delete and reinstall didn’t work.
    Restarting iPad didn’t work.
    Changing password didnt work.
    Waiting a week didn’t work.

Any other thoughts?
    Same boat as me...I've been waiting almost 3 weeks now tho. I've spent many hours on the phone with EA support, if it's any comfort 1 or 2 of the support people (out of probably 10 that I've talked to) acknowledged that it is an issue that they're actively working on...No ETA on a fix tho
  • bigrodzilla
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If I remove the app from my iPad, will it delete everything I've done up to this point? I've maxed out the levels (it stops at level 939). It does say all of my data will be erased as well. Thank you in advance.

NVM, it's fine and working again.
  • Same thing happened to me. Changed password, logged in and out, Rebooted system multiple times, offloaded several times and reinstalled. Have plenty of memory. I am at level 177. Invested a lot of time to have this s
  • EA genius hard at work...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.