EA Forums - Banner

Pro tip

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    main-qimg-7465d754e1e23052c4741fe9057ce02f-c
    :::::
  • Oh, consider the pot stired!! @daved7637397 it's fun, to me, to get the first 2 prizes on the prize track the first day. Or get the building and get it to 20% as soon as the act starts. Why not? I suppose I make my own fun :trollface: 《is that still a thing?

*stirs some more* ;)B)
    Thanks for your answer, as I said Ive always been curious as to the reasoning for this. I see these threads pop up each and every event (and act) and just wanted to know if I was missing something.

Again thanks for not getting offended and for giving me a honest answer!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    Peace my friend @chadstraus97. This forum gets boring some times, it's fun to play the antagonist occasionally to try and get some activity around here.

then why pretend you drunk posted? :smiley:
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Oh, consider the pot stired!! @daved7637397 it's fun, to me, to get the first 2 prizes on the prize track the first day. Or get the building and get it to 20% as soon as the act starts. Why not? I suppose I make my own fun :trollface: 《is that still a thing?

*stirs some more* ;)B)
    Thanks for your answer, as I said Ive always been curious as to the reasoning for this. I see these threads pop up each and every event (and act) and just wanted to know if I was missing something.

Again thanks for not getting offended and for giving me a honest answer!

For the most part, I don't disagree with @frosted1414 in re: how to manage DC's between acts (I say save and enjoy the headstart unless saving leaves you just shy of an extra bonus round in the act that's about to end). I often end up saving and it is fun to see just how far you can get in one day.

I just get pretty invested in this topic because, like you, I see it come up every event and the only justifications for this approach pre-event are based on emotion and contrary to what is generally best for most players, especially newer ones (non-pros, if you will): getting as many donuts as possible (again, setting aside situations where you know in advance you'll struggle to complete the prize track).
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    cdepast wrote: »
    start saving your daily challenges for the next event. They will give you a big head start.
    Can’t, I’ve just been offered 6 donuts in my latest challenge this morning.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • I like to get a head start. It gives me more leeway if I'm busy with work or don't feel like playing.
  • I <3 pro tips
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    For many players, once you've been playing for enough years, challenge donuts and in game cash are not as valuable as having a head start in an event - and avoiding the grind to finish. I will also save the challenges once I've completed each act as well. It's a jump start on the next prize track and/or the bonus donuts for completing the act.
  • OhHappyJays
    1650 posts Member
    I decided to stockpile a challenge today, and changed it. Now, Cletus (who had his 4hr task at his home as the first DC) and the new one (a 4hr task for Krusty) are stuck and cannot be sent on a task via the UO.

It's especially annoying for Cletus because I don't like him in his Manager costume since they changed his costume's Premium status.

I wonder if tomorrow the problem will go away...
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Someone explain to me how they are getting 18 doughnuts from a daily task? I usually see 1 doughnut, sometimes 3, and every once in a great while 6, but never 18..
  • mirko_283
    142 posts Member
    Chris60119 wrote: »
    Someone explain to me how they are getting 18 doughnuts from a daily task? I usually see 1 doughnut, sometimes 3, and every once in a great while 6, but never 18..

He said that you can win 3 times 6 donuts (so with 3 daily challenges with 6 donuts, 18 donuts) ... which never happens
  • wiedmannaj
    1125 posts Member
    mirko_283 wrote: »
    Someone explain to me how they are getting 18 doughnuts from a daily task? I usually see 1 doughnut, sometimes 3, and every once in a great while 6, but never 18..

He said that you can win 3 times 6 donuts (so with 3 daily challenges with 6 donuts, 18 donuts) ... which never happens

I think I got that after an event ended, and had three event currency challenges change to donuts. Maybe it was only like 12-15 donuts, though.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • 11EEvey
    3028 posts Member
    @OhHappyJays Just go to Krustyland or friends screen and back to sync the game.
  • mirko_283 wrote: »

And I also said that if you even get 3 challenges worth 1 donut, the 3 donuts are equal to 1 bonus round, but you know....reading comprehension. I give up. I'll let you "pros" make your irrational decisions and stop trying to help people see which method leads to more donuts.
  • wiedmannaj wrote: »

I think I got that after an event ended, and had three event currency challenges change to donuts. Maybe it was only like 12-15 donuts, though.

Right. 18 doesn't often happen. For example, I've gotten 5 in the last 3 days and 11 in the last 4 days. Regardless, it still leads to a higher ratio of donuts than you'd get from a miniscule amount of event currency that might lead to one additional bonus round
  • cdepast wrote: »
    For many players, once you've been playing for enough years, challenge donuts and in game cash are not as valuable as having a head start in an event - and avoiding the grind to finish. I will also save the challenges once I've completed each act as well. It's a jump start on the next prize track and/or the bonus donuts for completing the act.

I really don't think the majority of players are going to have to grind much harder if they don't save the DCs in advance. In general, 3 DCs equate to less than 10% of the total amount needed on the prize track or about 1 day of extra work (at most). If you're finishing, for example, 5 days early, do you really need to finish 6 days early? Or would you be better off spreading one additional day of work over a two-week act and getting more doughnuts? To each their own, but this tip doesn't mean much if you're finishing early no matter what and it means even less if you're already doing KEM farming on a 4-hour cycle
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    happy tapping everyone.
  • mirko_283
    142 posts Member

And I also said that if you even get 3 challenges worth 1 donut, the 3 donuts are equal to 1 bonus round, but you know....reading comprehension. I give up. I'll let you "pros" make your irrational decisions and stop trying to help people see which method leads to more donuts.

Yes I understood that we do not necessarily win 18 donuts but for example 5 donuts with 3 daily challenges, which in the end is better than a bonus donuts. But he asked how we win 18 donuts. Sorry if we misunderstood each other @chadstraus97 :blush:
  • mirko_283 wrote: »

Yes I understood that we do not necessarily win 18 donuts but for example 5 donuts with 3 daily challenges, which in the end is better than a bonus donuts. But he asked how we win 18 donuts. Sorry if we misunderstood each other @chadstraus97 :blush:

Ok, we're on the same page now. I totally agree - and 5 is a good example because it's pretty common to get 3+1+1 over the course of 3 days. Thank you for being one of the few people who seems to understand. I appreciate that :) and my apologies for the initial confusion.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    [lots of words]... it drives me crazy to see posts like this before every event when simple math dictates that this "pro tip" is completely the wrong solution for the vast majority of players.
    If 18 donuts is significant to you then you can ignore the tips for pros.

giphy.gif
    if you are not trying to "stir the pot", then why write a novel putting down the idea being presented by someone just trying to help? You could have simply written: "I disagree with this tip as I would prefer to acquire donuts"