EA Forums - Banner

Call this the Event That Killed Tapped Out!

Prev13456
Terrible decision to add KL to SF. The lag makes it almost unplayable. Its only going to get worse with the log ride and roller coaster. The amount of new land is going to make towns huge. Its already hard enough finding the characters to tap in neighbors towns. Now its going to be 10X worse. Not to mention with the lag how long its going to take to get from one side to the other. The price of premium items keeps going up to make up for everyone farming doughnuts. EA is more worried about trying to get back those doughnuts then thinking about the guy that just started the game. Newbies are going to look how much premium stuff costs and just stop playing. I'm seriously thinking about only playing the Halloween event every year and just taking the other 10 months off.

Replies

• bluntcard
    3941 posts Member
    The lag may be reduced once the event is over.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • But it will just come back at the next event. Takes an hour to tap out now. I don't have the time for that.
  • bluntcard
    3941 posts Member
    Still lots of glitches. I can’t tap the KL characters. Other weird glitchy stuff too.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • 1MikeyM
    391 posts Member
    Have you tried disconnecting the injury 500?
    Cured the lag for me
  • Every time there is a new update I am scared of how many problems this time will turn up !! But such a major like this time I never seen ! Much luck to all those are infected
  • Castiel19x
    4419 posts Member
    Cured the lag for me

This stopped it for me and is back to normal.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Kejlstrup1976
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Cured the lag for me
    -worked for me , thanks mikeymoore241
    Post edited by Kejlstrup1976 on
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Still lots of glitches. I can’t tap the KL characters. Other weird glitchy stuff too.

The ones with the balloon are the event critters. The ones that look like the old KL tourists have the same function - after a few hours they give tickets.
  • simpsonare
    2305 posts Member
    Disagree. I haven't experienced any lag other than usual (Note 8/ S8). I do agree that they are hiking up prices though. Idk why they just don't keep using that $10 slot for each update. I don't mind paying $10 each month after dropping a grand on it. This event certainly will not kill the simpsons game. It is a hardware issue so you can't blame the game.
  • This time they will use the $20 slot
  • simpsonare
    2305 posts Member
    Yeah, I can handle $20 in spirit of supporting the game. Probably won't go any higher... that is unless they made the livery and stable available lol.
  • I'm gonna call it the event that made it better.
  • K bye, my wife and I are loving this event. We can finally make them parks
  • I love it! Good riddance to Krustyland, they should have done this years ago!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    I like these changes, and given the extraordinary coding needed to swap everything I am amazed that it has been this smooth. The Krustyland park visitors, that have always been in the park and generate tickets came over. They added completely different park visitors for the event, which is the same as most events. We have crooks, lawyers, aliens etc creeping around that we tap on. I don't get the big uproar on how only some of the visitors work and can be tapped. There are two separate sets.

Debris, Sideshow You, everything came over and we were given a ton of stuff in inventory to use. The lag issue is easy to fix, disconnect the race track until they patch the issue.

This is a significant investment in time by EA and speaks to them being committed to keeping this game going. This will not be the event that killed Tapped Out.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Johnny2bd
    678 posts Member
    Seems to be full of glitches and oversights so far (like the land token thing) but overall I think it's a great move on EA's part (once they fix the glitches).

Now you can store everything if you don't want to deal with it and we have new, unique items to build with in Springfield.

I just really, really wish they'd open up more of the heights. I would have been much happier with 7 new columns up in the heights so I can hide a few of my lesser used zones of Springfield.
  • 4junk3000
    5486 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I agree completely. There was no reason to load up SF with all the KL stuff. It had its own separate section that had ZERO issues with lag.

Only because whiners griped about a 15 second splash screen. Now I've got a 15 second lag every time i try to move one of my group stored sets. After 30 minutes of trying to rebuild i gave up, it's impossible.

My KL won't even fit in my SF since they didn't increase the feature limit. It'll never be like it was.

While i may be able to build SF again with some ease, having this land surplus; it's a hefty price to pay, in having my KL destroyed and taken from me. It was my best design. I hate everyone who asked for or implemented this horrible and poorly executed change. I'm getting ready to start deleting people i no longer consider my neighbors. Thieves aren't neighbors.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    The item limit was raised to 11,500 I am sorry that @4junk3000 feels so strongly about this. I respect your feelings, and opinion here. Your neighbours, however, are not thieves. They just have a different opinion than you do. I sincerely doubt it is personal. While I do not know you I hear your pain, try to not let it cloud the benefits of this community.
    I have resolved the lag in my town by doing this. I stored all of the racetrack but the building. I crafted about 6 additional pieces. I reoriented the race building 90 degrees. I rebuilt a large track. The lag died as soon as I stored the first piece and did not come back. It was very bad prior to that.

My personal wish was that we be allowed to move stuff to Krustyland, but I have to admit this new update is growing on me. I see months of work ahead, which is answering my boredom with TSTO.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    the only lag issues i’m having is moving large areas around, but not sure if that started with the new storage option of storing in groups
    other than that, this is a great event! gives me a reason to do a big redesign and the land to do it!
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • 4junk3000
    5486 posts Member
    Not quite.

We had a "differing opinion" while KL still existed separately. The difference was you didn't like to wait for a splash screen, while i didn't have a problem with waiting.

i recognized the benefit of a separate KL database - which made it lag free and prevented it from being restricted by the SF feature count limit.

But you had to whine and whine until YOUR opinion eliminated my opinion. Now my KL is gone, and i can't rebuild it. Thanks so much.

But I'm sooo glad you don't have to wait to go to KL anymore. It was totally worth losing my KL for you.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."