EA Forums - Banner

Call this the Event That Killed Tapped Out!

Replies

• simpsonare
    2266 posts Member
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    Not quite.

We had a "differing opinion" while KL still existed separately. The difference was you didn't like to wait for a splash screen, while i didn't have a problem with waiting.

i recognized the benefit of a separate KL database - which made it lag free and prevented it from being restricted by the SF feature count limit.

But you had to whine and whine until YOUR opinion eliminated my opinion. Now my KL is gone, and i can't rebuild it. Thanks so much.

But I'm sooo glad you don't have to wait to go to KL anymore. It was totally worth losing my KL for you.

It's not the end of the world.
  • Actually, I think this consolidation is a great thing. I don't know how TSTO does its memory management, but my iPad (a first generation iPad Pro...at least two years old) isn't having problems with TSTO. I'm guessing it's because I don't have that much stuff on it. There is a boatload of free memory so the game can use as much as it wants.
  • bluntcard
    3864 posts Member
    petehd14 wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Still lots of glitches. I can’t tap the KL characters. Other weird glitchy stuff too.

The ones with the balloon are the event critters. The ones that look like the old KL tourists have the same function - after a few hours they give tickets.

Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • afscott
    76 posts Member
    After all the hoo-har over the removal of KL and merging the space dies down...the actual event is kinda disappointing.

It doesn't follow the ICONIC Itchy and Scratchy Land episode at all just the same old "send the 5 main characters on 4 hour job over and over" thing again. Most of the the crafting items are going to be for the 3 rides? Meh.
  • afscott wrote: »
    It doesn't follow the ICONIC Itchy and Scratchy Land episode at all just the same old "send the 5 main characters on 4 hour job over and over" thing again.

Remind me. Exactly which previous Tapped Out events were designed to replay the plot of a specific Simpsons episode?
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    Not quite.

We had a "differing opinion" while KL still existed separately. The difference was you didn't like to wait for a splash screen, while i didn't have a problem with waiting.

i recognized the benefit of a separate KL database - which made it lag free and prevented it from being restricted by the SF feature count limit.

But you had to whine and whine until YOUR opinion eliminated my opinion. Now my KL is gone, and i can't rebuild it. Thanks so much.

But I'm sooo glad you don't have to wait to go to KL anymore. It was totally worth losing my KL for you.

Not sure who you are directing this at. I was never one advocating the demise of Krustyland but can adapt. That being said pardon my bluntness but no one here took your Krustyland from you. Its not anyone's fault. It was also not done solely to annoy you. I doubt anyone at EA knows who any of us are, nor do they care. I am concerned for the obvious pain your recent post indicate. I and others have offered sympathy. Your choice to throw it back. I do hope you can reconcile this however.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • cjryder625
    1419 posts Member
    my games working fine now I managed to get in but I can't find the crafting menu. Does it appear after the quest line is finished?
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • cjryder625 wrote: »
    my games working fine now I managed to get in but I can't find the crafting menu. Does it appear after the quest line is finished?

I think the crafting came after finishing Itchy-Est Place on Earth part 3.

• cjryder625
    1419 posts Member
    that's strange I'm on part 5 and it still hasn't appeared!! I can see it vaguely in the background so know it's there but tapping on it doesn't do anything. If it's not there in the morning I might do a reinstall.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    Not quite.

old-man-cloud-HD-1079x720.jpg
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I still want a second map. Call it West Springfield and give it all of the features (tiles, beaches, ocean, rivers) that regular SF has.

They can make the event buildings trigger in SF, so they can keep everyone's landing in the old map. Also, every time a character is sent to a job on the other map, they can head to the tunnel.
  • tapebelt wrote: »
    Not quite.

Perfect encapsulation of this thread
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    I would encourage everyone to give it some time. For those of us that have been around since the beginning, events used to start with unbelievable glitches that rendered the game unplayable. I know some people are mad to see their KL designs gone (myself included), but I'm sure the performance issues will be addressed. Remember - if people cant play, they cant make money - and there is no point of releasing future updates. It'll get sorted out.
  • It's going to take me hours to put everything in place but what I'm most **** about is that the KL rollercoaster I was building, that it was almost done, it's not in the inventory. What the hell? I lost it, right? I don't like this even at all
  • petehd14 wrote: »
    I still want a second map. Call it West Springfield and give it all of the features (tiles, beaches, ocean, rivers) that regular SF has.

They can make the event buildings trigger in SF, so they can keep everyone's landing in the old map. Also, every time a character is sent to a job on the other map, they can head to the tunnel.

Exactly! It works just perfect with SH
  • I actually liked KL. But given the load time for it, I eventually stopped going there completely. So I'm quite pleased with the change.

I am finding it different to design for now that it's in SF though. In KL, I had miles of land to spare, but now, I need to be frugal with space. I was ultimately only able to use two of my grouped saves, and ended up breaking up the rest because they were space hogs that I couldn't justify. I like it, but it can be a challenge at times.

The item limit might start to be a problem, though, and I'm surprised that wasn't raised.
  • What happens to the game if I DONT nuke KL?

I really, really don't want to do it - nor to rebuild everything on Springfield.
  • SLotmanRJ wrote: »
    What happens to the game if I DONT nuke KL?

I really, really don't want to do it - nor to rebuild everything on Springfield.

4 days it will happen automatically.
  • SLotmanRJ wrote: »
    What happens to the game if I DONT nuke KL?

it autonukes on June 4th or 6th
  • 4junk3000
    5333 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    tapebelt wrote: »

I agree with THIS.

The fact is, for years, people in this forum have expressed animosity for a portion of the game that many of us enjoyed. There was no reason to constantly complain about one section of the game that had no lag and no worries with the item cap. The expense of waiting for a database exchange was certainly not a hefty one, for the stability it brought.

This forum indeed influences the game designers. I led a crusade for the Area Select Tool we have now. Another forum vet lobbied for the IRS office, and another for the unemployment office. We've seen we can influence them if we are loud enough. And I'm expressing my opinion that being so loud for so long is what led to something i enjoyed being taken away.

AND I KNOW IT'S NOT "the end of the world". It's the end of my KL, which matters to me. It's obvious it does not, to many of you, who demanded, and now applaud, this change.
    Well, i don't like you anymore. =P

And p.s. you're welcome to take me as seriously as you want or don't. I empathise with other KL fans who mourn today. You determine your own guilt when you take what i say personally. I'm speaking to a big room.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."