EA Forums - Banner

Call this the Event That Killed Tapped Out!

Replies

• simpsonare
    2266 posts Member
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »

old-man-cloud-HD-1079x720.jpg

I agree with THIS.

The fact is, for years, people in this forum have expressed animosity for a portion of the game that many of us enjoyed. There was no reason to constantly complain about one section of the game that had no lag and no worries with the item cap. The expense of waiting for a database exchange was certainly not a hefty one, for the stability it brought.

This forum indeed influences the game designers. I led a crusade for the Area Select Tool we have now. Another forum vet lobbied for the IRS office, and another for the unemployment office. We've seen we can influence them if we are loud enough. And I'm expressing my opinion that being so loud for so long is what led to something i enjoyed being taken away.

AND I KNOW IT'S NOT "the end of the world". It's the end of my KL, which matters to me. It's obvious it does not, to many of you, who demanded, and now applaud, this change.
    Well, i don't like you anymore. =P

And p.s. you're welcome to take me as seriously as you want or don't. I empathise with other KL fans who mourn today. You determine your own guilt when you take what i say personally. I'm speaking to a big room.

I recently just built up my krustyland. I wasn't happy that I needed to nuke it either. But I'm not complaining about having to completely redo my krustyland. I made the most of it and the later is better than the former.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    ChickenLittle4.jpg.bfb09a1dcbc067e623b6c00cfc572717.jpg
    ;;;;;
  • Personally I'm excited about all the new possibilities for a theme park.
  • Mgc015
    4 posts Member
    What really stinks is that I had over 30 land expansions saved up for future use. I was working my way to the more expensive sites. Why use free expansion on cheaper sites? So now I've lost all of those and was just given the 100 expansion sites as everyone else. I think I'm done with this waste of time.
  • cjryder625 wrote: »
    that's strange I'm on part 5 and it still hasn't appeared!! I can see it vaguely in the background so know it's there but tapping on it doesn't do anything. If it's not there in the morning I might do a reinstall.

So when you tap the Itchy and Scratchy Gate it should have the options
    -Staff Rides, and
    -Craft an Item (which should take you to the crafting in the event menu). You have the gate don't you?

You should have four access points on your screen to get to the event menu and crafting, top right next to the Daily Challenges, bottom right next to the visiting friends icon, bottom left the question mark in the bar which shows the event currency you have (on top of the conform-o-meter) and the I&S Gate. What does your screen look like?

• tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »

old-man-cloud-HD-1079x720.jpg

I agree with THIS.

The fact is, for years, people in this forum have expressed animosity for a portion of the game that many of us enjoyed. There was no reason to constantly complain about one section of the game that had no lag and no worries with the item cap. The expense of waiting for a database exchange was certainly not a hefty one, for the stability it brought.

This forum indeed influences the game designers. I led a crusade for the Area Select Tool we have now. Another forum vet lobbied for the IRS office, and another for the unemployment office. We've seen we can influence them if we are loud enough. And I'm expressing my opinion that being so loud for so long is what led to something i enjoyed being taken away.

AND I KNOW IT'S NOT "the end of the world". It's the end of my KL, which matters to me. It's obvious it does not, to many of you, who demanded, and now applaud, this change.
    Well, i don't like you anymore. =P

And p.s. you're welcome to take me as seriously as you want or don't. I empathise with other KL fans who mourn today. You determine your own guilt when you take what i say personally. I'm speaking to a big room.

seen your posts lately dude, seems like you're the one taking it personal. it's been years since krustyland was relevant, nobody has been raising pitchforks, demanding it be removed. a lot of people gave up caring about the place altogether... probably the only thing folks have been saying "so loud for so long" about it.

if you wanna believe your input had something to do with the evolution of this game, more power to you. but maybe, just maybe, nuking KL was bigger than you or i or anyone else on here. maybe the developers were at a crossroads with this game, only being allotted a certain amount of server space/bandwidth/resources to dedicate to a mobile game so late in its life, and realized they had to make compromises that were in the best interest of the game's core feature... springfield. as you said, krustyland had its own land, its own item cap.... that all takes resources. you know, resources that would be much better served elsewhere if they aren't being taken advantage of in their current capacity.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • For the first time ever, I don't care if I get a single prize.
  • simpsonare
    2266 posts Member
    Another reason why it's better in Springfield
    y3in22h.jpg
    QExzbDy.jpg
    Literally anything can go there.
  • simpsonare
    2266 posts Member
    Oops, need to move bench from itchy and scratchy. Just did some redesigning
  • The lag is being caused by the Injury 500 animation.
  • simpsonare
    2266 posts Member
    My krustyland is so much better in Springfield!!!
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    My krustyland is so much better in Springfield!!!

My krustyland is so much better in storage!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • I kinda like the event. We love theme parks, so I like the idea of expanding it.

As far as the lag....rotating one track to stop the animation helped with moving around the town lag.....but not group selection management lag.

EA (appears) to have addressed the glitch so hopefully they will (appear) to fix the lag issues too.
  • 1MikeyM
    336 posts Member
    simpsonare wrote: »
    Another reason why it's better in Springfield
    y3in22h.jpg
    QExzbDy.jpg
    Literally anything can go there.

Many apologies
    I'm relatively new to this forum
    But isn't there a separate showoff part to it?
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    cjryder625 wrote: »
    my games working fine now I managed to get in but I can't find the crafting menu. Does it appear after the quest line is finished?

I don't have it either, Im currently at The Itchy-est place pt. 5
  • Homer47G wrote: »
    The lag is being caused by the Injury 500 animation.

True story. 1. I place primary Injury 500 building near to I&S gate. 2. All "Injury 500 corner" connect corectly without fire. Try it will be better ;)
  • I'm certainly not in love with this event yet. Being forced to nuke KL seems unnecessary to me as a player (perhaps there are developer issues that make it necessary) because it ran smoothly and was there but not essential.. so why not just leave it there. I didn't use it but liked the design. Removing it from the game doesn't seem to have made an impact on the play-ability of Springfield... unless that's where the new land came from? dunno, not a developer.

What I would have preferred (again, perhaps there are development issues here...) is another map to make a standalone Itchy & Scratchy Land. They gave us the helicopter, and it could have been made the same way as the bus for KL, tap, transport to I&S Land, as per the episode.. anyway, sure there's a reason why not.

The new land is excellent. The item increase is fine compared to previous increases but still, IMO, not enough. If you're at the limit you're being asked to move a fully-functional map into an increase of 600. When I put my KL into storage I had 9 separate groups, each with 150-200 items. It's just not possible for me to move it across as it was, but also many of the decorations wouldn't be needed anyway so there is some room to play with it. I've actually just merged it with the Itchy & Scratchy area, cutting away the decorations almost entirely, and I am still under the limit - but there is a lot more to come, so we'll see...

What's worse than all of this is that, once again, an event is launched with such major bugs that many say it is unplayable. The lag when placing items from storage, especially when they are asking you to store large chunks of a town on another map, and just playing in general is excruciating. Sure, disconnect the track, but this is one of the first items you get. It's really not good enough, and not the first time it has happened either.

Add to that the issues many had when nuking first of all, myself included. I nuked my Springfield about 10 days ago and that went through just fine on my iPad, but the app crashed when I tried it on KL. And even when I figured it out and succeeded using my phone instead, the app still crashes when I come back to my town from the friends visits. And some players don't even have their friend towns showing.

Whatever the reason, and not pointing fingers at EA or anyone, the user experience is not a good one. There will be patches, but you want to play and when you're met with Cannot Find Server for hours after it's released - demand, obviously - the game is making it difficult to do that.

So yeah, with everything I don't like above there are reasons but as a player I just want it to work, and it seems each time there is a big event it doesn't work well enough.
  • simpsonare
    2266 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @mikeymoore241
    Depends if you want it in the showcase. There is not a restriction to sharing in-game photos in a discussion.

And yes there is a showcase of other Springfields if that is what you are asking.
  • cjryder625
    1419 posts Member
    cjryder625 wrote: »
    that's strange I'm on part 5 and it still hasn't appeared!! I can see it vaguely in the background so know it's there but tapping on it doesn't do anything. If it's not there in the morning I might do a reinstall.

So when you tap the Itchy and Scratchy Gate it should have the options
    -Staff Rides, and
    -Craft an Item (which should take you to the crafting in the event menu). You have the gate don't you?

You should have four access points on your screen to get to the event menu and crafting, top right next to the Daily Challenges, bottom right next to the visiting friends icon, bottom left the question mark in the bar which shows the event currency you have (on top of the conform-o-meter) and the I&S Gate. What does your screen look like?

problem solved. It required Bart to trigger the craft option and he was on a 24hr job!! Triggered as soon as he finished and now I can craft items.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • 1MikeyM
    336 posts Member
    simpsonare wrote: »
    @mikeymoore241
    Depends if you want it in the showcase. There is not a restriction to sharing in-game photos in a discussion.

And yes there is a showcase of other Springfields if that is what you are asking.

Good to know