EA Forums - Banner

Call this the Event That Killed Tapped Out!

Replies

• adruralo wrote: »
    In my new redesign of KL in Springfield, I’ve never visited it so much as now collecting tickets etc. Before the update it was very rare I went to Krustyland.

I visited KL twice a day to clear tickets and play Sideshow You. When I set up my Krustyland in Springfield I expect that my habit won't change much.
  • JJHLH1
    126 posts Member
    I'm gonna call it the event that made it better.

I agree. I’m enjoying the game more now than ever. I love having a huge amount of land to develop a Krustyland - Itchy and Scratchy Land in SF without having it a separate part of the game as before.

I really love this game. So enjoyable to play.
  • What lag? My Springfield loads perfectly and I have no lag when scrolling across it.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • petehd14 wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Still lots of glitches. I can’t tap the KL characters. Other weird glitchy stuff too.

The ones with the balloon are the event critters. The ones that look like the old KL tourists have the same function - after a few hours they give tickets.

This is something they need to alter. Too confusing. Get rid of the Krustyland park visitors and just have the Itchy And Scratchy Land guests.
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    petehd14 wrote: »
    Still lots of glitches. I can’t tap the KL characters. Other weird glitchy stuff too.

The ones with the balloon are the event critters. The ones that look like the old KL tourists have the same function - after a few hours they give tickets.

This is something they need to alter. Too confusing. Get rid of the Krustyland park visitors and just have the Itchy And Scratchy Land guests.

And when the event ends, the new ones go away as they are for event currency, and we lose the regular ones that give us tickets?
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    petehd14 wrote: »

And when the event ends, the new ones go away as they are for event currency, and we lose the regular ones that give us tickets?

Nah, I'd rather see the new ones stay.
  • JJHLH1
    126 posts Member
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    Only because whiners griped about a 15 second splash screen. Now I've got a 15 second lag every time i try to move one of my group stored sets. After 30 minutes of trying to rebuild i gave up, it's impossible.

My KL won't even fit in my SF since they didn't increase the feature limit. It'll never be like it was.

While i may be able to build SF again with some ease, having this land surplus; it's a hefty price to pay, in having my KL destroyed and taken from me. It was my best design. I hate everyone who asked for or implemented this horrible and poorly executed change. I'm getting ready to start deleting people i no longer consider my neighbors. Thieves aren't neighbors.

I try and avoid confrontation but feel I must respond to this because I think a little perspective is in order.

First, you shouldn’t be calling your neighbors thieves. I’m one of the people you deleted. Insulting others is almost never a good idea. Many people here have paid hundreds of dollars on this game. Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t you a Freemium player? If so you should be thankful for these so called “thieves” because without them the game wouldn’t exist and you wouldn’t be able to play. Someone has to pay the bills.

Second, you also call people whiners, but here you are complaining over and over. Again, a little perspective is in order.

I say this respectfully, but you aren’t the only one who has spent a lot of time playing this game.
  • ramrod130
    511 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I agree completely. There was no reason to load up SF with all the KL stuff. It had its own separate section that had ZERO issues with lag.

Only because whiners griped about a 15 second splash screen. Now I've got a 15 second lag every time i try to move one of my group stored sets. After 30 minutes of trying to rebuild i gave up, it's impossible.

My KL won't even fit in my SF since they didn't increase the feature limit. It'll never be like it was.

While i may be able to build SF again with some ease, having this land surplus; it's a hefty price to pay, in having my KL destroyed and taken from me. It was my best design. I hate everyone who asked for or implemented this horrible and poorly executed change. I'm getting ready to start deleting people i no longer consider my neighbors. Thieves aren't neighbors.

1. A huge reason to get rid of KL is because it takes up a lot of server space for a small portion of the game that not many people went to. That server space is put to much better use in SF that everyone can enjoy..

2. They did up the item limit by 600, plus many extra land pieces that you got for free from your KL land pieces..

3. Nobody was openly saying that this should happen to KL, but it did, and opened up a ton of land and increased the item limit by a lot. Quit your whining.
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    *shrugs* Honestly they should have done this years ago. imo Only thing I got problems with is that now I'm more overwhelmed than I was before. Because I don't know where to put everything lol....
    As for lag? Seems to be same lag I deal with every day just a bit more so. Although I play on my computer using Bluestacks. So I can't really compare or understand actual lag problems with anyone else....I think the only reason mine does is because Bluestacks barely has any support for games really.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Can we stop calling every instance of criticism or disagreement whining?
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I agree completely. There was no reason to load up SF with all the KL stuff. It had its own separate section that had ZERO issues with lag.

You missed me when you deleted the "thieves" you "hate" so much, Im one of them so I saved you the trouble. I understand your upset, but calling people "thieves" because they dont agree with you is WAY over the line.

Happy tapping
    Post edited by daved7637397 on
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »

You missed me when you deleted the "thieves" you "hate" so much, Im one of them so I saved you the trouble. I understand your upset, but calling people "thieves" because they dont agree with you is WAY over the line.

Happy tapping

Yeah, if anyone's the 'thieves' it's the developers. They're the ones who took Krustyland away, not the players who wanted its removal.
  • bluntcard
    3901 posts Member
    People dumped on KL for five years so they let us move it to SF. What's the big deal? It's a game. Geeze.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • simpsonare
    2281 posts Member
    That's hilarious...

Deletes people calling them thieves.

What are you 14?

It's a game that made a major improvement in my eyes. The latter glory of my Springfield is so much much much better being able to put any item in Krustyland. We have a complete plot of land now instead of the rare KL occassions. I was literally on the bart toothchipper quest when this happened. I wasn't happy recently with the donuts I spent to finally complete my krustyland design. Felt meaningless and I was unhappy that i had to get rid of it. I didn't come to the forum and complain. I made the negative into a positive. And now my kl is better than i thought possible.

This update is awesome and sorry the op and you only want to complain when its clearly a update of improvement. Get your **** together and design.
  • 1MikeyM
    379 posts Member
    This all seems a little harsh
    I do get Mr Junks disappointment with the turn of events and it seems that it would have been relatively easy to avoid
    They could have just released the appropriate amount of land in Springfield that was big enough to hold our original Krustylands without any of this token nonsense
    It would have even helped if they gave us a heads up of what was going to happen so people could have prepared themselves.
    I don't agree with the assessment that this a reaction to player pressure though.
    After all if that was the case we would have cars on roads,a night mode,land we could buy with igc,a decent item limit and an area select tool that doesn't take eons to move stuff
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    People dumped on KL for five years so they let us move it to SF. What's the big deal? It's a game. Geeze.

The vocal minority will always create their own echo chamber when they're against something. The answer to your question, what's the big deal?, is that it really isn't a big deal.

EA isn't oblivious. They look at their usage data. They know KL has been a dud for years, so much so that they've made fun of it themselves on numerous occasions. There are people, very few people, who genuinely liked Krustyland but the vast majority of players either disliked or were indifferent to that expansion. As such things go, a change was made to favor the large majority. You can't please everyone. It's just not possible. I feel bad for the KL fans but it is what it is.

People are upset that what they worked so hard to build is gone but we should all keep in mind that one day this game will end and everything we built, bought, arranged, rearranged, etc. will disappear and all we'll have to show for it is a lingering fondness for something we probably spent too much time on.
  • 1MikeyM
    379 posts Member
    Well that's cheered me up no end
  • People are upset that what they worked so hard to build is gone but we should all keep in mind that one day this game will end and everything we built, bought, arranged, rearranged, etc. will disappear and all we'll have to show for it is a lingering fondness for something we probably spent too much time on.
    Speak for yourself.....I am going to enjoy the fruit of my years of labor for years AFTER EA pulls the plug.

When the end is neigh, I am going to a make a whole town single screenshot and then get a Groupon where I can have a 1,000 or 2,000 piece puzzle made of my town. In fact, I am going to have two of them made, one puzzle to complete, glue / frame / hang in our game room, and the other I can put together whenever I want to, even 10 years after TSTO is a long past memory.
    puzzle-1003.jpg?v=20170512-01

• People are upset that what they worked so hard to build is gone but we should all keep in mind that one day this game will end and everything we built, bought, arranged, rearranged, etc. will disappear and all we'll have to show for it is a lingering fondness for something we probably spent too much time on.
    Speak for yourself.....I am going to enjoy the fruit of my years of labor for years AFTER EA pulls the plug.

When the end is neigh, I am going to a make a whole town single screenshot and then get a Groupon where I can have a 1,000 or 2,000 piece puzzle made of my town. In fact, I am going to have two of them made, one puzzle to complete, glue / frame / hang in our game room, and the other I can put together whenever I want to, even 10 years after TSTO is a long past memory.

:D Looks like you've got it all covered. Well done.

I think you mentioned this once before. Great idea, I may have to steal it!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.