EA Forums - Banner

My game is unplayable. I tried moving and storing the track, but that didn't work...

Bomb319
117 posts Member
edited June 2018
I know there are several topics about this, but I've tried everything recommended in those topics and my game is slow enough to be literally unplayable! When I accidentally or intentionally select more than one building or feature to move, it just sits there seemingly frozen for several minutes at a time during which I can do nothing, as many of you already know.

The thing is, I heard that moving around the Injury track helped with this. It made no difference in my game. I moved the track pieces around to no avail. I stored them, also to no avail. Is there anything left I can try?? My Springfield is and always has been large, and there was significant lag when moving stuff even before the update - just not to this degree.

Thanks all!

Replies

• Castiel19x
    4275 posts Member
    Have you tried nuking Springfield.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Bomb319
    117 posts Member
    Oh God, I'd never do that :/ I've been building it up since 2012, and I'm incredibly proud of it! I have a coherent and relevant downtown with all the tall buildings concentrated into a skyline, have the monorail running through where I had to rebuild and spend hours to get it to look like that of a real city, etc. etc.
  • 1EllieG7294
    2375 posts Member
    Have you tried all of these?
    1. Disconnect Injury 500---You said you did, but wanted a complete list
    2. Disconnect monorails
    3. Do not move any road, river or land tiles with the buildings.
    4. Make sure you have plenty of space on your device, like 5 gb and clear your cache and reboot.
  • I can’t find where to get more straight track. I had placed one strip and planned to place more. Now I have 4 corners and one straight track and can’t progress. Please help
  • I can’t find where to get more straight track. I had placed one strip and planned to place more. Now I have 4 corners and one straight track and can’t progress. Please help
    The track pieces are craftable once you've progressed far enough in the Main questline. :smile:
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • How do you progress? By having Springfielders work the six second task? That’s the only way I can see and I’ve been doing that But it doesn’t look like anything is progressing
  • 1EllieG7294
    2375 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    What part of The Itchy-Est Place on Earth are you on?
    If you are on Pt. 3 Read the 5th post in this thread.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/221737/krustyland-update-bugs-and-issues-list#latest
  • P-dont
    121 posts Member
    Have you ever tried shutting down your device? Not just turning it off but completely off. When my game is slow, I do this and it works.
  • simpsonare
    2266 posts Member
    I'd recommend getting a new device. I have no issues.
  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    simpsonare wrote: »
    I'd recommend getting a new device. I have no issues.

4fb8b58495a729d6d55b38cbadc2183d--hilarious-memes-funniest-memes.jpg

if you hard. then you hard.
  • P-dont
    121 posts Member
    I don’t think it is my device, i’ve got an iphone 7 and an ipad from 2017. It should last me another year before its said to be too old. What do you have?
  • I've found turning off the base layer helps. The game seems to be selecting grass and buildings, even though grass can't be moved.
  • I've found turning off the base layer helps. The game seems to be selecting grass and buildings, even though grass can't be moved.

Yep.

I did a lot of "group select" from KL before nuking, and then I paved most of the "new KL" with the KL ground (the white/yellow-ish). But then I could not put my saved group on to the new KL, because of the paving, so I had to remove that (revert to grass) and try again, and then I could not move the stuff 1 small square, because it was on a "fixed pavement size" (4 squares) from the group save, and it took forever to get it right.

Totally confusing unless you have had the same problem and know what Im talking about.