EA Forums - Banner

Did I just screw myself out of dozens of land tokens?

Prev1
I got too excited about the update, and jumped into it without coming here to the forum first. That was stupid, and completely my fault. I nuked Krustyland without using up any of my remaining tickets to buy new land - when the game said "nuke" I assumed it was just a traditional nuke, as I've done to Springfield a couple of times already. I had no idea it would be permanent!

I never really worked much on KL, and that's also my fault. I thought it was boring and gave up on it not long after the story stopped pushing me to do so. As a result, I only got like 30 land tokens when I converted KL. Did I just lose out on a massive trove of the only real IMPORTANT currency that is left in the game?

I've learned how to KEM farm, so doughnuts are not a major obstacle (and I still throw EA some cash every now and again). I've built a (smallish) house farm, so money is not a real obstacle either. I'm patient, I understand how this game works. Land tokens are the only thing remaining that there is no way to grind out, so far as I know. Each new event seems to want to add LARGE buildings, and space is at a premium.

So what I want to know is this - am I screwed? Missing out on 70 land tokens from not optimizing KL is a HUGE penalty. Is there going to be a way to grind out the remaining land tokens I missed out on, or did I just give myself a massive and permanent handicap in this game?

Replies

• Yup, screwed.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Castiel19x
    4419 posts Member
    Yeah you loss out on a lot of land.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Well what about people who are new to the game? Starting now (or maybe after this event is over) means that there will never have been a KL at all for them, right? Does that mean that new players will never have a chance at getting 100 land tokens?
  • I got too excited about the update, and jumped into it without coming here to the forum first. That was stupid, and completely my fault. I nuked Krustyland without using up any of my remaining tickets to buy new land - when the game said "nuke" I assumed it was just a traditional nuke, as I've done to Springfield a couple of times already. I had no idea it would be permanent!

I never really worked much on KL, and that's also my fault. I thought it was boring and gave up on it not long after the story stopped pushing me to do so. As a result, I only got like 30 land tokens when I converted KL. Did I just lose out on a massive trove of the only real IMPORTANT currency that is left in the game?

I've learned how to KEM farm, so doughnuts are not a major obstacle (and I still throw EA some cash every now and again). I've built a (smallish) house farm, so money is not a real obstacle either. I'm patient, I understand how this game works. Land tokens are the only thing remaining that there is no way to grind out, so far as I know. Each new event seems to want to add LARGE buildings, and space is at a premium.

So what I want to know is this - am I screwed? Missing out on 70 land tokens from not optimizing KL is a HUGE penalty. Is there going to be a way to grind out the remaining land tokens I missed out on, or did I just give myself a massive and permanent handicap in this game?

I did the same thing, didn't used those tickets to get all the land. After I called about this issue to EA support that they should inform us before nuking that the number of land tokens we will receive is dependent on number of land squares we had before nuking they said they will look into it if enough people will call them. Then called in again on Thursday and asked for rollback. So instead of 32 tokens I was then able to spend all the KL tickets and got 76 land tokens after nuking. Which of course is not even close enough to get all the new available land but way better then 32. It was all worth it to me even though I lost about 1000 donuts in process that I already spent on all the new items and on stuff to increase my percentage. As you said with donut farming or in my case blood mobiles buying donuts are not the problem anymore. There is nothing to spend hundreds of millions of cash on anything anyway but to make donuts with accelerator running. I decided not to wait and hope they will do something about the problem in coming week as if I waited too long and then asked for rollback I would have also lost all the progress in the game. I absolutely don't regret the decision, I already caught up to my other two towns (I bought all the Krustyland land before nuking in those as I read the forum by then).
  • Castiel19x
    4419 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Well what about people who are new to the game? Starting now (or maybe after this event is over) means that there will never have been a KL at all for them, right? Does that mean that new players will never have a chance at getting 100 land tokens?

Yeah if there new then they will miss out. There will be a krustyland for them just not in a separate area from Springfield.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • kc1494
    1 posts Member
    Then called in again on Thursday and asked for rollback. So instead of 32 tokens I was then able to spend all the KL tickets and got 76 land tokens after nuking.

So can anyone ask for a rollback for any reason? What really happens? I hear about loss of purchases AND loss of donuts used for those purchases?
  • I only got 30 tiles myself (9 filled automatically on cash land tiles) and 21 land tokens. It's no big deal, but it seems like a pretty fundamental piece of information that EA decided not to make known.
  • 1MikeyM
    391 posts Member
    It's the spoiler that would have been worth knowing
  • I did the same thing, buddy. In my opinion, in a way, it shows that EA doesn't care about the fans.
  • You could take solace that if you didnt spend much time in KL you wouldnt have had the tickets to buy much more than 10 tokens.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    I did the opposite. I bought all the remaining land, then nuked. I only did it because I wanted all the left over debris. I had no idea it would count towards land tiles, nor the debris would be offered still.
  • same here. Never bothered with KL and only got 42 tokens.

Hope they make the land available for purchase via donuts
  • I did the same thing...I avoid spoilers and so missed this tip. I could have easily bought all of the land, because I had a huge number of tickets saved up. I wish this tip hadn't been buried in posts labeled as spoiler posts....it wouldn't have been a spoiler (at least in my mind) and I lost out big on this one. (It didn't help that the event started on a day when I was feeling very sick, so I was acting more rashly than usual.)

I hate being forced to lose Krustyland and shove this stuff into precious Springfield land. I already have enough amusement areas in my Springfield. And we're back to forced crafting of stuff we might not want to get to stuff we might want (and to get the necessary bonus bumps). Also, why are my Krustyland buildings and tourists still earning Krustyland tickets? What good are those now??

There have been events I've not been too crazy about before, but this is the first one I dislike to the point of being willing to say that I hate it.
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    I did the same thing...I avoid spoilers and so missed this tip. I could have easily bought all of the land, because I had a huge number of tickets saved up. I wish this tip hadn't been buried in posts labeled as spoiler posts....it wouldn't have been a spoiler (at least in my mind) and I lost out big on this one. (It didn't help that the event started on a day when I was feeling very sick, so I was acting more rashly than usual.)

I hate being forced to lose Krustyland and shove this stuff into precious Springfield land. I already have enough amusement areas in my Springfield. And we're back to forced crafting of stuff we might not want to get to stuff we might want (and to get the necessary bonus bumps). Also, why are my Krustyland buildings and tourists still earning Krustyland tickets? What good are those now??

There have been events I've not been too crazy about before, but this is the first one I dislike to the point of being willing to say that I hate it.

You are earning Krustyland tickets because you can still purchase Krustyland items. In your purchase menu there is a group for Krustyland. When you go to it you see how many tickets you have and what you can buy, which includes the parking lots that have proper sixed cars in them when you tap them. You can click on the Krustyland entrance to check you bonus for grub etc.

Sorry you hate this, really I am, because its a radical permanent change. Personally it has kept me playing as boredom with same old same old had hit and I was drifting away. I see this as hands down the best event since I started playing. ( pre Clash of Clones ) and I see months of organizing and merging areas.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Been playing since 2014 and was happy to nuke KL so I did the same thing you did. I didnt read the forum before nuking my KL. I cashed in my KL tickets (almost 500,000 for the minuscule cash and then only got 20 land tokens. My SF is now a mess. :'( Oh well, thats how it goes.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    I do feel sorry newer players. They will always be many land tokens behind, with no way to catch up.
  • HisWrath wrote: »
    I do feel sorry newer players. They will always be many land tokens behind, with no way to catch up.

By the time they catch up there might more ways to earn tokens. It's the players that had already bought all land and are short on space I feel for.

• HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    HisWrath wrote: »

By the time they catch up there might more ways to earn tokens. It's the players that had already bought all land and are short on space I feel for.
    If you bought all of the KL land then you got an equivalent amount of land tokens. Mind you, if you were close to the item limit then you might not be able to move everything anyway.

You are right that there may be ways to earn more tokens in the future. I would hope so. When we built KL you could go pretty much as fast as you were willing to grind. Now you have wait until EA doles out tokens, one by one, with potentially days or weeks in between. I think that would frustrate the heck out of me.
  • HisWrath wrote: »
    HisWrath wrote: »

If you bought all of the KL land then you got an equivalent amount of land tokens. Mind you, if you were close to the item limit then you might not be able to move everything anyway.

You are right that there may be ways to earn more tokens in the future. I would hope so. When we built KL you could go pretty much as fast as you were willing to grind. Now you have wait until EA doles out tokens, one by one, with potentially days or weeks in between. I think that would frustrate the heck out of me.

Yes it's been ridiculously slow with the tokens, six per big event is pretty pathetic.
    I was pretty lucky I had all the land before I nuked. I can thank my inability to look at unfinished tasks for long lol. I still have room to play with, but I'd prefer if I could've just bought all the land, now it's all uneven.

I wonder how many people asked for a rollback just to get back in KL and work on more tokens?

• DrTrowel
    15 posts Member
    I'll probably just get meme-d again, but I still say they should let us buy land with KL tickets, and set the max based on the old max size of Krustyland. The land price can ramp up as you buy more spaces, just as it ramps up as you buy more houses.