EA Forums - Banner

Has there ever been a movie event? What do you think about one?

I know Halloween takes a lot of movies with the event but what about just one where the main focus are movies
What movies would you like to see in the story of such imaginary event?

Replies

• simpsonare
    2286 posts Member
    Anything outside of the simpsons universe is rare. Everything with this game is based in its own reality. There will not likely be a event on movies played. This is not family guy.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Anything outside of the simpsons universe is rare. Everything with this game is based in its own reality. There will not likely be a event on movies played. This is not family guy.

I see :(

They could pull from movies that were seen on the show I know there have been some and think about the one homer helped Mel Gibson edit.
  • The Super Hero event was sort of movie themed. At the time one of the Avengers movies was just coming out. Always sorta thought the event was to capture hype going on fro the theaters.
    When there was The [Broken] Wheel. The horror... The Horror!

Unless they do movies that have been in the show but that would not be much content.
  • We have a drive-in theater that screens movie parodies. The longest is only three hours. I have suggested in the past that this theater have a movie marathon (perhaps showing The Simpson’s Movie?) for at least twelve and preferably 24 hours :)
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    simpsonare wrote: »

They could pull from movies that were seen on the show I know there have been some and think about the one homer helped Mel Gibson edit.

That episode was simply ghastly. A better basis for a “movie” event or mini-event might be the episode “A Star is Burns”.
    ZRL5WIB.png
  • If you really insist on this, they could have a generic "Hollywood" event with any celebrities that guest starred as themselves as characters. The problem would be any rights needed to use said likenesses in a video game. I doubt EA will shell out for that.....or Disney, if that merger goes through.
  • The closest thing we got to this style of event was THOH 2016, with Lisa as the director making a bunch of cheesy monster B-Movies.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Itchy & Scratchy Land kind of is a Jurassic Park event.

I'd love to see the Treehouse of Horror Harry Potter parody as an event, or how about one that parodies Ghostbusters?
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • simpsonare
    2286 posts Member
    Itchy & Scratchy Land kind of is a Jurassic Park event.

Not at all lol. I'll give the helicopter being slightly reminiscent because of the logo. But other than that, this has nothing to do with Jurassic Park. I guess if you prefer to see it as Jurassic Park. Shrug*
  • Some cameras would look great facing watkins x71bxs1pgtxn.png
  • kylemellev801
    163 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    simpsonare wrote: »

Not at all lol. I'll give the helicopter being slightly reminiscent because of the logo. But other than that, this has nothing to do with Jurassic Park. I guess if you prefer to see it as Jurassic Park. Shrug*

I think he means the episode that the TSTO event was based on, which was largely a parody of both Jurassic Park and Westworld.

I think he means the episode that the TSTO event was based on, which was largely a parody of both Jurassic Park and Westworld.

Yes, the episode was an obvious parody of Jurassic Park,
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • simpsonare
    2286 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    what are the comparisons besides a park opening up lol. What does a amusement park and a dinosaur land have in common?
    what are the comparisons besides a park opening up lol. What does a amusement park and a dinosaur land have in common?

A helicopter flight into an island theme park where the supposedly safe attractions turn out to be extremely unsafe. I'm also 90% certain the show used JP-esque music throughout the episode.

On the commentary track David Mirkin points out the inspiration of both Crichton novels. I've always thought the episode was 90% Westworld vs 10% Jurassic Park but to the younger crowd back in the 90's it was entirely received as a JP parody. Perhaps you are more like me and only saw the Westworld elements?