EA Forums - Banner

20 Donut Jet Bike in the Vault - Should I Go Nuts?

I can get the Jet Bike for 20 donuts - are these a better investment than Mystery Boxes to ramp up my %age?

Replies

• They are about the same. They take less time. They will be less items toward the item limit. It was in my vault and I went nuts. Pardon me. I'm gonna go buy some more. :)
  • simpsonare
    2149 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Mystery boxes are the best buy. Its 1000 donuts for 100% and about 800 donuts for 100% in the mystery box.
  • Semi-related....

It would be kinda cool if a player could turn in a batch of certain bonus % items and in exchange get a single item with the same total of bonus %. For example, they could turn in 100 jet bikes and/or news vans and/or billboards and in exchange get a sparkling black cube that takes only 10x10 units but that has a bonus % of all the 100 items combined. Both player and EA would benefit since multiple items would become one item. The downside would be players who complain that they "lost" dozens of jet bikes and would then contact support, etc.
  • lucienleon519
    959 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I never bother with jet bikes. Space isn't a problem for me and I'd rather pocket the extra 20% value of MBs.
  • I'm a sucker for the convenience of it. I buy as many as I can when it shows up in the vault.
    I like toast
  • up to you, I do not know if it still count as 2 items , if so, then you better be careful if you are near your item limit :p
  • I don’t get how Mystery boxes are a great deal. I buy them and get Krvash karts or other junk. Once awhile I get a Billboard, or the rare channel 6 van. But no way does it seem as good of deal as buying jet bikes. What am I missing?
  • I don’t get how Mystery boxes are a great deal. I buy them and get Krvash karts or other junk. Once awhile I get a Billboard, or the rare channel 6 van. But no way does it seem as good of deal as buying jet bikes. What am I missing?

You're missing the pattern. A member here posted a chart a while back showing the sequence of MB prizes ( I couldn't tell you where it is, sorry). A typical sequence would run Honda/Pond/news van/donuts (10 or 30), followed by shelter/kalash stand/I&S billboard/Lard Lad Land.

I only ever buy boxes once I've built up enough donuts to get at least 20 of them.
  • Muhsterino
    4250 posts Member
    I don’t get how Mystery boxes are a great deal. I buy them and get Krvash karts or other junk. Once awhile I get a Billboard, or the rare channel 6 van. But no way does it seem as good of deal as buying jet bikes. What am I missing?

You're missing the pattern. A member here posted a chart a while back showing the sequence of MB prizes ( I couldn't tell you where it is, sorry). A typical sequence would run Honda/Pond/news van/donuts (10 or 30), followed by shelter/kalash stand/I&S billboard/Lard Lad Land.

I only ever buy boxes once I've built up enough donuts to get at least 20 of them.
    From page 24 of the ‘what is your multiplier’ thread, posted September 5th 2017:
    girl22721 wrote: »
    Okay, here's my chart based on purchasing and tracking the results from many thousands of mystery boxes... there are 8 different patterns of prizes (I've assigned them letters A to H) which follow a fixed order to make two sequences (blue and red) as listed below the chart. The game repeats each sequence 8 times then alternates to the other sequence (the switchover between them actually happens mid-sequence, so please be prepared for a minor change during each 8th iteration)! Enjoy!

oPPaclO.jpg

Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • gypsymacgyver
    184 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Semi-related....

It would be kinda cool if a player could turn in a batch of certain bonus % items and in exchange get a single item with the same total of bonus %. For example, they could turn in 100 jet bikes and/or news vans and/or billboards and in exchange get a sparkling black cube that takes only 10x10 units but that has a bonus % of all the 100 items combined. Both player and EA would benefit since multiple items would become one item. The downside would be players who complain that they "lost" dozens of jet bikes and would then contact support, etc.

Different colour cubes for different %?

Wasn't there a car crushing yard in the Simpsons once? Could crush the Vans together into cubes!

ETA: https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Auto_Wrecking_Yard
    There we go.

There is a pattern to the boxes. With the donuts you receive from the mystery box it ends up being about 8 donuts for 1% bonus. You also get income generating building this way (lard lads i have a nice farm of them at the edge of my map). Plus all the extra crap you get from the MB you can sell for cash as well.

The JEB equal to 10 donuts per 1%. So its a matter of, do you have time to go through all the boxes and sell and place everything. Of id you have item limits your concerned about. Usually by the time you get to be concerned by items limits, your at a high enough bonus percentage that it doesn't matter what you go for anymore, your making enough that 20% isnt as important.
  • Semi-related....

Different colour cubes for different %?

Wasn't there a car crushing yard in the Simpsons once? Could crush the Vans together into cubes!

ETA: https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Auto_Wrecking_Yard
    There we go.

RfAgRYM.jpg
    I like toast