EA Forums - Banner

Donuts going missing?

Prev1
Zacabeb
70 posts Member
I'm having an issue where some of the time the donuts (or bonuts) I've earned from filling the XP bar disappear after I quit the game.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Replies

• 168sean168
    4082 posts Member
    You probably did a rollback? After one previous rollback it took me like 5 days for game to be back to normal. I am currently experiencing this too. Today is the fifth day.

In another earlier rollback I believed I broke the spell by buying a premium item. But this doesn't work this time round.
  • There is a huge bug here and it is easy to report, and it cost me several hundred donuts!

To reproduce, build dozens of bloodmobiles (with xp bonus active). In the middle of placing one, network drops, game goes to the no network screen. Log back in, the bloodmobiles are built, but I don't get the DONUTS for leveling up several levels. Wasted 2 weeks of mining. Very frustrating!
  • 11EEvey
    2749 posts Member
    The solution is to do less at a time. I only do 8 to 10 rat trap trucks at a time because after 10, I know it will disconnect. And sometimes it will lose a box anyway without a disconnect. They are basically free donuts so they are not going to make it any easier than they have.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    The solution is to do less at a time. I only do 8 to 10 rat trap trucks at a time because after 10, I know it will disconnect. And sometimes it will lose a box anyway without a disconnect. They are basically free donuts so they are not going to make it any easier than they have.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCP0RKD3LqJ8_0s3-RSGSYB2Ox-OIyfQvk9d-2waN0v-rCvHD5ww
    This particular glitch has been discussed here on the forum a number of times in the past. It’s a long-standing issue that will probably never really be addressed by the TSTO dvelopement team. The stop-gap solution, as noted by @EllieGuseman, is to cap the possible negative fallout by limiting the number RTTs placed at one time. (I usually go with 10-15.)
  • Zacabeb
    70 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The behavior that I'm experiencing is a bit weird.

When the Bonus Level Up window appears, if I get awarded only one donut and accept it, I get to keep it. If I get two or three, they'll add to the counter but not to the stash.

Seems to be a broken script and maybe corrupt data in the save in spite of having gotten a rollback to a 4 month old save.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Zacabeb wrote: »
    The behavior that I'm experiencing is a bit weird.

When the Bonus Level Up window appears, if I get awarded only one donut and accept it, I get to keep it. If I get two or three, they'll add to the counter but not to the stash.

Seems to be a broken script and maybe corrupt data in the save in spite of having gotten a rollback to a 4 month old save.

Have you tried the solution proposed above by @168sean168 ? Or the usual nostrums like a delete/re-install? Failing those it would seem that your only option is to re-contact EA.

• Zacabeb
    70 posts Member
    Have you tried the solution proposed above by @168sean168 ? Or the usual nostrums like a delete/re-install? Failing those it would seem that your only option is to re-contact EA.

Yes, I tried it and it unfortunately didn't help.

I opened a support ticket with EA two days ago, so I'm currently awaiting their advice.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member

I opened a support ticket with EA two days ago, so I'm currently awaiting their advice.

Well, good luck.

• 168sean168
    4082 posts Member

How was the status so far? I realised that for my current rollback , the donuts issue like what you are facing has not gone away even after 10 days.
  • This problem started yesterday in my Springfield. The donuts I earn from experience will disapear when I exit or go to a friends town. I uninstalled and reinstalled, that didn't resolve the problem. Contacted EA they gave me 50 donuts and said "A check of your account is not showing any sort of errors that would prevent you from claiming and using donuts." But the donuts earned from XP definitely disappear when i exit
  • 168sean168
    4082 posts Member
    This problem started yesterday in my Springfield. The donuts I earn from experience will disapear when I exit or go to a friends town. I uninstalled and reinstalled, that didn't resolve the problem. Contacted EA they gave me 50 donuts and said "A check of your account is not showing any sort of errors that would prevent you from claiming and using donuts." But the donuts earned from XP definitely disappear when i exit

It started for me since I rollback. It has been 12 days. A portion of varying earned amounts will disappear as I sync the game.
  • Zacabeb
    70 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »

How was the status so far? I realised that for my current rollback , the donuts issue like what you are facing has not gone away even after 10 days.

I've actually waited after opening the ticket to figure out myself when and how the issue appears, because I occasionally get to keep some of the earned donuts. But the issue persists for me too.
  • I was hit with this glitch also. I found this works to keep your Donuts:
    1. Level up and collect as many donuts as you wish.
    2. Do not exit the game, but open settings go to apps select Tapped Out, select storage, clear cache, go back to your game.
    3. Go to your friends screen, visit a town, tap on three people or buildings or whatever the event tells you to tap on. Go back to your town.
    4. Yay! Your Donuts are there.
  • My latest theory on when donuts go missing is that it's when you get three in the lottery.

If you get one or two, they're likely to stay. I'm basing this on adding up how many single and double donuts I'm getting from planting Rat Trap Delivery Trucks and then adding that to the previously safe amount of donuts.

So, for instance, if I level up five times and stay with the first picks in the donut lottery, and it produces the following:
    1) 3 donuts
    2) 1 donut
    3) 2 donuts
    4) 3 donuts
    5) 2 donuts

Then, the total number of donuts is 11. But there are only 5 donuts altogether if counting only singles and doubles. So that's what I'd get to keep, since the game throws out the triplets.

And that seems consistent with how the game behaves. I'm not sure what happens if you get one donut at first and click again and win two; If that counts as one, two, or no donuts.

But the game apparently no longer likes us earning 3 donuts at once.
  • Zacabeb
    70 posts Member
    I've done some further testing, and the basic problem is as stated before; it's when you earn a triple of donuts that they'll be refused to be added to your tally on the server.

But in some cases even triples do register, and I'm not sure why. I haven't noticed any definitive pattern to that yet.

My last attempt (farming rat trap trucks) earned me only 14 donuts when it should have been 57 donuts, had they all been counted.
  • 168sean168
    4082 posts Member
    I've done some further testing, and the basic problem is as stated before; it's when you earn a triple of donuts that they'll be refused to be added to your tally on the server.

But in some cases even triples do register, and I'm not sure why. I haven't noticed any definitive pattern to that yet.

My last attempt (farming rat trap trucks) earned me only 14 donuts when it should have been 57 donuts, had they all been counted.

Thanks for sharing. When I played rat trap trucks levels up. Out of five rat trucks. I will lose about 1 to 2 trucks worth of donut.
  • @Zacabeb , in one latest instance, instead of getting 146 donuts, after syncing I got 88 only. A loss of 58 donuts
  • 168sean168
    4082 posts Member
    @Zacabeb I think my game is back to normal. Took 18 days to be normalised. I am not sure whether it became normal by itself but the last odd thing I did was not to sell my rat trap trucks and synced my game. I noted the donuts count was correct. I did a couple of rounds and all were correct. I sold the RTT and it was still alright.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    @Zacabeb I think my game is back to normal. Took 18 days to be normalised. I am not sure whether it became normal by itself but the last odd thing I did was not to sell my rat trap trucks and synced my game. I noted the donuts count was correct. I did a couple of rounds and all were correct. I sold the RTT and it was still alright.

Good for you Sean! It took forever but Im glad its all better now
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 168sean168
    4082 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »

Good for you Sean! It took forever but Im glad its all better now

Thank you @daved7637397 !