EA Forums - Banner

Maw Spuckler available

Replies

• How long is Maw available for? Is she event timed or will she still be there once the event finishes?
  • joniferous wrote: »
    How long is Maw available for? Is she event timed or will she still be there once the event finishes?

This says she goes away 7/11
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/221693/itchy-scratchy-land-dates
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • robynb1
    15 posts Member
    can she staff rides?
  • simpsonare
    2321 posts Member
    I bought her because I love the Spucklers but at $20 I’d think she could have at least been voiced.
    At $10 I wouldn’t have thought twice about it but $20 is a lot for another mute in town.

What are her visible actions? Can you gif them?
  • simpsonare
    2321 posts Member
    As for me... I'm waiting until July to decided if I will bill my Sprint account for August. My only inclination for the purchase is to support the game. Don't need the donuts and not sure if I'm overly wowed by Ma. But I think I may get her just to help the games revenue.

With that said... if they try going for the 50 slot next month... I will probably have to reject that offer for whatever character/building they would bring. For 50, I could nearly get a new xbox game vs a animated person with sentences as task. And maybe two visual things. 20 for me is steep personally. Especially when you consider the offering. It's not about donuts anymore for some of us who have graciously supported the game in past times. So the purchasable content should really be something that is memorable or stands out.

So with a $10 purchase I would do nearly without thinking each event. When it's $20 I will question the content and wonder what my finances want to go to.
  • 0Brooders0
    2194 posts Member
    I got her because I have to have ALL the characters for my 100% collection... but I'm not a happy shopper at the price :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I got her because I have to have ALL the characters for my 100% collection... but I'm not a happy shopper at the price :#

ylYZaLt.jpg
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • @mallratcal No. That task is not one she’s capable of doing. :'(
    @robynb1 No. She’s useless for the event.
    W.G.
  • doubleyewgee
    135 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    simpsonare wrote: »
    I bought her because I love the Spucklers but at $20 I’d think she could have at least been voiced.
    At $10 I wouldn’t have thought twice about it but $20 is a lot for another mute in town.

What are her visible actions? Can you gif them?

I will get pics for you. Her 12 hour is a visual task at a trash can.
    Updated below.
    Post edited by doubleyewgee on
    W.G.
  • doubleyewgee
    135 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    W.G.
  • I feel kind of bad that the Spuckler kids won't have a gramma, but twenty bucks with not even extra donuts on top of the 300, no maw for Cletus.
  • @doubleyewgee your corn maze is cool! But you made me go check my XP collider :pensive:
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Ok, I kinda knew it would happen, but I gave in to temptation and bought her. I feel so dirty. I'm off to take a shower to try to wash the shame away!
  • adruralo
    3290 posts Member
    I don’t get it, the complaints are about Maw being expensive.
    £20 or $20 is for 300 donuts, Maw is the bonus.
    Can someone enlighten me?
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    I don't know why you guys whine so much if you look at it this way your paying for 300 doughnuts and you get her free. But for some odd reason you think you need to have a 10 billion xp bouns. I get there is nothing left to buy but for some strange reason you keep farming doughnuts.
  • adruralo wrote: »
    I don’t get it, the complaints are about Maw being expensive.
    £20 or $20 is for 300 donuts, Maw is the bonus.
    Can someone enlighten me?

I suspect the complaints are from people who don't need donuts and just want the character. If you can spend 5 minutes plopping down bloodmobiles and get 300 donuts, you sure don't want to spend real money on it.
  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    Snakeyees wrote: »
    I don't know why you guys whine so much if you look at it this way your paying for 300 doughnuts and you get her free. But for some odd reason you think you need to have a 10 billion xp bouns. I get there is nothing left to buy but for some strange reason you keep farming doughnuts.

sound like a sucker trying to justify his purchase.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    tapebelt wrote: »
    Snakeyees wrote: »

sound like a sucker trying to justify his purchase.

Not really, at least I see his point. I joked around about feeling dirty when I bought her, but to be honest, I would pay $20 every now and then to help the game stay afloat, even if I recieved nothing directly in return. Think of how many hours of entertainment you have recieved over the years. Think of how much you have spent. Now think of how much it would have cost if it was a family guy-like game where they gouge you at every turn. All in all, I still think this game is a decent value. And when you consider there are people who have never spent a single penny on it, that value goes way up.

Just my $0.03 worth.
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    Ok, I kinda knew it would happen, but I gave in to temptation and bought her. I feel so dirty. I'm off to take a shower to try to wash the shame away!

I guess I will have to visit her in your town. I'm too cheap! :p I have spent plenty on this game in the past, though.
  • mystery2mi wrote: »

I guess I will have to visit her in your town. I'm too cheap! :p I have spent plenty on this game in the past, though.

I'll try to remember to keep her on visual tasks for a while. As I said above, it was more of a support the game move then for any other reason (although I do try to get all the characters) it certainly wasnt cause I need the donuts. But thats just me, other peoples motivations may vary.