EA Forums - Banner

Question about KEM farming

So I've Been thinking about getting into KEM farming since it seems to be the quickest way to level up but there's some questions I think need to be answered first.

1) How to I set it up efficiently
2) Do I need to be a certain level to do this
3) Will I be able to gain back the money/donuts I use

I'll post more question as I come up with them

Replies

• I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • gbh4
    27 posts Member
    So basically, buy KEMs, collect XP. Sell KEMs.
    Repeat.
  • gbh4 wrote: »
    Repeat.

You get A+ on the test :wink:
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • wiedmannaj
    1125 posts Member
    As for your efficiency question, I do blocks of 54, 9 (short) x 6 (long), in rows of 2, walled off, and separated by unsellable 1 grid wide items (Itchy & Scratchy Billboards are ideal, since you will want to increase your multiplier by buying mystery boxes). This way, you can sell all 54 at once with the multi-select tool. I do two blocks of 54, so I just set it at the beginning, and build 18, reach the end of the row, then it automatically starts the next row going back the other way. When it reaches the other end, it jumps to the next row, but not right at the end. It is still aligned, though, so you can keep going. As long as you don't have empty space around, you can build them all without having to position them.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I've included a link to my farming guide.
    Here it is :
    gbh4 wrote: »
    Repeat.
    But also have the XP collector on. And remember to curse the slowness of the donut selection screen. I felt like Shania Twain when i started winning the donut battle. I farmed sustainably, just enough quik-e-marts so your money doesn't go to zero but kind of stays even over time. With some fluctuating, obviously. Then as your town grows and earns more money daily you can add more marts to your farming batches. That's it, realky.

Switch to Rat trap trucks when you're done spending money on other things. Then when your income bonus % gets high enough, you won't even notice the financial hit from the trucks.

• I've included a link to my farming guide.
    Here it is :
    gbh4 wrote: »
    Repeat.
    But also have the XP collector on. And remember to curse the slowness of the donut selection screen. I felt like Shania Twain when i started winning the donut battle. I farmed sustainably, just enough quik-e-marts so your money doesn't go to zero but kind of stays even over time. With some fluctuating, obviously. Then as your town grows and earns more money daily you can add more marts to your farming batches. That's it, realky.

Switch to Rat trap trucks when you're done spending money on other things. Then when your income bonus % gets high enough, you won't even notice the financial hit from the trucks.

So what is the maximum I should buy to break even?
  • Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Personally i wrote down how much i made in a 4 hour period on average then found out how many i could buy and but only spend 75% of my 4 hour income. This way im always gaining money and events don't have to factor in.

• Looks like I'm gonna need a house farm... and due to price increases I feel this is gonna be a long and painful haul to set up in order to finance it all
  • Looks like I'm gonna need a house farm... and due to price increases I feel this is gonna be a long and painful haul to set up in order to finance it all

I've never had a house farm and happily KEM farm. I started off with a bonus % of somewhere between 60-80 as well so it's not essential to have a farm or high multiplier. As long as you have enough characters and buildings earning you enough to fund your KEMs every four hours you're fine.

The other posters have given you links to the resources you need further up.