EA Forums - Banner

Sharing my Log Ride

13Next

Replies

• woyaodabian
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The Ride's color is so similar to Murderhorn, i'm seriously considering building the ride around it.

ok, i finally have enough money for a simple set up.

afpSSLf.jpg

• Going BIG....

Can't wait for rollercoaster.

Ug7BRWq.jpg
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    wow. these are inspiring designs. I'm basically plopping things until the event is over
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    Here is my attempt at assembling the log ride :) I look forward to seeing other creations! (and yes... I get a laugh from watching Homer and his family enjoying the ride lol!) ;)
    J8FPBO4.png

Where can I get that tent in the center? Edit: oh that's the pins tent.....
  • Willy9292
    1759 posts Member
    I have started tinkering with mine. I can't get screenshots of both racetrack and log ride...pieces keep disappearing on one or the other, no matter what screen resolution I use. Look forward to turning animations off.
    x86AUp8.png
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    Here is my attempt at assembling the log ride :) I look forward to seeing other creations! (and yes... I get a laugh from watching Homer and his family enjoying the ride lol!) ;)
    J8FPBO4.png

Cool design.

So what pieces did you use to align your Log Ride so perfectly?

I am having difficulties getting my own Log Ride pieces to line up.
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    I've been redesigning my log ride for days, as i keep trying to save for the loop, but instead i expand the ride a bit more each time.

I had intended to make a kiddie log ride for KL and a wild new ride for I&SLand, but I'm now committed to them being combined, along with the mountain i stole from another area, which i replaced with the sun blocker mountain. Not quite the same but...

2300 more to get that loop will put me ready for zoominator track levels, so i guess I'm on schedule with crafting...

My primary challenge right now is getting the new ride assembled to function. My picture above is not fully assembled. The illusion of completeness actually looks better aligned when they're not connected.

But when i saw the Simpson family animation in the ride, i HAD to get it working. Ugh, perfectionism is a disease...
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • simpsonare
    2363 posts Member
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    I have started tinkering with mine. I can't get screenshots of both racetrack and log ride...pieces keep disappearing on one or the other, no matter what screen resolution I use. Look forward to turning animations off.
    x86AUp8.png

Yeah @Willy9292 having both of my rides connected caused the characters to have a glitchy walk. So I'll probably only keep the next roller coaster coming out and connected.
  • Albionmoonlight2
    50 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I thought my log ride was cool until I saw all of yours! Good grief! You folks are impressive. Anyway, I do like this ride a lot, especially with the Simpsons riding on it.
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Well now that it's finally connected i see the water is flowing opposite what i expected. I thought they went UP that big incline section. Doh!

I worked my **** off trying to make it look like they board at the saw Mill, go up the purple mountain, around the top, and down the tan mountain, through the splash down then around the big loop, then back to the exit with the stairs.

And, it is creating lag so i can't even leave it running. What a goof, i have to laugh. I may redesign the whole thing yet again.

FqmIf25.jpg
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • They are suppose to go up the sloped side and fall down the steep side. But if you put the main building at the front of the ride (like you have it) they go the other way. The building always sends the riders out the left side. There are needles on the steep side that they are suppose to fall towards like in the episode of I&S land.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    Well now that it's finally connected i see the water is flowing opposite what i expected. I thought they went UP that big incline section. Doh!

I worked my **** off trying to make it look like they board at the saw Mill, go up the purple mountain, around the top, and down the tan mountain, through the splash down then around the big loop, then back to the exit with the stairs.

And, it is creating lag so i can't even leave it running. What a goof, i have to laugh. I may redesign the whole thing yet again.

so cool! going to steal that mill idea ;p
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Ok i did it. The entrance is at the Mill. They go out and UP the mountain, around the top, and down the original log ride, then behind it, through the loop, and they exit down the stairs.

I had to move the log ride facade to the other side to manipulate which way the water flows. ( Thanks for that tip! ) In doing so i created a wheelchair access entrance too, that bypasses the steps at the front of the mill. I also added some more snow on top to unify the mountain and track piece. I might actually keep this design....
    m9jfhGS.jpg

I like the prehistoric theme though now too. Nice work there. Integrating new and old features is my favorite part of town designing.