EA Forums - Banner

Next event predictions?

Replies

• The no-bug event is top of my list. This is where you can play anytime without connection issues that potentially set back progress and force premium purchases to collect all items.

Would be nice
  • we 'll know a bit early all info once again apparently so get ready

By Monday we'll know?
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • we 'll know a bit early all info once again apparently so get ready

I'm hoping for a weeklong buffer between this event and whatever mini or promotion they throw at us. I'd like a little time to farm and boost my multiplier.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6280 posts Moderator
    CHILI COOKOFF Take Two

I’m down for this. There’s still a lot of content they can add for the Chilli Cook-Off
  • Castiel19x
    4274 posts Member
    CHILI COOKOFF Take Two

I’m down for this. There’s still a lot of content they can add for the Chilli Cook-Off

Still waiting for the space coyote to make its return so I'd like to see this as well.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • CHILI COOKOFF Take Two

I suppose there are a few odds and ends.
    The Springfield Chili Cook-Off banner, Ferl Dixon and the Second Helping Boys stage and dance floor w/ Honky Tonk Smithers skin, Muntz Family Chili booth, Old Elihu's Yale Style Saltpeter Chili booth, Professor Frink's Virtual Chili booth, Moe's Chili bar, Bob's All-Night Furniture Store, and wrecked hot pants freighter decoration for the ocean.

Nothing in that group screams "must have" but I wouldn't mind the hot pants freighter.

Side note: The Krustyland cotton candy stand is actually from the chili cook-off in this episode.
  • Itchy and Scratchy 2

You get pieces to build a NASCAR track, log ride, and a wooden rollercoaster! :neutral:
  • bluntcard
    3857 posts Member
    This event was AWESOME. Complaints aside. I'm so happy EA listened to our request to move KL to SF and threw in some new rides to boot. Now all the weird event stuff that doesn't fit in SP has a home.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    This event was AWESOME. Complaints aside. I'm so happy EA listened to our request to move KL to SF and threw in some new rides to boot. Now all the weird event stuff that doesn't fit in SP has a home.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here but the event itself was extremely dull. The result of this event (nuking KL, getting Itchy & Scratchy) was a positive development but the event itself (gameplay, storyline, prizes) was boring, tedious, and altogether underwhelming.

The intro dialogue was very funny, some of the premium items were good, and nuking KL was something most people really wanted. Everything besides that was sub-par for me.
  • The intro dialogue was very funny, some of the premium items were good, and nuking KL was something most people really wanted. Everything besides that was sub-par for me.

If I couldn't pick up premium items from this event (and accompanying Mystery Boxes) it would've been a massive yawn fest. What was on offer for freemium players?

- three rides of questionable/varying aesthetic value
    - boring, grinding task list to win mostly pieces for those rides
    - a 'meh' prizetrack that included forgettable characters, a measly amount of crafting currency as prize 4 and the inevitable drip-feed of land tokens

• The intro dialogue was very funny, some of the premium items were good, and nuking KL was something most people really wanted. Everything besides that was sub-par for me.

If I couldn't pick up premium items from this event (and accompanying Mystery Boxes) it would've been a massive yawn fest. What was on offer for freemium players?

- three rides of questionable/varying aesthetic value
    - boring, grinding task list to win mostly pieces for those rides
    - a 'meh' prizetrack that included forgettable characters, a measly amount of crafting currency as prize 4 and the inevitable drip-feed of land tokens.

I can't agree with you on the characters. Itchy, Bort, Diane, and Corporal Punishment aren't "forgettable" characters. Well, yeah probably Diane is. Anyway, besides the characters, the prize track and crafting were both quite bad.

• stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Summer Bart Of Darkness Mini event (I doubt we could all these stuff but I can dream right)

We get the pool mobile, Bart with Leg in a cast skin, L. B. "Jeff" Jefferies, Ravi Shankar, Amish Looking Man. The Simpson's pool and Martin's pool are released. The pools come with new tasks for Homer and Martin in their respective pools. Homer has three tasks to lounge in the pool in his underwear and becomes the fountain centerpiece to a dance number. Lastly to swim in the pool with Algae and think the Blob is after him.

Martin has tasks to cheer for more friends to jump in his pool while he's in a inner tube. Pool gets to maximum capacity of kids and at the end of the task it breaks like in the episode. Everyone then runs away. He finally sings summer wind which EA miraculously gets the rights for.

L.B. tasks (with Greenwich Village apartment)
    Watch neighbors with binoculars (visual)
    Call for help because the sinsiter looking boy is coming to kill him (visual)
    Talk with Grace (Greenwich Village apartment)
    Read a book (Greenwich Village apartment)
    Watch Rear Window (Greenwich Village apartment)
    Take pictures with camera (visual)
    Try to stay cool (Greenwich Village apartment)
    Witness a murder (Greenwich Village apartment)

Amish Looking Man

Build barn shaped pool (visual)
    Build Barn (visual)
    Explain to Homer that's a fine Barn but it be no pool (joint task with Homer and visual)
    Milk Cow (visual)
    Ride in horse drawn carriage (visual)
    Feed Chickens (visual)
    Sleep (brown house)
    Try to convince the Simpsons to give up electricity (Simpsons house)

Ravi Shankar

Play sitar (visual)
    Correct Krusty on the pronunciation of his name (joint task with Krusty) (visual)
    Perform on the Krusty the Clown Show (channel 6 studios)
    Play with George Harrison (at Brown house)
    Perform with Bleeding Gums Murphy (Joint task with Bleeding Gums outside Jazz Hole)
    Dance (visual)
    Compose new music (brown house)
    Listen to western music (brown house)

Bart Cast Skin

Watch Krusty the Clown re runs (Simpsons house)
    Look through Springfield's seemy underbelly with telescope (visual)
    Warn Lisa she's in danger (visual)
    Try to stop Flanders with all those things stuck to his leg (visual)
    Witness what looked like a murder (Simpsons house)
    Tell Lisa he witnessed a murder (joint task with Lisa) (visual)
    Angrily watch everyone have fun in the pool (Simpsons house)
    Read old mad magazines (visual)
  • I hope they do a firestation event soon - I really want one in my town
    Life is hard, and then you nap!

• I can't agree with you on the characters. Itchy, Bort, Diane, and Corporal Punishment aren't "forgettable" characters. Well, yeah probably Diane is. Anyway, besides the characters, the prize track and crafting were both quite bad.

Yeah, Itchy is an essential character. Scratchy would want to be offered as a regular store purchase though, I wonder how likely that is.
  • jaythecanadian
    637 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I hope they do a firestation event soon - I really want one in my town

Already been done which was in 2016.....it was called Crook and Ladder.
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • bluntcard
    3857 posts Member
    Oh, so there are some people who are hoping events will be entertaining? They are all kind of long and boring to me. I guess I just play for the stuff these days.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    Oh, so there are some people who are hoping events will be entertaining? They are all kind of long and boring to me. I guess I just play for the stuff these days.

Some of the quests have been pretty funny. It helps that the writers from the show also write the game dialogue...
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    we 'll know a bit early all info once again apparently so get ready

I'm hoping for a weeklong buffer between this event and whatever mini or promotion they throw at us. I'd like a little time to farm and boost my multiplier.

A week later and still no info. Good job.

Oh and @stingray1122 I've been bringing up the Pool Mobile for years. And at this point it'd make no sense especially since they don't allow vehicles on roads....so giving us this would defeat the purpose.....
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    simpsonare wrote: »
    I’d like a full-scale pride event. There are a lot of gay characters in springfield and I don’t think a mini one will do them justice.
    aw33SXP.gif
    Well he is...

But, Pride month is over so you know it won't happen until next year. How about just a BIG GAY EVENT?
    Actually they really don't need a event at all to release gay characters, they can easily release them on and off all year round.

They could just bring back the level content updates rather than make them part of an event. Personally I have nothing against gay people but I think an event entirely based around gay characters would be a bit too in-your-face.

Careful, you might be labeled homophobic & a bigot with a comment like that.
  • they haven't given us the info yet. till ea does we can't do anything but wait
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!