EA Forums - Banner

Give us new level content updates EA

Replies

• You're not though. The content would just unlock once you hit or get past level 61.

Oh right. So I'd get new level content from 878 levels ago. Cool.

Imagine what your task bar would look like!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Not really looking forward 878 quests all unlocking all at one time. Each one with a single quest line
  • mystery2mi
    2357 posts Member
    I wish they would add more prizes to the Road to Riches with Cecil Terwilliger. I'm currently sitting on over 1 billion IGC with nothing to spend it on.
  • Level updates are this game's version of training wheels. After 60 of them, you shouldn't need them anymore. After the training wheels come off, it's up to you to define your own progress. That's the point of an open-ended game like this.
  • bluntcard
    3878 posts Member
    The game has evolved past levels. When it launched, they had created a lot of content and levels to keep everyone busy for awhile. So, I'm thinking we are never going back to levels. They could do some kind of side game, like levels, where you earn points and earn new prizes that don't go away after an event is over. But I think there just isn't enough content left to do that.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    The game has evolved past levels. When it launched, they had created a lot of content and levels to keep everyone busy for awhile. So, I'm thinking we are never going back to levels. They could do some kind of side game, like levels, where you earn points and earn new prizes that don't go away after an event is over. But I think there just isn't enough content left to do that.

In the past, I've advocated for a monthly questline of modest length that would utilize freemium characters from the first 60 levels and would award a few donuts or a small premium permanent item from the store upon completion (a premium bench, a premium shrub, a tetherball deco, torch etc.) just because some tappers enjoy playing through quests.
  • bluntcard
    3878 posts Member
    I'm down with any new content :)
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    Not really looking forward 878 quests all unlocking all at one time. Each one with a single quest line
    Each one requiring one of the same 6 base characters
  • I wish they would bring back Friendship prizes & Road to Riches

Friendship prizes definitely need to return. There's no incentive now when events end to go around neighbouring Springfields.

Even during most events there's no reason to visit neighbors, other then a tiny bit of event currency

I used to like it when you could just go to loads of neighbouring Springfields and collect event currency. It's a shame they limit it to 28 taps now.
  • You're not though. The content would just unlock once you hit or get past level 61.

Oh right. So I'd get new level content from 878 levels ago. Cool.

Imagine what your task bar would look like!

It would only be big if you stopped playing for 878 years and they added new content for each level.

Friendship prizes definitely need to return. There's no incentive now when events end to go around neighbouring Springfields.

Even during most events there's no reason to visit neighbors, other then a tiny bit of event currency

I used to like it when you could just go to loads of neighbouring Springfields and collect event currency. It's a shame they limit it to 28 taps now.

I like any event with any neighbor interaction. Meaning I can give you stuff and vice versa, i.e. dropping presents, lawyers, gnomes, chickens, whatever, not just the usual 3 taps and on to the next one, whether it is 1 neighbor, 10 or 1000. Anything besides that. We can do that any time we want to, in my opinion an event should be different then the same old everyday occurrences.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

I like any event with any neighbor interaction. Meaning I can give you stuff and vice versa, i.e. dropping presents, lawyers, gnomes, chickens, whatever, not just the usual 3 taps and on to the next one, whether it is 1 neighbor, 10 or 1000. Anything besides that. We can do that any time we want to, in my opinion an event should be different then the same old everyday occurrences.

Unfortunately, the game seems to more and more be moving away from those sorts of events.

• Level updates are this game's version of training wheels. After 60 of them, you shouldn't need them anymore. After the training wheels come off, it's up to you to define your own progress. That's the point of an open-ended game like this.
    Self validation is an advanced skill not possessed by many.

I tap therefore I am.
  • A "Lost Level" update could be kinda fun.

Or a meta mini-event that involves writers/developers/animators trying to create a new level but instead finding better things to do.
  • bluntcard
    3878 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Maybe they could introduce some temporary new currency and five new mini levels.
    Edit, I guess that’s friends points. Never mind.
    Post edited by bluntcard on

Yeah, what happened to giving other Springfields things in the Itchy & Scratchy Land update? We should have been able to send Itchy & Scratchy robots for them to pop.
  • Not really looking forward 878 quests all unlocking all at one time. Each one with a single quest line

The level quests required you to finish the lower level one before the next level would unlock. So you would only have 1 or 2 at a time. If they made enough for all the remaining levels. That could keep us busy for quite some time when we finish an event early.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    I'd rather see episode tie ins when the season. starts up.
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    I would say since the removal of the level updates, we are being bombarded with more content than we previously did. The only draw back is the longevity of the events might feel like a drag to some.
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    mystery2mi wrote: »
    I wish they would add more prizes to the Road to Riches with Cecil Terwilliger. I'm currently sitting on over 1 billion IGC with nothing to spend it on.

Rat Trap Trucks.......LOTS of Rat Trap Trucks.........