EA Forums - Banner

Has anyone started their town over?

2Next

Replies

• Octane699
    133 posts
    edited March 2013
    I am glad I asked this question. I think I am going to first take the advice from Erik319 and layout my design in the computer. After hearing some of the issues from everyone, I won't do a total wipe of my town. I will break it into small sections (based on my computer layout) and do the re-build as I go. Leaving some room in some parts for future additions (based on speculation of course). I feel this is the best way to attack a total re-build. I won't get frustrated because it is taking so long, I won't miss out on cash being generated and I can still do any of the quests needed.

THANKS AGAIN!!!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    philieb wrote:
    jbillotte wrote:
    I have and decided to use the acurate map of springfield as inspiration and also using pictures i see of the buildings on the show to decorate its surroundings.

This seems like a fun idea. Do you have any screenshots? I would love to see a perfectly accurate Springfield. The "other Springfield" should have done this.

Just Google "interactive map of Springfield" and you'll find links to it.

The map is an impressive achievement, but it's not really official. Two fans, Jerry Lerma and Terry Hogan, started work on it more than 10 years ago. At some point in time they placed the image in the public domain.
  • jbillotte
    267 posts
    edited March 2013
    philieb wrote:
    jbillotte wrote:
    I have and decided to use the acurate map of springfield as inspiration and also using pictures i see of the buildings on the show to decorate its surroundings.

This seems like a fun idea. Do you have any screenshots? I would love to see a perfectly accurate Springfield. The "other Springfield" should have done this.

It is fun and it really passes the time when you have no more buildings to buy :)

Heres the image

F8Y27V2FK3OCY3O.gif
  • erik319
    642 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    jbillotte wrote:

But there is no acurate map of Springfield. There's one a fan made, but it's not acurate. There's the stills from the series (use Google), but they differ from the fan map and change over time. Relationships between buildings' locations change too within the series episodes, as the writers need flexibility in town layout to fit the plot. Once in one episode I first saw Moe's next to the church, then a minute later it was next to King Toots again (the episode where Homer wins the Mypad, great episode btw.).

So, you might just want to create your own map, and perhaps only following some of the common layouts you see most often in the series or in its intro.

This is my current map design (created with Visio), which is still under construction, as is my town:

5d308d6898c9dce3d2991803633d95ea_zps2e2c1d1b.jpg
  • JorgeU27
    107 posts
    edited March 2013
    Erik319 wrote:
    jbillotte wrote:

But there is no acurate map of Springfield. There's one a fan made, but it's not acurate. There's the stills from the series (use Google), but they differ from the fan map and change over time. Relationships between buildings' locations change too within the series episodes, as the writers need flexibility in town layout to fit the plot. Once in one episode I first saw Moe's next to the church, then a minute later it was next to King Toots again (the episode where Homer wins the Mypad, great episode btw.).

So, you might just want to create your own map, and perhaps only following some of the common layouts you see most often in the series or in its intro.

This is my current map design (created with Visio), which is still under construction, as is my town:

5d308d6898c9dce3d2991803633d95ea_zps2e2c1d1b.jpg

Reposting for image.
  • homershmomer
    25 posts
    edited March 2013
    No way I'm redesigning my housing estate. I've got way too many shrubs, trees, flowers, fences etc. to be bothered.
    I'm quite happy to let it grow naturally as I'm fairly happy with it atm. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.