EA Forums - Banner

Largest EA blunder I have seen.

I have been playing for just over a year and this is the worst I have seen. Twice they just drop land anywhere, forcing us to have to rebuild our towns. My zoo is probably going to take alot of work to give it access to the town because the dropped the land above my nuke plant and industrial area. It will probably use most or all of the ones I have and there is no reasonable way to get more because they are required to buy more land. I think because of what they have done with the last 2 events with just dropping land anywhere forcing us to redesign our towns EA needs for either change the land tokens to a reasonable cost for each plot of land or provide us with a large number of free tokens to the land they just dropped wherever they please. what are you trying to do EA force your dedicated players away? Another option is to just give us enough tokens to buy up all the rest of the land in the game and keep the events going so we can keep building. The other thing Springfield Heights and Squidport needs expansion. Can still buy water for squidport but cannot build more boardwalk. What sense is that. You need to think about you veteran players who are keeping the game going with our purchases we make that are not just dropping building anywhere and on top of each other but we are actually designing a town so help us keep doing that. Some of the land cost are way overpriced - millions of cash. SIgh!!!!!! I work very hard for my ingame cash and spend it wisely just like in real life.

Replies

• First I've heard anyone mention this. /s
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    I don't mean to sound disrespectful or anything here, but what is stopping you from just ignoring the free land and putting the zoo where you want to put it? Someone else made the valid point in another thread that a possible reason for giving us free land instead of land tokens is because the free land is for new players since the zoo needs to be all in one area for the bonus % to take affect and new players won't want to waste land tokens on cheap land. So even though it isn't the perfect solution it does work.

• A few paragraphs would have made it easy to read.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Aievel wrote: »
    I have been playing for just over a year and this is the worst I have seen. Twice they just drop land anywhere, forcing us to have to rebuild our towns. My zoo is probably going to take alot of work to give it access to the town because the dropped the land above my nuke plant and industrial area. It will probably use most or all of the ones I have and there is no reasonable way to get more because they are required to buy more land. I think because of what they have done with the last 2 events with just dropping land anywhere forcing us to redesign our towns EA needs for either change the land tokens to a reasonable cost for each plot of land or provide us with a large number of free tokens to the land they just dropped wherever they please. what are you trying to do EA force your dedicated players away? Another option is to just give us enough tokens to buy up all the rest of the land in the game and keep the events going so we can keep building. The other thing Springfield Heights and Squidport needs expansion. Can still buy water for squidport but cannot build more boardwalk. What sense is that. You need to think about you veteran players who are keeping the game going with our purchases we make that are not just dropping building anywhere and on top of each other but we are actually designing a town so help us keep doing that. Some of the land cost are way overpriced - millions of cash. SIgh!!!!!! I work very hard for my ingame cash and spend it wisely just like in real life.

Rant away my friend. I feel your pain.
  • aidx1054 wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound disrespectful or anything here, but what is stopping you from just ignoring the free land and putting the zoo where you want to put it? Someone else made the valid point in another thread that a possible reason for giving us free land instead of land tokens is because the free land is for new players since the zoo needs to be all in one area for the bonus % to take affect and new players won't want to waste land tokens on cheap land. So even though it isn't the perfect solution it does work.

I read that same point and found it very thoughtful, but then came up with this follow-up thought: Is EA going to continue to add to the size of the free plot in the next two acts? The current plot doesn't cover the entire bonus area by itself and is definitely too small to use for the entire zoo. They must intend to continue to add land going downward throughout the event.

• giving away free land is definitely an egregious doozy on EA’s part. Outrageous.
  • To be fair, this is FAR from their biggest blunder. (Gil deal, anyone?)

Yes. Maybe rein in the hyperbole a bit. ;)

• Would you be happy if in the future they will take away some land and require you to buy it with your “hard earned” money.. :|
  • jmlgg
    183 posts Member
    People need to stop whining - how about making threads about what you LIKE in the game
    :D you got that right :D

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • It’s free land. Deal with it. I moved something else there (that I had planned to put in that spot anyway), and put the zoo where I wanted it.

I think if you polled long-time players, the answer would probably be "prize wheel."

Free land, regardless of form or placement, is not a blunder.
  • Three words: Roll Back Glitch
  • Willy9292
    1663 posts Member
    Three words: Roll Back Glitch

Three more words. Yes Yes Yes. I had an area all set up for the zoo, roads roughed in for the entrance, where I wanted it. When I got the free block that was a bonus, sure tokens would have been nice, but for me I now have a holding area to do RTT in, or just put chunks of stuff while I re-arrange. That is, until I need it for expansion. I have tons of land waiting for tokens to open, so I am careful now, and am condensing. But free land is free land. Yes!

Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • This isn't even in the top 1000 EA blunders.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    Three words: Roll Back Glitch

Three more words. Yes Yes Yes. I had an area all set up for the zoo, roads roughed in for the entrance, where I wanted it. When I got the free block that was a bonus, sure tokens would have been nice, but for me I now have a holding area to do RTT in, or just put chunks of stuff while I re-arrange. That is, until I need it for expansion. I have tons of land waiting for tokens to open, so I am careful now, and am condensing. But free land is free land. Yes!

Yep...I'm with you @Willy9292
    I'm using it as a storage unit of sorts for now :smile:
    New land is not a struggle...the horrible item limit is a real issue for me
    D'oh!!