EA Forums - Banner

The gil deal

Replies

• I bought them as well and the game crashed. I checked my credit card statement and I had not been charged as of yet. I went ahead and bought another 300 and it went through without crashing. I’ll keep an eye on my credit card statement and see if i get hit twice.
  • I bought it three times, after each one the game crashed, but I now have 3 reciepts in my mail box saying I was successful, but as of yet no donuts. I’ll wait to see if they appear....
  • I bought it three times, after each one the game crashed, but I now have 3 reciepts in my mail box saying I was successful, but as of yet no donuts. I’ll wait to see if they appear....
    contact EA, you might be on the phone for awhile today though ;)

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Snake Eyes wrote: »
    I bought them as well and the game crashed. I checked my credit card statement and I had not been charged as of yet. I went ahead and bought another 300 and it went through without crashing. I’ll keep an eye on my credit card statement and see if i get hit twice.

I tested this myself, and while I got the new donuts I purchased, it didn't push thru the old ones. We'll see!

Just went back into game and tried to buy once again, glutton for punishment lol. It worked this time and I got the donuts, it’s a one time thing, so hopefully the other three attempts won’t be charged.
  • Tried 3 times the gil deal.. still not working but got my money back... hopefully they fixed it

Just went back into game and tried to buy once again, glutton for punishment lol. It worked this time and I got the donuts, it’s a one time thing, so hopefully the other three attempts won’t be charged.

I got charged for mine, via android/googleplay/paypal. Just be ready to dispute them!
  • I got two receipts from Google Play for the scam donut purchases. Then I went to Google Play and looked at the list of purchases I've made through them and did "Report a Problem" and now they are canceling the two purchases I made. If you bought more than two I'm not sure how they would deal with that, but it seems the faster you complain about it, the faster you will get a refund/cancelation of the orders.
  • For players with android / google play go to https://play,google.com/store/account and there you can see your purchase and ask refund. I had it back true paypal after 5 minutes
  • erik319
    640 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Same problem here, tried it twice, lost connection with server right after purchase but just before EA confirmation. I will wait 24 hours just like EA suggests. If no donuts yet then I'll ask Apple for a refund.
  • Same here!!!!!!
  • I was able to get the deal on the truckload.
  • Yeah, I was finally able to get back into the game, but the donut deal still hasn't been credited in game. :(
  • Add me, too....bought one time, but didn´t get donuts. I´ll contacted EA via eMail, so let´s see, what happens...
  • Seems like if the first one didn't go through, a second and third attempt is kinda ridiculous.
  • Just got off the phone with EA support. They are aware of the issue and are working on getting donuts out to people who didn't receive them. She said it should take 24 hours & if I haven't received them yet by tomorrow to contact them again.
  • Cubbie87 wrote: »
    Just got off the phone with EA support. They are aware of the issue and are working on getting donuts out to people who didn't receive them. She said it should take 24 hours & if I haven't received them yet by tomorrow to contact them again.

Thanks Cubbie!
  • Yep, I got burned too. It had just confirmed the purchase and suddenly the “cannot connect to server” page came up and I didn’t get any doughnuts. I tried closing/opening, visiting neighbors, and deleting and reinstalling the game.... nothing.
  • Apple related: I also had the app crash twice after getting the message my purchase was successful and could not log back in due to the server issues. Later today I saw the offer was still there and bought it again without thinking to check my APPLE purchase history where, of course, I was billed three times for it. I used the Apple Support app and within a few minutes and a polite call from my end the support agent gladly refunded me for the two failed attempts when it crashed. Hope that helps someone.
    W.G.
  • On standby for a glitch repair report from fellow tappers before I go back for the deal.