EA Forums - Banner

Won't load

Prev1
What kind of device are you using? Have you tried to restart the device itself?

Replies

• gromitdave
    44 posts
    edited March 2013
    Ipad2 yep, restarted, reinstalled, exited from start bar, still no luck. Was working fine last night.
  • gogators01uf
    550 posts
    edited March 2013
    Try removing all your friends from Origin's website. I seem to remember a bug from 6-8 months ago where the game would crash and would be fixed with the offending friend's removal.
  • kingphilbert
    58 posts
    edited March 2013
    Same issue with me this afternoon. No issues at all this morning, now this afternoon it launches the Gracie films/ea screen and immediately quits out. For a second it loaded the load screen and also immediately crashed. I've never experienced any of the previous issues aside from server overloads when new large updates are launched like Christmas and Valentines.
  • kingphilbert
    58 posts
    edited March 2013
    I also just tried to install it fresh on my iPhone, never had before, and it won't go past the EA screen before crashing their either. In this case I would not have been previously signed in either.
  • flyyoufools8
    23 posts
    edited March 2013
    I am also having problems loading the game. I have not had any connection issues in a long time, and have not had the "harp" glitch. My game worked fine last night, but I have not been able to play all day. I get through the load screen most times, and into my town for about 5 seconds before it freezes and crashes. I've tried restarting my phone (Iphone), logging out of my account, closing the game... nothing has worked. No harp noises, no network errors. My husband is able to get into his game fine all day. I tried logging into my account on his phone and my game still crashed.

Anyone having similar issues or know how to fix this?
  • kingphilbert
    58 posts
    edited March 2013
    Just switched off wifi on the phone and it started loading a 75 mb update. Must be a wifi issue. I don't have the data plan to let the update load though. Gonna have to wait until I'm back on my home network and wee if that makes a difference.
  • kingphilbert
    58 posts
    edited March 2013
    Don't know if this matters for others seeing this problem, when I turn off wifi on my iPad (wifi iPad only) the game actually goes beyond the EA screen and loads the "it's your fault we cannot connect screen). When I turn wifi back on though it eventually kicks me off before ever loading. It has to be some odd wifi issue. I am also on a network that is not my home network so ill be curious to see what happens tomorrow eve.
  • jbondra
    204 posts
    edited March 2013
    Issues here too. Having trouble on iPhone 4S AND ipad 3
  • Happycarlton
    196 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Likewise - IPad 3 and iPhone 4S. The game won't load. No problems this morning. I reset the IPad and I get to see the screen then it crashes.
    Not sure why it is suddenly a problem
  • infinitidoug
    34 posts
    edited March 2013
    Has anyone tried deleting all their friends on the Origin site to fix this?
  • Happycarlton
    196 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I deleted the app on my IPad and then IPhone and tried reinstalling it. When downloading the updates it crashes on update 1/57 at about 20mb so app now won't even load.
  • infinitidoug
    34 posts
    edited March 2013
    So, I shouldn't try to uninstall and install the app? I can't even collect money from one mission before the game crashes :(
  • Happycarlton
    196 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Would not advise uninstall / reinstall as download of update crashes.
  • Acex82
    24 posts
    edited March 2013
    Just turned mine on and I get the same... Game loads and then instantly crashes?
  • Happycarlton
    196 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi I have tried again and game reinstalled successfully and I could get back into the game.
    Whatever the glitch was it has been resolved.
    Hope all others who sufferered this outage game has been restored.
  • kingphilbert
    58 posts
    edited March 2013
    Nope, still can't get past EA screen on mine.
  • MMTheBatman
    19 posts
    edited March 2013
    Same thing happening to me. Deleted it and re-downloaded the app. Started it up for it to try and download 200mb of updates. Why EA can't just make the app on iTunes have the updates is beyond me. App crashed after 30mb. EA should have learned by now that they can't run games based on their servers. This is a relatively small game and it is unstable. Then they decide to make Sim City a server based game and look how well that turned out and on top of all of this, Origin has a major security issue. EA should stick to stand alone games and stop trying to use servers, or at the very least, use someone's servers that are more reliable.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited March 2013
    I could get into it fine this mourning now i cant get in at all tried everything no luck, signing in anon in friends screens no luck, signed in and out, can get into friends account on my phone but not mine, tried reinstalling tried hard close, tried with wifi and cellular data nothing.....
  • flyyoufools8
    23 posts
    edited March 2013
    Mine never worked yesterday but this morning it was working again and is still working. Hopefully it's fixed. I have no idea what was wrong or how it got fixed.... maybe it's just a matter of waiting it out.
  • markfcs
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Had something similar a week after i recovered from the harp glitch/donut glitch (so presumably when i levelled up again) I was out for 3 weeks, only cured by the level 27 update (missed all of the * paddys event)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!