EA Forums - Banner

Job for the sea captain, possible spoiler!

Lilienwurst
92 posts Member
edited August 2018
I don't know if the captain would have a currency job after his Squid and Sailor job anyway, but if you don't tap the Squid, the task is obviously not finished, BUT you can still send the captain to his currency job.
Not a big amount of currency you get extra, but still......

Edited cause of wrong information.
Didn't notice that it had a counter
Post edited by Lilienwurst on

Replies

• Confirmed. You can continue sending Sea Captain on his 4hr task if you don't tap Squid & Sailor. The captain earns around the same as a freemium character does on their event task.
  • smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    Excellent.
  • smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    I'm surprised this tip hasn't gotten more attention. I've been racking up an additional 58 (or whatever the rate is with the 40% in the bonus area is) event currency every 4 hours since this was posted. Thanks Lilienwurst!
  • Oh it got my attention and I appreciate it. But....
    I already tapped my squid. :/
  • Sea Captain can work at Great Plains when you unlock it (Prize #5). So if you miss this (like me), it's not the end of the world. :smile:
  • This is all fine until you accidently tap on the stupid squid while doing something else. :'(
  • Lilienwurst
    92 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Edited cause of being false.
    Post edited by Lilienwurst on
  • smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Duplicate.
    Post edited by smohqy on
  • smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    This is all fine until you accidently tap on the stupid squid while doing something else. :'(

This almost happened to me, but then I moved it farther away.

Also, and non-related, I sent Sarah Wiggum on the one hour task at Jakes, then when she finished, sent her back to earn at the zoo. Then I found the Send Wiggum Family to the aquarium task. So I sent Chief and Ralph. When they're done it will be 2/3 completed. I'm hoping that I can send all three afterward for the 112 currency each. I'll take any extra I can get in order to finish the act sooner without donuts. I like a little downtime every now and then.

• smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Triplicate.
    Post edited by smohqy on
  • smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Quadruplicate.
    Post edited by smohqy on
  • smohqy
    2107 posts Member
    D'oh! I accidentally tapped the squid in a Neighboreeno's town and completed it. Ah well, Clancy's picking up the slack.
  • Lilienwurst
    92 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, he'll get a regular job with the great plains.
    And I don't know if you have Sarah Wiggum, but somewhen in her questline you can save Wiggum s event currency job if you don't send Sarah home.
    For whatever reason Ralphie loses this task out of his joblist, but Wiggum doesn't!

I still haven't tapped mine yet, don't know why. I also didn't know that you can finish your tasks in friends towns. Thanks for the info!
  • I need 72 donuts in order to buy Sarah. I have my xp collider on, and am wondering what the most cost effective way to get those donuts is as soon as possible. I have been KEM farming, but it's too slow. I only have 17.7M cash because at the end of the last event I spent 2 hours placing rat trap trucks for all the premium characters and items that I wanted. I went from over 100M to about 13M. Rat trap trucks are SO FAST with the XP collider but it's 150K per truck. Any tips?
  • I need 72 donuts in order to buy Sarah. I have my xp collider on, and am wondering what the most cost effective way to get those donuts is as soon as possible. I have been KEM farming, but it's too slow. I only have 17.7M cash because at the end of the last event I spent 2 hours placing rat trap trucks for all the premium characters and items that I wanted. I went from over 100M to about 13M. Rat trap trucks are SO FAST with the XP collider but it's 150K per truck. Any tips?
    There are some items that have a better ratio than RTT’s, but they cost a lot less so would require far more to be purchased.
    h4CPBKcl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS