EA Forums - Banner

Another Fault of Land Tokens..........

I’ve mentioned before the fault of Land Tokens (that being the ease of donut farming). But something else just occurred to me while I was playing this morning. I currently have nearly $300 Million in game currency and with the inclusion of Land Tokens, I now have a reservoir of Donuts I never thought imaginable. I do not even have the desire to Donut farm anymore….. Without anything to spend $300 million in game currency on, what’s the point of putting characters on tasks? I usually play this game roughly ever 4 hours so I use the 4 Hour tasks. But lately, it’s becoming more like 12 or 24 tasks cause I just don’t have the enthusiasm to clear tasks any more. Which means I do not have the passion to play as often as I used to. I know that could happen with all walks of life but this lack of drive has a definitive cause.

Land Tokens have brought a lack of enthusiasm to this game, at least for me. Being an addict since May 2013 and only missing one day of tapping in that time, I personally am starting to lose my drive for this game. I still love it, I am still playing, this isn’t a “I’m quitting the game” post, it’s just an observation (feeling) I made this morning during my morning tapping.

Replies

• What's the point of putting characters on task? Because I like to see the characters I've earned (or spent currency on) doing things and not just standing around staring blankly at nothing. What's the point of spending so much time building a large-scale environment for your characters if you don't have the characters interacting with it or each other? Animate a building you haven't paid attention to in a while. Set some tandem tasks that the unemployment office ignores. Set some visual tasks you haven't seen in a while. Enjoy what you've built.
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    I’ve mentioned before the fault of Land Tokens (that being the ease of donut farming). But something else just occurred to me while I was playing this morning. I currently have nearly $300 Million in game currency and with the inclusion of Land Tokens, I now have a reservoir of Donuts I never thought imaginable. I do not even have the desire to Donut farm anymore….. Without anything to spend $300 million in game currency on, what’s the point of putting characters on tasks? I usually play this game roughly ever 4 hours so I use the 4 Hour tasks. But lately, it’s becoming more like 12 or 24 tasks cause I just don’t have the enthusiasm to clear tasks any more. Which means I do not have the passion to play as often as I used to. I know that could happen with all walks of life but this lack of drive has a definitive cause.

Land Tokens have brought a lack of enthusiasm to this game, at least for me. Being an addict since May 2013 and only missing one day of tapping in that time, I personally am starting to lose my drive for this game. I still love it, I am still playing, this isn’t a “I’m quitting the game” post, it’s just an observation (feeling) I made this morning during my morning tapping.

Pretty sure you’re not the first to make this exact point. However, at the risk of sounding crass, I don’t think EA cares all that much about how “whales” feel.

• I'm more more interested in seeing how many donuts I can save up. I currently have 35,000, and my goal is 100,000
  • empathy77 wrote: »

Unfortunately land tokens are here to stay. Maybe you just need to redesign your town. I started on July 2015 and I still have a large area of in game cash that I have not bought yet and 105 land tokens. My Kem farm is not that big (29 kem) and I do not have any repeat houses (only a few spooky houses). Maybe you should store some houses, trees, and some large decorations or rivers.
  • nailed it.
  • Not the fault of land tokens per se so much as a lack of items on which to spend IGC. Maybe more aspirational items would help?

My problem with land tokens was made clear during the 3rd act of the Moe's Ark event. Grinding out a flying dinosaur and chariot chicken simply to get to the land tokens was a buzzkill.
  • old take is old. :tired_face:
  • I had to look up what "whales" meant.
    Now I realise that I am one.
    humpback_whale_megaptera_novaeangliae_15_feb-10-11049.jpg?itok=vHlZOW2L
  • I got 2.3 billion I can’t do anything with
  • What's the point of putting characters on task? Because I like to see the characters I've earned (or spent currency on) doing things and not just standing around staring blankly at nothing. What's the point of spending so much time building a large-scale environment for your characters if you don't have the characters interacting with it or each other? Animate a building you haven't paid attention to in a while. Set some tandem tasks that the unemployment office ignores. Set some visual tasks you haven't seen in a while. Enjoy what you've built.

The visual tasks are the best part of the game in my opinion. I remember when the Unemployment Office came about with setting all tasks, their was an initial report that one option would have been to set all characters on visual tasks, that would have been amazing.
  • Not the fault of land tokens per se so much as a lack of items on which to spend IGC. Maybe more aspirational items would help?

My problem with land tokens was made clear during the 3rd act of the Moe's Ark event. Grinding out a flying dinosaur and chariot chicken simply to get to the land tokens was a buzzkill.

Squares of land used to be something to spend in game currency on, and the value used to increase each time. Since I can no longer do that, I am building up loads of worthless cash. I would love a $100 million aspirational. But they (EA) just dont give it to us.
  • Land tokens are annoying but it’s the item count that’s ruining things for me..... what’s the point in loads of land, loads of cash, loads of bonuts and loads of premium content in every event when you have to store it?
  • Once in a while I did mention that a 4.3B aspirational item would be nice too @empathy77
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Once in a while I did mention that a 4.3B aspirational item would be nice too @empathy77

A four-eyed whale? :D
  • I'm not a fan of land tokens. I used to buy chunks of land when events started but can't do that now. I have 17 tokens but am keeping them until ALL the land I have is used.
  • >:) ...Ahhh, for shame... >:)
    Em3eb1F.jpg
  • My initial focus was on all the land I could get and now I only have Token Land to get.

Land Tokens mean you have to play events to get more land. And they only give out a few tokens per event. So this means EA doesn't have to add more land to the Main Springfield for a while.

Perhaps this means they intend to expand Springfield Heights instead. It's far too small right now.
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I think it's possible that we might get another block of land at the beginning of the next event like we did at the beginning of the zoo event. Maybe that's the reason the land next to it isn't available for land tokens. I'm hoping...
  • mystery2mi wrote: »
    I think it's possible that we might get another block of land at the beginning of the next event like we did at the beginning of the zoo event. Maybe that's the reason the land next to it isn't available for land tokens. I'm hoping...

If they want to make more land available, that's fine. However, if that's the case, I'd rather that the game give me 12-16 land tokens instead of dropping a random block of land on me. Give players the option of where they open up their land.
  • mystery2mi wrote: »

If they want to make more land available, that's fine. However, if that's the case, I'd rather that the game give me 12-16 land tokens instead of dropping a random block of land on me. Give players the option of where they open up their land.

Oh, I totally agree it is preferable to get the tokens and being able to place them wherever you want, however at this point any additional land they give us is better than the current system of a few tokens scattered throughout an event. I'm hoping they will do it again when the next event starts. That block of land gave me some time to figure out where I wanted to place my zoo, which I did eventually place elsewhere.