EA Forums - Banner

what year did you start playing tapped out?

Replies

• johncolombo
    11285 posts Senior Moderator
    Donna4612 wrote: »
    I started Dec 26th, 2012. I received my iPad for Christmas and my daughter-in-law introduced me to this game the next day.
    I had no idea what I was doing, but when the Christmas event ended I was shocked at all the coins I lost. That’s when I searched for and found this forum. Been hooked ever since.

that was my first full event. I loved tapping the coins and watching the snow come down. Was very peaceful and relaxing to me. :)
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
    I started Dec 26th, 2012. I received my iPad for Christmas and my daughter-in-law introduced me to this game the next day.
    I had no idea what I was doing, but when the Christmas event ended I was shocked at all the coins I lost. That’s when I searched for and found this forum. Been hooked ever since.

that was my first full event. I loved tapping the coins and watching the snow come down. Was very peaceful and relaxing to me. :)

That was fun even though I missed most of it. And when the snow ended, I was blinded by all the green. :smile:
    I started playing just before Halloween 2012. Then Christmas came and I was having serious crashing issues. I also had an anonymous game on the go at the time that did not crash every two minutes so I signed it up on another email account (had to get the free goodies!!) Then EA fixed the problem and I ended up with two full blown towns that I have been playing ever since. I do buy donuts for both towns although I get way more for one than the other. I am very attached to both and could not imagine dropping either one. I do remember going through the reviews to find friends at the time so most/all of my original neighbors were Canadian like me. I didn’t know about this forum until about a year or so later.
    nissa762 wrote: »
    I put 2013 as it was the winter event but it may have been early January 2014 as that's when I came searching for forums and friends as you could get friend prizes for sending gifts. My game also went glitchy so I came to EA for help. Frequently it turned out. :/ I have enjoyed this forum and all the valuable input from forum members over the years. Especially the Cajun Glass. B)

you're only supposed to talk bout Cajun glass in the "we need more dirt" thread :D

There was a point when this was the funnest part of the game.

as an ode to @moxxee in the dirt thread

089.gif
    @moxxee is a name i havent heard in awhile
    50_D49_AC7_427_A_4_DBE_AF95_0_D206_EE72_A54.png
    @nissa762 i need one of those ninja parakeets, where do i get one? :D my local pet stores employees just looked at me i was crazy, now i have video proof they exist :D

You need a new store, they're crazy, any good bird lady or bird man will know where to find one. :)
    I put 2013 as it was the winter event but it may have been early January 2014 as that's when I came searching for forums and friends as you could get friend prizes for sending gifts. My game also went glitchy so I came to EA for help. Frequently it turned out. :/ I have enjoyed this forum and all the valuable input from forum members over the years. Especially the Cajun Glass. B)

you're only supposed to talk bout Cajun glass in the "we need more dirt" thread :D

There was a point when this was the funnest part of the game.

as an ode to @moxxee in the dirt thread

089.gif
    @moxxee is a name i havent heard in awhile
    50_D49_AC7_427_A_4_DBE_AF95_0_D206_EE72_A54.png
    @nissa762 i need one of those ninja parakeets, where do i get one? :D my local pet stores employees just looked at me i was crazy, now i have video proof they exist :D

You need a new store, they're crazy, any good bird lady or bird man will know where to find one. :)
    :D one store almost kicked me out :o

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
    I started in February 2013, just after Valentines Day, I believe. Whacking Day was my first event. I stopped playing a couple of months after it ended. In February of 2014, I started playing again and have been playing since.
    Missed Whacking Day. I didn't even realize you could have neighbours until Halloween when I googled around for information about the event and ended up here :D
    Started Christmas 2012 but didn’t really undo how to play at that time. Missed the best event which was Halloween that year.
    Day one right here. I remember there was a period where we didn’t think the game would take off and EA didn’t have high hopes. It almost shut down between 2012 and 2013.
  • jimmyw31
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    July 2013. Haven’t missed an event since and have failed to complete only 2 - the event that shall not be named (never found that stupid faberge egg) and Halloween about 3-4 years ago (out of the country for one week, but I got everything but the tentacle HQ building anyway). Total spent ~$25. Not bad for over 5+ years of ad free entertainment.

I started on the same day as you, neighbor :) We were in the US for Christmas, and my husband had downloaded the game. He made the mistake of showing it to me. I took over his (anonymous) game (level 5 or so) and iPad. Two months later he bought himself another iPad because he was tired of sharing :D I came to the forum about a month later looking for a walkthrough, so I have been here through the dog race/scratc-R combo (those were the days), the harpies :#, the infinte Bobs and all the events since. Decided to turn my town not so anonymous during Valentine 2013 so as to get more cards.
    the first time i played the game was 2014 during the stonecutters event but got bored fast so then 2 years later i was like oh yeah this exists and became semi-permanent player and am incredibly happy i did.
    Daily since early 2013
    Day 1.
    Couldn't actually connect to EA's servers until around September. I had given up and didn't try again until then. Just played offline.

I think I first posted here at the beginning of the Halloween event looking for friends, since you could paper trees and get extra candy from tapping your neighbors Halloween buildings. I still remember the threads of people asking if EA would let us keep the buildings/graveyards once the event ends. Good times.
    It would be fun if old events were downloadable.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
    I started in July of 2013 during the Independence Day Event. I only knew I had to figure out a good way to generate donuts. I had a slow start.
  • I started on Feb 6, 2013 and have played almost every day since.
  • Valentine event 2012.
  • Thanksgiving 2014. Tapped Out kept showing up as a top rated app, so I finally decided to give it a go. The Christmas event hooked me. I wish they would do one like that again, the daiky challenges were fun. And I loved blasting elves out of the cannon in Act 3.
    I started playing August 2012 but I played anonymously until Whacking Day. I didn't start posting here until I (for some crazy reason) started my second town.