EA Forums - Banner

what year did you start playing tapped out?

Replies

• empathy77
    4158 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Are some of you people commenting without voting???

You best go get your vote on!!
    empathy77 wrote: »
    Are some of you people commenting without voting???

You best go get your vote on!!

Doesn't that happen in real life? Why would it change here?
  • mystery2mi wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »
    mystery2mi wrote: »
    I started playing in the middle of the 2013 winter event. At the time, I was undergoing cancer treatments and needed something to pass the time. I had just purchased my first tablet and was looking around for a game to install. I've always been a Simpson's fan so when I came across TSTO, it was an obvious choice. By the time the Stonecutters event started, I was really hooked plus I was back in the hospital for major surgery. The nurses didn't like it too much though when I told them I was too busy to get my vitals taken! :D
    I didn't have any neighbors until Halloween 2014 because I didn't think my town was up to par and wanted to level up more. Later, I realised that I could have leveled up a lot faster if I had gotten neighbors sooner.
    Special thanks to all of my neighbors, past and present. I appreciate all the help you have given me through the years! <3:)
    didn't think your town was up to par.... good one neighbor! :sunglasses: hope everything has been relatively smooth sailing since your treatments.

Ha ha! In all fairness though, you didn't become my neighbor until last year (I think). My 2014 freemium town looked a lot different. :s Healthwise, I'm doing fairly well although things do tend to wear out with age. Been cancer-free for 3 years now. Thanks for asking. B)

Glad to hear you're cancer free neighborino!! ❤️

I started playing right before the first Valentine's Day event. Played till St. Patty's day then got locked out for a while. Got my iPad, and it was the first thing I put on it. Been tapping ever since!
    Day one for me. I had seen a commercial for TSTO during a Simpsons episode. First year was rough but glad stuck with it. Didn't join the forum until the fun filled Easter event a couple of years later. Wouldn't have kept playing without it. So big thank you to all that have posted over the years. And for the tireless efforts of our moderators.
    Been playing since around the Android release. Stopped and started a lot but I'm fully immersed after blowing up my Springfield right before the zoo event.
  • johncolombo
    11156 posts Senior Moderator
    JermGeorge wrote: »
    Been playing since around the Android release. Stopped and started a lot but I'm fully immersed after blowing up my Springfield right before the zoo event.

I want to nuke my town. It's a mess. You've piqued my interest in nuking.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ

It is a lot of fun redesigning but fair warning the inventory is a total nightmare! Have a plan of where you want areas to be before hand. I drew my plan out on paper first paying attention to areas that need to in the land expansion zones to enable additional seasonal event stuff. The amount of green on screen when you nuke is overwhelming but you can split this into areas to place related items by using rivers or roads. Start with a monorail system that takes you to various areas for ease of direction when you spot something in the inventory you think will go well. Above all it takes time but we'll worth it. :)

Go for it!
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)

Don't do it. It's madness.
    Started during the Valentine’s edition 2013. I was a regular player, went AWOL several months, came back, and have been playing every day since.

And I agree... don’t nuke. That was a HUGE mistake! I grew ‘bored’ of my town, nuked it, and it took FOREVER to make it look nice again.

To be honest... it doesn’t look much different now than it did before nuking. But I finally like it again. 😊
  • johncolombo
    11156 posts Senior Moderator
    thanks for all the tips about nuking. Maybe store in sections instead? My town has really become a junk pile. :|
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
    I'm trying to figure out how to interpret the data. Are the long-time players the most dedicated? Are fewer new people joining the game? Are new players simply not finding this forum? Hmmmm.....
    I played for 4 years before joining here.
    thanks for all the tips about nuking. Maybe store in sections instead? My town has really become a junk pile. :|

That's what I've been doing! I sort of stopped designing during events and then ended up with piles of event items on the edge of my old town. Half old, half new piles of randomly placed items. I love my old town though, so I started sectioning it off and group select/storing to redesign to incorporate the new stuff. I find it's much easier to do than nuking (did that with my much smaller second town and gave up it was so infuriating) although I still haven't finished!
    Couple a days before Halloween event.
    Biggest regret is that i didn't start much earlier to play this beautiful game.
    Started during THOH 2017, only because on my trusty old kindle (sarcasm) the store said it wasn't available when I first looked 12 months earlier, so about to join in and plant my first batch of Christmas corn...
  • aabcampos wrote: »
    Started during 2012 Halloween

Same here. Anyone remember when it officially launched? I want to say August or September of that year.
    aabcampos wrote: »
    Started during 2012 Halloween

Same here. Anyone remember when it officially launched? I want to say August or September of that year.

The original launch was February/March of 2012, but it was pulled due to server problems and other glitches. It was relaunched in August.

October 2014 after doing a search for the highest rated free games. I got the Barbarian and was hooked 😍
    Started playing just before the infamous Easter event in 2014.
    Here since Thanksgiving 2012. So low on money, didn't get Santa's Little Helper balloon. 30000 was a luxury! :D