EA Forums - Banner

PSA: Challenges Heads up

Prev1
On the probability that the THOH Event will be in the store fro download on Tuesday Oct 2, and then activate Wednesday Oct 3 at 9am CST, this is a heads up to save your daily challenges from Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so that they may give you an advance start in the Halloween Event, if there's a game currency required.

This isn't a guarantee, merely an educated guess from past experience. But it couldn't hurt.
What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?

Replies

Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I usually give this a shot before an event. Thanks for the reminder.
  • controversial post. 😁
  • Thanks for the reminder. I usually do this, but had not thought about it for this event. Well, until I read your post.
    One on getter for the clickity clack please
  • Oh, great idea. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Been saving these for a week :weary:
    mQm4dD9.png
  • Good idea although six Donuts this morning was just too tempting! :lol:
  • frosted1414
    2221 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I hope you don't mind me putting this here @txrabbit3737 :blush:
    PSA: buy all the land next to the mountain if you haven't already. Past 2 events have given 3x3 plots up there and I missed out on the most valuable ones because I'm (someone pointed out) a rectangle nerd @lucienleon519
    usY8XaT.png

• big if true.
  • Going into Act I? I don't know.

However, going into Act II and III, I would horde DCs.

We don't know how the DCs will operate in THOH, or what kind of currencies they'll give out.

I would honestly not horde DCs going into the event; try to go in with as many donuts as possible.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Curious. How many days can you save at a time? Is there a limit?
  • Curious. How many days can you save at a time? Is there a limit?

At the end of an Act save 2 DCs. Day 3 (would be Day 1 of the next Act) would then help you get up to 1,500 event currency for the next Act.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Going into Act I? I don't know.

We don't know how the DCs will operate in THOH, or what kind of currencies they'll give out.

I would honestly not horde DCs going into the event; try to go in with as many donuts as possible.

They won't switch over automatically. But you can X one out and get an event one i think.
  • 3, time limit depends on your time and schedule
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I hope you don't mind me putting this here @txrabbit3737 :blush:
    PSA: buy all the land next to the mountain if you haven't already. Past 2 events have given 3x3 plots up there and I missed out on the most valuable ones because I'm (someone pointed out) a rectangle nerd @lucienleon519
    usY8XaT.png

I don't understand this advice. What happened if we did not buy the lands next to the mountain? The game will just use the purchasable lands and give it to you during the past events ?
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    Going into Act I? I don't know.

They won't switch over automatically. But you can X one out and get an event one i think.

That's the trick. It doesn't switch automatically.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    usY8XaT.png

I don't understand this advice. What happened if we did not buy the lands next to the mountain? The game will just use the purchasable lands and give it to you during the past events ?

During the zoo event. EA gave us the 9 squares in the upper most corner near the mountains. If you had purchasable land in that area, it used that land. For those of use that bought the land all the way to the end, it gave us 9 pieces of land that is unpurchasable, even with land tokens. In the map that is floating around those 9 were listed with an E.

So you get extra land that can't ever be purchased (for the time being atleast).
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    usY8XaT.png

During the zoo event. EA gave us the 9 squares in the upper most corner near the mountains. If you had purchasable land in that area, it used that land. For those of use that bought the land all the way to the end, it gave us 9 pieces of land that is unpurchasable, even with land tokens. In the map that is floating around those 9 were listed with an E.

So you get extra land that can't ever be purchased (for the time being atleast).

Oh I see. I think during the itchy and scratchy event there was also land given. We moved the gate entrance of the theme park and there was a floating land for us to place. Is it ? I cannot remember but I do not know what was going on and always wondered did I place the gate properly to get all the given lands.
  • cdepast wrote: »
    controversial post. 😁

Ha,

You know what thought occurred to me after the fact @cdepast , doing this technique enables you to finish the quest sooner, which gets you to bonus donuts quicker as well, making the previous controversy moot.
  • ... this is a heads up to save your daily challenges ...

thanks for the reminder, I always forget :)