EA Forums - Banner

why can’t I chose where land becomes available

2Next

Replies

• Ya ok I tried to go by initial reports. I didn't get any of that my self actually
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Ya ok I tried to go by initial reports. I didn't get any of that my self actually

5df3d942c0e9c5f8a5127c4993cebdcb.jpg
  • frosted1414
    2831 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    V8URIcg.png
    I can barely sit these days what with all the paddlin
    Post edited by frosted1414 on
  • jjxpuu.jpg

Mine got plonked right next the last bit of land again up by the mountains where I cannot use tokens. :#

Really messed with my perfect rectangle!
    Not on EA. :angry:
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I'm in rows 2/3/4 in columns 23/24/25

I didn't notice at first.
  • I hated it too but I decided to turn it into my garbage area... I put all the stuff I don't use but don't want to store in it. i "extended" my mountains with all the mountain like stuff we have gotten (murder horn etc) to block it off and now have it packed with stuff i don't care about.
  • Honest question: Did we ever get a choice of where the new land opens up? Or did EA always choose where the next expansion was going to be?
  • ZennGlenn
    1782 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    SpKNJLa.jpg
    😈 ...While we're b☆tching & trivializing... just got the swell 'National EAS' test while very focused on priorities of playing TSTO Halloween!!! Meeeehhh!!!🙄
    ...most certainly quite egomaniacal for it to be called a 'Presidential Alert' 😱
    Let's lobby to correctly rename it NEAS as it should be... & yeah, Land Land Land 👻😈
    Post edited by ZennGlenn on
  • Honest question: Did we ever get a choice of where the new land opens up? Or did EA always choose where the next expansion was going to be?

Well sort of. They decided whether it was a strip vertical or horizontal, but excluding during the tutorial levels, the user has always chosen which land they unlock. Until the I&S event though EA didn't give us free land at all I believe.
  • V8URIcg.png

My new land is right beside those "E" squares I was given during the last event.
  • I think that hole idea with the extra free land is strategic made to follow the same path parcel from the Zoo land and more will going to be open for free from now on, each time a new major event is made, somehow enough space to place new content craftable buildings. This path of land doesn't have anything to do with the casual land that has to be opened with tokens.
  • I'd be happy if they'd let you use either tokens or cash to open up new land squares; rather than limiting it to just tokens on the outer sections.
  • It would be a nice feature to pick but I don’t care. Free land is free land.
  • BLITZDonuts
    199 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    How about just open the land for free, just like that! Money used to be fun, working real hours ("psychological mind-brain game reward system") to spend small cash for cheap lands in order to feel satisfied that your real time was not wasted, but worthy. In the end, when it grew up to the cost of millions I simply began to lose interest to see myself going through such concept. Spending millions just to open a square of land, was not pleasing reward, while new players were very affected by it (I used to be one of them) in many forms and ways. Instead of using my cash for my own choices like town design purpose or keep the money for any emergencies, I was forced to buy that land with all the money I collected from the past days, weeks. If I wasn't buying the land, my town was too crowed, I couldn't advanced with the major events that required space.

Sure. Now we got rid of the land-cash system and we have the tokens, but in 2018 closing in to 2019 I really don't see why I should need any kind of options. Yes, of course, it was a little fun, you had something to do, to calculate, analyze what to do with your money, but things are moving forward and all I want now from EA to give free land every time when a mini or major event is being started. Now this, is the next option.

I'm not sure why EA is limiting our free land with tokens, when the land itself is not effected by the number of items, there is no way to fill that land with something new other than what you current hold until the next event starts, if the item limit is always present. The land is not effecting the game, if the land is already available in the game but only locked.

I want that free space that is locked right now, because when I want to design something, I need space and I usually have to move around a hunk of items to another place in order to have enough space for my design. If I don't have space to move them, I need to store them, but even that I can't do if most of them are with % or buildings who are related to characters,

• V8URIcg.png

My new land is right beside those "E" squares I was given during the last event.

SAME !! :( Mine went to the right (along the mountains) instead of down (along the water). I'm not going to lie, it's so disappointing. It'll take forever to make a complete square. I wish we could AT THE VERY LEAST sell back that land for tokens. So we can choose our own design. Juuuussssttttt sssaaaayyyyiiiinnn
  • It's just unlocked directly above where I built a large, walled in zoo-safari. Which, to be honest, is just about the most inconvenient place that it could possibly unlock since my Safari is too wide to move up into that area. I mean, I know EA would like us to buy Land Unlock Tokens for real money, but we'll do that anyway! We don't need inconvenient shapes as an incentive!

It seems my best option is to build my Transylvania into the South East corner.
  • So both versions of the map are wrong :(
  • 11EEvey
    3160 posts Member
    No the map is good. Where people get their land is tied to how much they have already unlocked along the mountains.People that got it to the north of the zoo land probably had not bought all the land along the mountains.
  • 4junk3000
    6192 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The map i see with six vertical E x three horizontal E, is correct.

The old way was to unlock a strip along either the side or back. We built up to the edge, we anticipated future growth and could plan our designs. Then we chose which squares of the strip to unlock.

This new token method would have been fine if they didn't shove KL down our throats. The primary flaw was not giving us a 10x10 square of land the exact size of our KL. That forced all of us with a full KL to redesign and shoehorn in all the stuff we had, or abandon it completely, as i did. Now I'm just waiting for a piece of land big enough to rebuild. But with one token a month dropping, I've given up. It's very depressing as i loved my KL.

Meanwhile, since they now seem to like this "bonus zone" mechanism, they're forcing us to produce event zones (which i don't like) AND forcing almost everyone to put it in the exact same place on the grid. I didn't want my zoo by the mountains, did you? And before that, i didn't want KL or I&S stuff way back there either, which is why all I&S stuff is now in storage and KL stuff is scattered everywhere. And now that the zoo IS there, i don't want this haunted area we're supposed to build now, right outside the front gate of the zoo. I planned to build a parking lot there. This is stupid. My town used to be well organized and now it's a soup sandwich. =(

The bottom line is this method of land control SUCKS. Whoever is managing it needs to recognize how badly they've botched it, and just give us the rest of the land, or give at least a chance to acquire it with IGC again. It doesn't have to keep rising in price, it doesn't have to be expensive at all, but a cool $1M per sq is fair i guess. The item count limit controls the data base capacity anyway. So let it go already. Stop being control freak asshats. LET US DESIGN OUR TOWNS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

I would make all the land needed to square off the map available for IGC. Then I'd release a new section of land with each event. That section, would be our choice, a box that we could place anywhere on either side. The box would contain the same number of land squares, likely 9 at a time so 3x3 which i think they just gave us. This time it fits the bonus zone perfectly. Last time the zone was too big, remember?

Then WE choose where those 9 squares go. We choose where our new event area goes, if we even want one. (I rarely do) And tokens can still be earned and redeemed for individual squares instead of paying IGC. It doesn't have to be difficult. But that's hope they like to do things, because they're sadistic @#$&+!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!