EA Forums - Banner

Can't finish Act in time

Prev1
No matter how much tapping or relic digging I seem to do in a day, I can't seem to finish the act in time. Are there any tips you guys can share on how to complete a quest on time? I get to the last act where you collect character and the time runs around.

Replies

• If you collect every 4hrs, you should be able to complete. Buying all the Premium Characters you can should help as well.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Send them on a four hour task. Catch a flight from Heathrow to Russia. Connect to the internet. Your four hour tasks are now complete due to the differing time zones. Send them on the tasks again, then get a flight back to London Heathrow.

Repeat numerous times throughout each day of the event until you get all the prizes.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • If you can log in and play 4-5 times a day that is a huge help. Definitely send all of the freemium characters to earn pickaxes (don't get side tracked by the side quests) . Then use the chart that was developed for the Time Traveling Toaster dig site to maximize your winnings at the new dig site. And it's not much but do your 10 neighbor visits, daily. Every little bit helps, so also send Countess Dracula and the She-Wolf on tasks that earn currency.
    "Not my Shmoo!"
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Don't send them all to the Holy Forge for 4 hour tasks overnight or if at work, some of them have longer jobs, it takes a bit of thinking to make sure I don't send someone on the wrong task.
    If I wake up in the night I do try and go down and turn-and-burn them, then back to bed.

If I remember correctly, as ipad is not handy:
    She-wolf has 4 and 8 hour tasks.
    Count Grampa has 4/8/12 and 24 hour tasks.
    Mr. Burns has 4 and 12 hour tasks.
    Countess Dracula has 4 hour task.
    Were-milhouse has 1/8 and 24 hour tasks.
    But check that to make sure, scroll down their jobs list, they are not necessarily in numerical order.

Check the entire jobs list, as they show 4hr pickaxe jobs as well as other jobs for event currency as well as igc
    They don't all collect pickaxes but they collect Prize Track currency in real time.
    A 4hr produces 120 and a 24hr is 720, that is still 120 every 4hrs.
    IGC isn't that generous.

On a good day I have managed to make 4 or even 5 visits in a day, sometimes.

Don't be in a hurry to dig, all the bonus does is increase how much extra event currency, e.g. fangs, furs, bandages and incantations you get when you dig up a relic.

Collect incantations, craft the stuff you want from Holy Forge, when you're confident of the bonus then go digging, I didn't do any digging in Act 2 until 3 days before it finished.
    But I had been collecting incantations and crafting Stone Arches, Huge Trees, bushes, to get the bonus upto about 19.4, then went digging.

Roughly, I averaged 576 furs per dig near the start by the end it was 612 because I had added 3 Rickety Bridges, but it depends on what items you want.
    And that was all 90 digs, adds up.

Everytime you collect any furs, incantations, keep a pen and paper handy and take notes, get a calculator and check the maths if need be, I have been somewhat obsessive, and don't look at the Prize Track everytime you get stuff, A watched pan never boils.

This is the first time ever I have managed to get 2 final prizes on the prize tracks, even 1 is a miracle; it is all down to the pickaxes, they are really working for me.

I do the side quests as well.
    Post edited by KLmaker on
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    If you have everyone in the Forge on 4hr and you are away for 8 or 12 hrs, you get 20 pickaxes and 1200 Wraps.

But if you also have: Wiggum, Bart, Marge, Willie, and Lisa in the Forge and you have: Homer 8hr, (not in the Bazaar), Burns 12hr, Ned 8hr, Count Grampa 8hr, Were-Milhouse 8hr, you only get 10 pickaxes but get 1920 Wraps or Bandages.
    That's 720 Wraps or Bandages more.
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    If you have everyone in the Forge on 4hr and you are away for 8 or 12 hrs, you get 20 pickaxes and 1200 Wraps.

But if you also have: Wiggum, Bart, Marge, Willie, and Lisa in the Forge and you have: Homer 8hr, (not in the Bazaar), Burns 12hr, Ned 8hr, Count Grampa 8hr, Were-Milhouse 8hr, you only get 10 pickaxes but get 1920 Wraps or Bandages.
    That's 720 Wraps or Bandages more.
    You haven’t taken into account the extra 10 pickaxes from the first case - even with the worst luck in using all 10 pickaxes to find a relic, you would still get 720 bandages (with maxed bonuses) PLUS incantations too.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    Yes you do, but you have to use those pickaxes to do that.
    That is if I'm reading your post right.

I generally do what I wrote in the second paragraph if I'm at work or asleep, and when done I gained only 10 pickaxes, (rather than 20), because only 5 characters were in the Forge, (rather than 10),

But, in the downtime after the 4hrs, they are not earning in the Forge, but the others are, 720 that is like sending 6 people to get pickaxes.

Considering I'm either asleep or working, at least the others are bringing in stuff after that 4hrs, 720 each time for 7 days a week that's 5040 bandages and I wasn't even anywhere near ipad.

If I just sent them to the Forge everytime I would be even further behind than I am already.
  • Send all the kids (except Bart, Lisa, and Milhouse - keep them on pickaxe duty) writing novels if you bought the Tween Lit building. Do not complete Slick’s second task. If you didn’t buy the Tween Lit building, then you really need to play 4 times a day. Ignore any side quests that don’t earn game currency. Visit 10 neighbors every day. Keep Countess Dracula and She Wolf earning quest currency. Make sure you maximize your bonuses.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Send all the kids (except Bart, Lisa, and Milhouse - keep them on pickaxe duty) writing novels if you bought the Tween Lit building. Do not complete Slick’s second task. If you didn’t buy the Tween Lit building, then you really need to play 4 times a day. Ignore any side quests that don’t earn game currency. Visit 10 neighbors every day. Keep Countess Dracula and She Wolf earning quest currency. Make sure you maximize your bonuses.

First off, thought you were @Muhsterino then realised you're @LisaSimpsonOH so editing this in afterwards.
    Thank you for explaining Bonuts, I did thank you in a post but I think I did it wrong.

And here's where I thought I was replying to @Muhsterino.

Don't have Tween Lit or Slick, only now realised what the "novel" posts about.

If I start from about midnight:
    The five who only have 4hr pickaxe jobs are doing that.

The other five are doing extended jobs like: Homer collecting bandages 8hrs, She-wolf on a run 8hrs and so on.
    Count Grampa sometimes does 8hr or 12hr depending if I think I'm going to be away for a long time.

If I wake up early morning, about 5am for example, I will turn-n-burn the five in the Forge then go back to bed, if I don't wake up, then I will collect them at about 9 or 10 say.
    But only lost the potential 600 bandages because I wasn't able to collect on the five and put back to work, rather than all ten and lose 1200.
    I would have 20 pickaxes instead of 10 of course, but last time I looked I had about 750, give or take, so not to bothered.
    And of course always collect on minions.

Then would collect from jobs at any opportunity, put them back onto pickaxe jobs, Grampa, Milhouse, Burns and so on.

Going backwards and forwards, even if it's just to take 2 off 12hr and put them back into Forge.

Will do this upto about midnight and start again, so should easily getting on there 4 or 5 times a day, which I do sometimes.
    BUT, (and it is a big BUT), it is not my ipad so I am dependent on whether it is free or not, generally I get about 10,000 in a day and that's not including a daily challenge, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Milhouse will always be on 8hr at night or at work, it is the difference of 120 bandages, I'll worry about pickaxes in the day.

Hope this explains my tactics.

I always do the side quests just in case if I don't and it stops something happening that I might like.
  • OhHappyJays
    1657 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Right now, during the day I have everyone that can craft pickaxes in the Forge. Then before I go to bed, I'm manually spending Homer and Ned to the Bazaar, and sending everyone else back to the Forge.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I didn't get everything from act two. Didn't care, because, I hardly played. Going to be the same for act three too. Get frustrated being kicked out of the game constantly. To be honest, I can't wait until the Halloween event is over. I'm hardly playing it now.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    Although it does make sense to send as many people to the Forge as possible and collect pickaxes which will get more bandages and incantations on digs, but I'm hoarding them till I have a higher bonus.
    At the moment I have 33.6, I would like to get it a bit higher if I can.

If I had only been sending the ten to the Forge, I would not have got enough bandages to have got the land token about an hour ago.
    I am now about 81,000 and have 70,000 to Bazaar, I will be collecting as many bandages as possible and that means long jobs.
  • Gary_A_D wrote: »
    I didn't get everything from act two. Didn't care, because, I hardly played. Going to be the same for act three too. Get frustrated being kicked out of the game constantly. To be honest, I can't wait until the Halloween event is over. I'm hardly playing it now.

You may need to free up some space on your device. I was having issues and deleted a bunch of old photos that were eating up space on my iPad. I rarely have issues now.

• I have not checked for a while to see how much I can get when turning out jobs.
    I had 81,000 yesterday, only able to visit 3 times and collected about 17,000 not including Daily Challenge.
    Did not think I was getting as much as that.
  • Having Tween Lit building & Slick has massively helped me wit the last two acts. Finished Act three today so I've got 8+ days to go on the Bonut run! :smiley:
  • I send she-wolf, countess and womenhet on create monster minion job when I'm playing non-event characters on an hourly basis because I don't use unemployment office and after collecting jobs, by the time I get through sending them all back on tasks, 4-6 have been turned 3 times in a 4 hour period giving anywhere between 540 bandages and 12 incantations to 1620 bandages and 36 incantations ( depending on what the payout is-mostly 90 bandages & 2 incantations on full bonus, some 45 & 1) as opposed to the 360 bandages the 3 characters get doing their 4hr event currency jobs
  • I'm just getting the Bazaar, then I'm sending my characters to the recycling plant to get more donuts for christmas.
  • general003969
    265 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm just getting the Bazaar, then I'm sending my characters to the recycling plant to get more donuts for christmas.

Do you find that recycling generates donuts faster than KEM or RTT farming?

I’ve never tried
  • simpsonare
    2362 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Rat traps are for people flushed with cash. KEM farming is more cost efficient. I get 80 to 115 donuts every 4hrs KEM farming. But I also have a 2500% multiplier @general003969
  • Rat traps are instant but cost more by much. KEM is more time consuming but pays better.