EA Forums - Banner

Lag Is Back in THOH 2018

I have finished the THOH and doing the after event quests with Womenhet (the mummy).....and remember when the event first started and there was a 12 hr task for every person and it brought everyone's game to its knees with MASSIVE LAG.

Well there is another every person task during the Womenhet after event tasks (4 hrs this time) and it again has made game almost unplayable.
  • Can barely scroll in town
  • Takes 3-4 swipes to move what should have happened with one swipe
  • Many swipes are handled like it was a tap due to the lag and brings up a building window
  • 2-3 stall with EVERY task cleared.
  • 4 to 20 seconds delay to assign town folks the 4 hour after event task. I have over 280 characters so that means it would take me 20 to 90 minutes to assign every townfolk to the 4 hour event task.

I am already 45 min of playing and have barely cleared my town and only able to assign about 10 people to the 4 hour task.

Replies

• OhHappyJays
    1631 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The task that involves townspeople to worship Sky Finger is where the lag occurs.

However, once the 5 townspeople are off the task, and the Quest continues, does the crippling lag disappear.

I feel the problem is because those who get sent on the task go to a random house is where the lag comes from. If they all got shuffled to a centralized location, the Brown House, there wouldn't be any issue.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I've always thought that rushing through tasks with Donuts was a total waste, although I've begun doing this lately when the task requires sending multiple characters. The irritation & time saved are well-worth the $$ spent. Have you considered doing this? @hobbesisreal
    Insanity Laughs. Under Pressure We’re Cracking.
  • I rushed this set of event tasks to get over the unbearable lag.
  • After the town's folk task is complete the lag disappears. So just set 5 peeps and call that 4 hr a wasted wash of time
  • Lag is killing this game for me. I don't even like playing it anymore cause of the lag.
  • hobbesisreal
    578 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @Chris60119 Except for the all town's folk tasks in the THOH event. There should not be too much lag.

Bit on my Android tablet & phone, if I don't use a memory utility to cleaned and delete system cache they will not have enough free memory to smoothly run the game and will lag. With a quick one tap memory sweep, everything works nice and smooth again.
  • simpsonare
    2264 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It is device related. That I can assure. As well as the size of your town and the hardware / malware your device has. It will be different for everyone based on items obtained. But it is also pushing device limits. That is why you receive lag. I 100% guarantee if you get the latest samsung or apple that there will be no lag.
  • Asuka2222
    187 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    simpsonare wrote: »
    It is device related. That I can assure.

Do you work for EA to make a statement like that?

Multiple devices have this issue, be it IOS, Android and even a 64GB Bluestacks machine.
    simpsonare wrote: »
    I 100% guarantee if you get the latest samsung or apple that there will be no lag.

When are you going to send out devices to prove this?