EA Forums - Banner

Thanksgiving mini event speculation

Replies

• Why do you Americans have Thanksgiving anyway? Is it a trial run for Christmas dinner on 25th December?

Everyone’s cultures are confusing to others who live outside them. I’ve never understood why the Brits celebrate Boxing Day or have a Queen

• We need a proper Tom Turkey (not that lame deco in a cage) taking revenge (Revenge!!!) on Springfield.
  • We need a proper Tom Turkey (not that lame deco in a cage) taking revenge (Revenge!!!) on Springfield.
    ^ this
  • Why do you Americans have Thanksgiving anyway? Is it a trial run for Christmas dinner on 25th December?

Everyone’s cultures are confusing to others who live outside them. I’ve never understood why the Brits celebrate Boxing Day or have a Queen

Boxing Day is pretty pointless, so you have a fair point there. It used to be about giving gifts to the poor in shoe boxes but now its just become about looking at the presents you received on Christmas Day.

The Queen is simply a bit of fun. Having a Royal Family provides free entertainment for the country, such as fancy carriage processions and Royal Weddings.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • 74hands wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Why do you Americans have Thanksgiving anyway? Is it a trial run for Christmas dinner on 25th December?

We’re so thankful we’re not British we stuff our selves with pie.

And we Brits are very grateful not to own you uncouth lot any more. We consider it a lucky escape. :D

So you come on to a site, insult a foreign country whose culture you’ve probably never actually experienced first hand and your views of said culture are based in stereotypes. Then you get mad because people of that group you were insulting didn’t thank you for sharing your biased views and don’t automatically agree?

Hmmmm...sounds like you might be an American my friend. Welcome home.
  • How about their church clothes because they have wore them at thanksgiving I think in holidays of future passed. Maybe not maggie's because it would just be a hat.
  • idikrc2n8bxb.png here they are
  • How about their church clothes because they have wore them at thanksgiving I think in holidays of future passed. Maybe not maggie's because it would just be a hat.

I think I'd like that for Easter instead.
  • I would like an event that made everyone dress like that!

• I want a gravy flood. The streets are flooded with gravy and we'll get boats to save the people of Springfield.
  • A dripping gravy bowl dripping over steaming carved turkey... Mmm... Turkey
  • wooslscott455
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Why do you Americans have Thanksgiving anyway? Is it a trial run for Christmas dinner on 25th December?

We like the coffee black and the tea in the harbor

• We should get a look at the content of the mini sometime today when we get our pre-update download which should drop within the next 4-5 hours going by recent history.
  • That's good to know.
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • Inquiring minds want to know!
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • I'm stunned we don't have an update to download yet. This would be the first time in over a year we didn't get one before the current update ends.
  • I'm excited! Always love when we near a new content update.
    pepjpfzb5hgs.gif
  • Knowing EA, there will be an update at the eleventh hour. A game update right at the time the THOH event gets taken down.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Wow. Still nothing?
  • Wow. Still nothing?

Nothing. Looks like we're back to the bad old days of same-day updates where we all sit around wondering when the update will hit and complaining that one store has it and the others don't then not starting the new mini or major event until the day is already half over with. :(