EA Forums - Banner

Purchasing Lots....

What will it take to get EA to give us back the capability of purchasing lots again by using our collected coins & not just a Free Token??? I am getting very disgusted with not having anything to spend my coins on so why should I bother going in on a daily basis & collecting coins when there isn’t anything to spend them on??!! It is getting more difficult in properly placing things without being able to buy additional lots for more space. Previously, we could buy new lots with either our coins or a Free Token. I don’t understand why that was changed. We need to have the ability back to purchase lots with our collected coins!!

Replies

• I did a quick search of the forum topics for 'buy land'. There were more than 1000 results. This has been discussed over and over. I agree it is a real pain. It appears EA is not listening.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • To play devil's advocate here, I can understand why they're doing what they're doing. You want everyone to have the biggest Springfield they can. However, not every player has been playing since the beginning, or been playing for a few years. Some are just starting out, or some have come back to scratch that itch, and as such, do not have such a big town. You want to stagger everyone out, not on purpose mind you. While it's not intended, I feel the game sort of tries to teach you (or teach us) is a bit of proper city planning, and city development. Granted, it's not on the technical scale of something like Cities Skylines, or SimCity, it's kind of like a watered down version of the formers.

The Land Tokens are there to act as a sort of roadblock, or railroading tactic. The obviously comes off as jarring and intrusive, but it acts as a sort of restrictor plate for older players. Almost all old players have pretty much unlocked all the land that is currently available. Good for them. But, like I said, not everyone playing this game is an old, long-time player. You need to encourage both parties. Encourage the newer ones a lot more. Give them Land Tokens, encourage them to keep playing the game. To make the biggest, best town they possibly can with all their favorite characters, decorations, and costumes. Make them want to show the game to any interested friends, so they can possibly pick the game up and play it for themselves.

Believe me, I'm in the party of those who would want to see a different way of land expansion, but remember about the minority in this situation. They're not thinking the same way. And EA is seemingly perfectly okay with sitting on their hands and doing nothing about this situation, and doing nothing about the constant outcry from the older playerbase. It's kind of a no win situation for them, and a one-sided victory for the older players. The younger players are the ones left behind and thrown under the bus.

While I want something to change, it's probably never going to happen. Because if EA bends over backwards to please those who are complaining, it can be seen by the younger players as playing favorites. That EA will always take the side of the older sibling when it comes to any sort of issue. And if EA relents and how's to their pleasure, what makes you think they won't try something like this again? Because if they realise they can get what they want, I can assure you they will try a stunt like it again.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • mrrichport747
    87 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Anyone think they might offer land tokens during Black Friday this year? Could be for donuts, in mystery boxes, in game task, etc.
  • Anyone think they might offer land tokens during Black Friday this year? Could be for donuts, in mystery boxes, in game task, etc.

DRZRo6e.png
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • How long have you had that screenshot, waiting for the opportunity to use it @frosted1414 :lol:
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • @Dougie_Powers_17 I don't even know! I have a bunch of stuff I've been waiting for just the right time to use, like this :naughty:
    MrVKsJP.png
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • To play devil's advocate here, I can understand why they're doing what they're doing. You want everyone to have the biggest Springfield they can. However, not every player has been playing since the beginning, or been playing for a few years. Some are just starting out, or some have come back to scratch that itch, and as such, do not have such a big town. You want to stagger everyone out, not on purpose mind you. While it's not intended, I feel the game sort of tries to teach you (or teach us) is a bit of proper city planning, and city development. Granted, it's not on the technical scale of something like Cities Skylines, or SimCity, it's kind of like a watered down version of the formers.

The Land Tokens are there to act as a sort of roadblock, or railroading tactic. The obviously comes off as jarring and intrusive, but it acts as a sort of restrictor plate for older players. Almost all old players have pretty much unlocked all the land that is currently available. Good for them. But, like I said, not everyone playing this game is an old, long-time player. You need to encourage both parties. Encourage the newer ones a lot more. Give them Land Tokens, encourage them to keep playing the game. To make the biggest, best town they possibly can with all their favorite characters, decorations, and costumes. Make them want to show the game to any interested friends, so they can possibly pick the game up and play it for themselves.

Believe me, I'm in the party of those who would want to see a different way of land expansion, but remember about the minority in this situation. They're not thinking the same way. And EA is seemingly perfectly okay with sitting on their hands and doing nothing about this situation, and doing nothing about the constant outcry from the older playerbase. It's kind of a no win situation for them, and a one-sided victory for the older players. The younger players are the ones left behind and thrown under the bus.

While I want something to change, it's probably never going to happen. Because if EA bends over backwards to please those who are complaining, it can be seen by the younger players as playing favorites. That EA will always take the side of the older sibling when it comes to any sort of issue. And if EA relents and how's to their pleasure, what makes you think they won't try something like this again? Because if they realise they can get what they want, I can assure you they will try a stunt like it again.

I have to agree with @OhHappyJays I find it very annoying that I can't just bulk buy all the land every time they give us more. That being said I use my land more wisely now, and have been revamping my town section by section as we get downtime ( which I never thought I would miss but do ). Just forcing me too look at things which were hidden behind other things allowed me to remove hundreds of items from my count. I gave up on " that fence should go all around even if no one can see half of it" to being very stingy.

There is a cost to many players of continual large 2 and 3 row increases in land. Their devices can not keep up, and then the complaints of lag and loading time get stronger.

I see this as part of the maturity of the game, and hopefully a contributor to its longevity.

[/ 2 cents ]
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Did you note how much time big towns take to load? I just don't have 82 items. I have at least one o each other item in my town.

At my S8 my town takes almost 60 seconds to load. At my iPad 2, it take several minutes.

I would not have me as a neighbor.

If I need to visit a lot of friends for donuts/ FP / event currency I would prefer small towns neighbors