EA Forums - Banner

one day before BF i'm afraid to see what this new PATCH has brought us

Replies

• 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    So... if you buy 900 donuts you get all the prizes including the donut factory? :|

Yes and 23 tokens, you can also sell the tokens for 12 donuts\per 1 token.

• It takes 150 days to break even.

Now the six donuts a day do you just tap it once to get that or do you have to tap it three times 8hrs apart and get 2ds each time.

I think the only redeeming part of the deal is what you would get from the gold box with the tokens.
    I am really angry that sven golly is in the donut box sales... I paid money for him.

What's the point of spending real money on supposed event limited time only characters if they are going to come back for donuts? :angry:

I have NO incentive now to purchase anything in the future that is advertised as a cash limited time offer :/

Wasn't there a guy used to go mad about stuff like this? Josh Snader or something?

When you take a time limited offer that in no way says the time will never be available again in any other offer.
    I am really angry that sven golly is in the donut box sales... I paid money for him.

What's the point of spending real money on supposed event limited time only characters if they are going to come back for donuts? :angry:

I have NO incentive now to purchase anything in the future that is advertised as a cash limited time offer :/

Wasn't there a guy used to go mad about stuff like this? Josh Snader or something?

When you take a time limited offer that in no way says the time will never be available again in any other offer.

Don't say his name in case he comes back.

*shudder*
  • TheJuiceLoosener
    2353 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Did you tappers really believe the content offered with cash purchases, like Sven Golly, would never be offered in other non-cash ways? Really?

I purchased Sven Golly with the cash deal. I, like the rest of you, decided it was worth the cash purchase at the time. For me, that hasn't changed. If someone can get him in a mystery box now then good for them.

I don't think EA is obligated to withhold content or continue selling it a certain way so the people who bought it originally can retain some perceived exclusive value attached to their shiny digital baubles.

*shudder*

Josh Shearer I think
    So... if you buy 900 donuts you get all the prizes including the donut factory? :|

Yes and 23 tokens, you can also sell the tokens for 12 donuts\per 1 token.

Thank you :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

*shudder*

Josh Shearer I think

Don't say Josh Shearer three times on the one thread.
  • Why would anyone spend money on the donut factory IF it can just be offered in a box in the future? :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
    Why would anyone spend money on the donut factory IF it can just be offered in a box in the future? :/

"If" is a terrible thing to count on in this game. For every item like Sven Golly that pops right back up, there is stuff like The Grumple (which was gone for years) or Duff Gardens (which still hasn't been offered beyond its original format). As always, if you like it, get it. There are no content guarantees beyond right now.
  • The EA Go Fund Me page is live now and comes with a Lard Lad Donut factory that only has one employee.
  • Josh Shearer Josh Shearer Josh Shearer
    Josh Shearer Josh Shearer Josh Shearer

I think that only works with Beetlejuice and Bloody Mary... and maybe Candyman.
  • Khorah
    195 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Well.. at least we got a free token.. :|
    Post edited by Khorah on

But being the completist that you are, I’m sure you will buy some anyway.
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

*shudder*

Josh Shearer I think

Isnt his name like Beetlejuice, dont say it 3 times 😂
    Why would anyone spend money on the donut factory IF it can just be offered in a box in the future? :/

"If" is a terrible thing to count on in this game. For every item like Sven Golly that pops right back up, there is stuff like The Grumple (which was gone for years) or Duff Gardens (which still hasn't been offered beyond its original format). As always, if you like it, get it. There are no content guarantees beyond right now.

I think it unlikely a 900 donut item would just be given away in a lucky dip in the future.

But still if it is good deal for anybody that gets it that way.
  • Loanet
    365 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't know what's wrong with you guys. It's just good business, they're only rebalancing the game.

After all, they've got to have SOME way to make a profit, right? All those CEOs, they've got mouths to feed. You don't want them to go bankrupt. I mean, if they weren't charging, how could they make other great games like FIFA: 2050 and Dungeon Keeper Mobile 2?
  • Loanet wrote: »
    I don't know what's wrong with you guys. It's just good business, they're only rebalancing the game.

After all, they've got to have SOME way to make a profit, right? All those CEOs, they've got mouths to feed. You don't want them to go bankrupt. I mean, if they weren't charging, how could they make other great games like FIFA: 2050 and Dungeon Keeper Mobile 2?

besides it was us that said it otherwise everyone would have been "oh its 6" and no complains
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • 12 a day was a slam dunk for me to get the factory, going to have think on it now.